I want a short shifter now!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Tony Fonda, May 22, 2021.

1. I saw today a zero point one and loved it. I hear there a couple more brands providing something similar.
    I have no technical ability whatsoever but want one. Where can I find someone who could install it for me?

2. Cook motorsport, south of Bristol

3. Whereabouts are you based? Select motorsport in Reading fitted and set mine up

4. I am in Cardiff and just saw 2 of them today at Llandow circuit...CAE and a 0.1

Beau likes this.
  5. Recently fitted my Zero point one shifter and absolutely love it. Has transformed the gear change. It is an absolute work of art too(although my wife was not impressed ). I have the carbon one with carbon surround.

Terry at Zero Point One has been excellent to deal with and customer service fantastic. They are UK based and I did loads of research before buying mine. I fitted mine myself with no real issues.

20210501_185703.jpg

Tony Fonda, Mr Spoon and Lopes3d like this.
  6. Very cool. Will you be visiting Cardiff any time soon? :smile:
    A day at Llandow on me if you help me with the installation...

Beau likes this.
  7. Just had a look. 3hrs drive would be worth it for that and definitely a track I need to tick off my list!! Not too bad a job either, I have definitely done worse.

8. You could also stop by mine at Worcester and I'll sort you out with something too :wink: its on the way.. looks like you've got a new job coming....

Beau likes this.
  9. If anyone needs airbag lights sorting on the way I could sort that too!! This is looking like a possible trip at the moment!

10. I've got 4 spare bedrooms, so you can safely park here for a half way stop for the night before Llandow, double garage with room to work inside, (squeeze through the garage doors though) and ill even feed you. If you need to stop the following night following the track day, then again.

or i can just pay you in kind.

Beau likes this.
  11. Looks like I have a road trip coming up. Need to see if @Somnambulist wants to follow me as sure that is a track he wants to do too!

Somnambulist likes this.
  12. if you bring two more people i can put each of you in a bedroom and we will have a full house for the first time ever.

Beau likes this.
  13. ill also do llandow. we can megane it up

Beau likes this.
  14. How shameless Mr Spoon :smile: humiliating my generous offer and outbidding it in public!

Why don't the 3 of us team up in this case?

Mr Spoon and Beau like this.
  15. Airbag is still OK for me - the only 2 things I would possibly be looking at doing are replacing the driver seat with something better for a track day and installing Android Auto on that tablet.

But nothing tops that short shifter. Absolutely amazing thing.

Beau likes this.
  16. Beau likes this.
  17. There are still places at Llandow for the 19th of June if you guys are up for it, but we will have to act quickly and book.

18. Mr Spoon does what Mr Spoon is :sunglasses:

19. Are there any discounts offered to forum members by zeroPone? Particularly if the 2 of us place an order for 2 units I am thinking..

20. I'm always game for a bit of discount ....

21. Worth asking worst he can say is no!

22. Mr Spoon likes this.