Low clutch pedal - PK4-017 gearbox

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Eder, May 18, 2020.

1. Hi guys,

I would like to know if someone has had this clutch problem.

I have a Fluence GT that uses PK4-017 gearbox, very similar to the PK4-018 of Megane RS mk3.

This Saturday, the clutch pedal simply stayed low after I pressed it while driving the car out of the garage.

I had to pull the pedal back up and insist some times until it regained pressure and worked again.

Apparently is appears to be the pedal master cylinder, because I did'nt see any leaks...
    low clutch pedal.jpeg

2. your clutch has worn out, the pressure from the slave pushes the peddle back, the slave is at maximum travel.

3. based on multiple similar scenarios I would suggest its the slave cylinder that failing, if is case then perfect time to renew clutch as well

4. Yeah, maybe that is the case...we are investigating and so far the pedal actuator seems to be the problem.

5. I've ordered the pedal actuator and we'll replace it. If possible, we'll run some tests before disassembling the gearbox and replace the clutch. If the actuator inside the clutch kit is the problem, then it is a good opportunity to renew the whole kit, you're right!

6. Ohh, I friend of mine had problem with this kind of valve in the post...but my mechanic said it could be a problem in the pedal actuator. So we decided to order the cylinder. Hope it is not too late to cancel the cylinder and maybe check this valve first. The problem is we don't have the cylinder or this valve readly available, and the car must wait disassembled after the right problem cause is found. Is there a way to test the line pressure or any leaks in this valve? Everything seems ok from a visual inspection