Yellow Megane RS 250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Charlie Howard, Jul 8, 2018.

1. You have fitted washer jets too?

2. You have fitted washer jets too?

3. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

They're already on the car, I thought all RS models had them?

4. Maybe then, thought they were only fitted to megs with xeons, will try mine tomorrow morning

5. Charlie Howard

They only work when your headlights are on and fluid is above half

6. I've got headlight washers with my 250 with halogens, no idea if they work all the time though!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. That makes sense, ta

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. dont think they work if you are going at speed, only ever noticed mine whilest im in traffic or moving slowly

9. Charlie Howard

Yeah under 10mph I think

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They work at any speed

11. they don't work every time either, not sure but its around every 4-5 times you use the wiper washers.

12. Loads of nice touches mate. Just seen you’re local. If you still struggle for a garage, Rentech are spot on.

13. Charlie Howard

Yeah found that yesterday, worked at about 30. Sorry to the kids that were walking past! I forget how long it takes to finish spraying everything :tearsofjoy:

I gave them a call last time I wanted some work done, which was all ball joints and track ends but they never got back to me, I sent him 2 messages on his facebook page after I called him and he still never got back to me. So I just went to K-Tec instead, I know some guys have had issues with them but they've always been amazing for me.

-Jamie- likes this.
  14. Ah right. He is a bit of a one man band so isn’t the quickest at replying which is a shame. He looked after my clio for 5 years and had no issues!

15. Charlie Howard

He just didn't seem very interested in doing the work

16. Hi,

You sprayed your outside door handles? How did you get them off to do this, is there an easy way. I tried searching the net the other day but couldn't find a guide on how to do it. I did my badges the other day and wanted to do the handles too but couldn't figure out how to get them off.

Thanks.

17. Charlie Howard

They were sprayed, currently wrapped but I don't like them so in January I'm getting carbon fibre ones done. This thread helps with showing you how to remove them https://rsmegane.com/threads/black-door-handles.16940/ it can be quite stiff the first time but you'll get it eventually. Once you've unhooked them it's just 2 screws to remove the plastic cover

18. Charlie Howard

Just thought I'd let you guys know I've managed to retrofit electric folding mirrors and they work perfectly! May do a write up if anyone's interested

MorganJames likes this.
  19. Looking forward to that :sunglasses::sunglasses:

20. one thing i miss on mine

21. Charlie Howard

Will work on a write up at some point next week for you

Just got my armrest retrimmed so I got it fitted yesterday. Won't be everyone's cup of tea but I think it really fits with the gaiters and steering wheel!
    Pjiu5bw.jpg

Gareth and MorganJames like this.
  22. Where’s that been done at? Really like it.

23. Charlie Howard

KolourKoncept, they're on Facebook and Instagram. Tell him I sent you

24. Charlie Howard

25. Have enjoyed reading your thread so far, love the wheel, gearbox, handbrake and armrest retrim, looks very smart

how much lead time for the headlights, any pics from the evening, with headlights on and just sidelights and how much for a set?

cheers

26. Charlie Howard

Happy new year!

Here you go, hard to get a good photo at night, I might try the night mode and post another but this is the best
    I got at the moment.

46e9tNu.jpg
    QHkQX2B.jpg

27. who did the seatbelts please and rough price if poss. mine are yellow too ..bernie

28. Charlie Howard

KolourKoncept, same people that have done all my trimming

29. Charlie Howard

Got a big project in the works for my car currently. Working on a custom navigation system. I tried a Xtrons unit but didn't like it and to be honest the only thing the Megane is missing is nav as it has everything else you need like Bluetooth and RS Monitor which I didn't want to lose.

Still testing it at the moment but this is how it looks currently and will also be able to keep the RS monitor.
    Running on a Raspberry Pi 4, boots straight into the nav and can add anything I want basically as it's a full custom unit.

30. Please more details on that. I integrated Pi running Crankshaft/Android Auto into my RS 265.

Which Software is it you are running and is it possible to run Android Auto too?

31. Charlie Howard

It's possible but not something I'm going to bother with as I just don't need it. This is running navit, but it does require a lot of setup yourself.

32. Charlie Howard

Using Scratch Doctor fabric dye to dye all the white stitching to yellow, looks a lot better
    F9iq5j8.jpg

jamesbeaumont likes this.
  33. Charlie Howard

Been driving the Beamer to work as it's cheaper, not as fun, not as comfortable and boring but I do love the iDrive. So I got this, R-Link RS Monitor 2 from StageX. I didn't want to continue with my homemade one, although it would work I wanted factory. Quite easy to fit, gotta remove the centre console to replace the cup holder with the controls, headunit, USB/Aux plugs, and screen obviously. So my RS Monitor 1 is up for sale.
    8UKYi2S.jpg

34. Did you supply the parts or did stage x?

35. Charlie Howard

They did, or though I guess you could get it all sent to them

36. Expensive?

37. Charlie Howard

Yeah very, but worth it to me so you don't have to mount my phone anywhere and it works really well

38. Pm me the price, thats if you dont mind.

39. It's worth paying the little bit extra for android auto if you haven't got an apple phone.

40. Charlie Howard

Yeah I got Android Auto added but probs won't use it as I don't like plugging it in