250 Ticking Noise

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Abdulla Al Ali, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Hi,

Would be great if someone can help in figuring out the potential cause for this noise while steering.

Megane 250, Godspeed rotor, DS3000 pad, Whiteline drop link.

Regards,

2. I think it can be normal. When upgrade pads rest a little over the disc, without brake press, usually make that noise. Is the price to pay for a good brakes, well, and a lot of dust too.

3. Resting over the disc like the images below?

Attached Files:

4. Wow, those pads works pretty near to the disc core, but don´t seem like touch it. When I say resting, I mean the surface of the pad over the surface of the disc, where it have the hooks. I´m sorry, I can´t explain good with my english:sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

5. But, watching the video again, maybe is not the noise that I mean. I would check the fitment again, just in case.

Abdulla Al Ali likes this.
  6. I don't think so as I'm running same rotor and pads setup in my NA Clio 3 RS and Megane 225 and I don't have this clicking noise.

manugtt likes this.
  7. if not related to any braking, and only when turning wheels onto lock both ways (worse in reverse & wheel lock?) have you considered cv's?

manugtt likes this.
  8. Never thought about it as I didn't see any leak from CV boot.

9. Failed cv bearing doesn't necessarily mean leaking boot

manugtt likes this.
  10. Used to get a similar noise from my Performance Friction 2 piece discs when turning. Whilst at the 'Ring' i popped in to Kirfel who said without even looking at it said its the 2 piece discs.

11. The guy who is in-charge for my car's alignment says same. he is suspecting the rotor as well. However, what I noticed recently is that after giving the car a decent wash, the ticking noise disappears for awhile. That's bit weird.

12. Probably water getting inbetween the mating surfaces of the disc assembly acting as a lubricant.

13. I have the same sound.
    Godspeed 2 piece discs and Endless ME22 pads.