Driveshaft Spacers

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Tom 265Cup, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Need to get hold of some driveshaft spacers, i know quite a few people are using them after lowering.

Anybody any ideas of how to get hold of some?

Tried looking for some local businesses that may produce them as a one off but not having much luck

Cheers

2. As above I need a pair also after lowering my 265.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Guys I have 2 of these that are up for grabs that I had made to the exact measurement but I now have not got the car and surplus to requirements PM me for details.

fb843ddd3350f985a0beb33888e1be63.jpg

4. Sold many thanks

5. Damn :worried:. Anyone else have any of these or can point me in the right direction to have them made?

6. Unless you're going stupid low I wouldn't bother. I was fairly low on my old 250 and never bothered with spacers, ktec said they've never fitted them to any of their customers and look how low Floyd's is

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. I spoke to Raeder Motorsport at the `Ring` in May & they said they were not necessary,only if the car was stupidly low.

8. well yes and no but because some people like to use their car on daily basis and also use the maximum turn radius lock to lock (this is when it happens the most on lowered megane rs when the drive shaft can pop out)

when your car is lowered for some this seems stupidly low for others it is just lowered (with coilovers , dont worry with lowered springs or oem springs they dont go low enough) the chances are higher it will happen or pop out (i know 2 guys who where unlucky to have experienced it) , it is in my eyes an inexpensive mod if you like to lower your car some more and want some extra "security" that the chances are lower that your drive shaft can pop out ... but hey this is just my experience :smiley:

Pipps310 and Eddie_ like this.
  9. Can anyone supply these?

Regards
    KT

Pipps310 likes this.
  10. Another set is available, pm me for details

44f16d3dd4ba86a907ca63f0afcbba60.jpg

11. @Eddie_ !

And did you get a chance to check about mats for me yet? :wink:

Eddie_ likes this.
  12. This set sold

13. Can someone explain where they install them? On the hub side or on the gearbox side?

Thanks,
    S.

14. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

On the hub side to push the drive shaft in the gearbox

Pipps310 likes this.
  15. So I assume they are the same size as the inner part of the wheel bearing to press there.

S.

16. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

8baf663d4501f800ef9f2257f5d91c16.jpg

bb2ffc2db2e6f4e6ff91d787969be6b5.jpg

8573b9e7f0812bb4912ebf2e94822e0b.jpg

Pipps310 and bulardas like this.
  17. Got sorted :wink:. Yeah I'm back in on Thursday its on my to do list :smile:

Nigelo likes this.
  18. Never heard of driveshaft spacers before. So when you lower the car the driveshaft sits more 'level' so more likely to pop out? Confused

19. Good stuff, no more driveshaft worries then!

Eddie_ likes this.
  20. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Any ideas on pricing for these?

Pipps310 likes this.
  21. I assume the driveshafts have quite an aggressive angle of attack from standard so the issue is when you go really low this puts them at even more of a steep angle

Pipps310 likes this.
  22. Yeah I believe it is really only required on the near side shaft due to it being shorter and at more of an angle, but may aswell do both shafts just to be sure.

TEV250 and Pipps310 like this.
  23. Received mine today pipps

Pipps310 likes this.
  24. Lovely mate. I can do more if required

25. Received mine today also Pipps. Thanks very much, great service.

Pipps310 and Nigelo like this.
  26. I had a drive shaft pop out on the Nürburgring[emoji20] So I really recommend the spacer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

Pipps310, Nigelo and Danith like this.
  27. No , you only have to do the driveshaft that's in one piece,the other driveshaft has an extra support and won't fail.
    For a left hand drive Megane you have to put the spacer at the drivers side and for a right hand drive I suppose the passenger side..

28. I have another 3 sets ready to be used if any takers

29. .

30. Hello Pipps,

What price are you thinking for one set? Are you also selling just one for the short shaft?

S.

31. Not really correct, as the parts of the shafts that are flexing are the same size left and right, and the spacers are there as the shafts "shorten" from being at an angle and they put more stress on the CV joints..
    Both are recomended...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Pipps310 likes this.
  32. 2 sets left

33. For some reason my PM is not working and not receiving messages alternatively email me on Ian.pippard@btinternet.com
    Cheers

34. Just sent you a mail! :sunglasses:

35. 1 set left
    Cheers

36. I know a lot of people with a broken left drive shaft , but never heard of a broken right drive shaft so in my opinion it's not necessary. And I'm a member of the French , German , South Africa,Australian,Belgium,Dutch and UK Megane RS forum :smiley:

37. Nhf but forum membership does not get you mechanical credentials. Its not only abaut stoping the shafts being broken, but to minimise the wear on CV joint and stop the vibration under heavy aceleration caused by CV joint being to far out...
    If you want to "save" some weight, or money by installing only one go for it, but dont give recomendation based on read posts of diferend forums abaut left d.s. being broken and right d.s. not... (ps failing of one of the shaft before the other only means it is stressed more, not that the other one is not stressed)
    Ps, Sorry if i sound hursh, it was not my intention.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

38. I invented the wheel spacer because lots of people with lowered Meganes had troubles with the left drive shaft,also I broke one so I put my brains in overdrive and came up with the spacer,my Megane is 5.5 years old with 92000km and I'm almost every Sunday on the Nurburgring,drove around 1200 laps on the ring and my right drive shaft never had a problem without the spacer so I suppose it's not necessary....

Bowen, Nigelo, Pipps310 and 1 other person like this.
  39. .

40. Quick one - if you fit spacers but there may not be a "need" for them, does it do any harm?