Which cars have LSDs / Ohlins / Akra?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by thatblokeagain, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Hi guys,

First post here. Is there a guide on the forum as to which models come with what features as standard? Or what models had some of the more desirable options?

I'm likely looking for an RS250/265/275 but am a bit confused. Been looking at the CUP-S or Trophy as I deffo want an LSD at the very least.

Are there any other 'must have' options for a fast road / occasional track car?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

2. as you have said, LSD for fast road/track is a must. Recaros are a lovely feature as this means fitting harnesses is nice and easy for when your on track.

with a rs 250 and r265 you need to make sure you have a cup or cup pack to give you the LSD, cup shocks, rs monitor etc.

For the other items you have mentioned like Ohlins, Akra these are on the rs275 so your looking at a cup s or trophy. However I think with the costs of ohlins servicing im not 100% sure they are worth it over non Ohlins and some high end coilovers.

thatblokeagain likes this.
  3. Thanks mate, much appreciated.

I hear you on the Ohlins and potential aftermarket options like KW V3s etc. Any idea on how long Ohlins last on average and what the service costs are?

4. Im sure its like every 25k miles or 4 years, servicing is £1000 plus

5. Hi Bud, I tend to refer people to this guide when they have questions like yours;

https://www.renaultsportclub.co.uk/...t-mk3-mégane-s-250-to-275-nav-specification-s

It shows all different versions from the 250 to 275 Cup-s & Nav, along with all standard options and extras available etc.

I do agree with the above too, if you were looking for a 275 I'd personally get a none Ohlins one and spend money on some decent coilovers.

Something to note too is in the later cars - 275 Trophy, 275 Nav & 275 Cup-s is that they had issues with the diff bearings in the box where it develops a whine and they need replacing, my old 275 Nav developed the issue at 33k miles 2016 car (just something to look out for when buying)

6. Thanks my friend, much appreciated.

I quite liked the look of this https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201101181423 which could have the same issues as your 275 Nav.

From what I've read, Renault have little understanding of the Ohlins anyway and this car could be due a suspension service too.

7. I think Renault Dealers barely know what a RenaultSport is let alone an Ohlin Damper. Quite surprised they even knew for the advert. Cant be more than 40-50 cars fitted if you exclude the Trophy-R.

My thoughts. In respect to the Ohlins. I Think as a factory car experience for the road goes top is Good Tyres ( eg PS4S), Ohlins, Recaros & Alcantara Steering wheel. Would you want a Trophy-R without Ohlins or Clio Trophy without Sachs. The Ohlins are a £4k set of suspension. So refurbed for £1k got to be Better than a £1k set of coil overs. They are as much about damping & ride rather than just firmness & body control.

That car looks OK you could buy & enjoy the Ohlins. If they needed refurb you could put your coilovers on and sell the ohlins even in need of a refurb got to be worth £1k. So don't think there is a loose there.

For me the Recaro's is more of a must. Makes the car feel special all the time. Back seats are trimmed nicely too. Really lifts the car.

All the best in your hunt. If you see your perfect spec jump on it quick.

8. And if you just go for a Recaro'd Cup opens up earlier cars that you can get cheaper & spend the extra on the Suspensions refresh....... Nitrons not supposed to be the daddy?