265 MK3 RS sports cat

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by DV8, Mar 20, 2019.

1. DV8

DV8

Is anyone one running a sports cat on their Meganes? Don’t want the hassle of having to change but also don’t want to bother if there’s no benefit. A few horses would be nice.

2. Waste of money, you won't notice the difference in bhp, and you get a few more pops and bangs

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Sports cats/decat makes one of the biggest differences to performance in terms of exhaust....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Jamie230 and DV8 like this.
  4. Still have my proper cat in and it still pops and bangs even in normal mode, more in sport mode, also not been mapped :sunglasses:

5. Not what you have said in previous threads about sport cats, but decat yeah

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Enlighten me then please

7. Ive got one on mine and its made a good bit of difference in both noise and power, well worth the money!

DV8 likes this.
  8. DV8

DV8

Thanks guys. Slightly confused on the message here.

If it flows better and makes another 10+hp I’d be happy.

Not fussed on pops on bangs. Mainly performance.

Anyone used the GT Performance silenced system with sports cat. Think that’s what I’m going to go for.

9. My understanding is a decat pipe flows the best and gives the most HP increase, but then there's MOT issues, need to swap out again or friendly tester. A sports cat gives slightly less HP increase but should have no issues come MOT time, as long as it's warmed up well.

Personally I'll be going for a sports cat downpipe in the future, into the stock catback with middle silencer removed. HP Motorsport 10, GT Performance, RS Tuning, Cobra, KTEC do sports cat downpipes. Hoping to go with the GT Performance one myself mainly due to price.

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah you did, that was in regards to mot stuff, Ie do a decat then add a sports cat further down the system

11. DV8

DV8

Cheers guys, Sports cat it is :smile:

dan4291 likes this.