How much is my car worth?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Gregg, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Thinking of selling my 2015 275 Trophy. Seeing two others for sale on Autotrader at over 20k?!What do you think is a fair and realistic price?

Owned for 5 years now. Photos here…

https://rsmegane.com/threads/another-lockdown-detail.20232/

53,000 miles and excellent condition.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Cheers.

2. I think it’s very hard at the minute to differentiate between what they are up for sale for and what they’re actually selling for.

Alex at performance only has a 90k miles one up for £18k

There’s the 2 over £20k on Autotrader but I’d say Liquid Yellow commands a £1/2k premium over other colours.

There was one on similar mileage to yours but running hybrid setup, nitron coilovers etc for £19,995 on Facebook group

For a pretty standard unmolested example like yours which people look for I’d probably say anything between £18-20k if you actually want it to sell, maybe more if you want to sit and wait for the right buyer.

3. Thanks Matt. Agree with all of your comments and thanks for the detailed reply. 19k sounds about right then, considering it's immaculate inside and out. Really appreciate your help.

4. You got any more info?

Assuming belts been done a couple of years back? Has it got Ohlins? Have they been refurbed? Any consumables needing replaced? Brakes/tyres.

Those would be other factors to effect price to me.

5. I would factor in well speced Cup-S as competition. There is a Black one on 34k with Recaros & Ohlins (Refurbed) for £19k. That would probably be my choice out of whats on Autotrader (although not keen on Black). Cup-S are usually 1-2 years newer than Trophy.

Factor in aswell that you are not a dealer? Usually trade/private/dealer element to pricing.

Have you thought about seeing if KTEC or another RS Dealer fancy it. Worth getting a price as a bottom line. They seem to be thin on RS stock.

6. All great points. Totally agree. Yes, belts done, brakes good and 19" PS4s all round fairly recently. No Ohlins. Good thoughts on checking with dealers, but I'll probably test the water privately first as it's such a clean, special car. Thanks for the good advice.

7. No problem!

Stick it at what you think and just see how it goes - Some people want a track ready car but there's usually a better market for the standard non-abused ones.

In my experience a good, detailed advert with plenty of good pictures goes a long way! eBay has always been a winner for me too when it comes to selling.

Personally I think the trophy holds a bit more value than a newer 275 Cup-S/Nav or at least they seem to sell a lot easier, when I was selling my fully optioned flame red 275, 95% of enquiries were from people who actually wanted a trophy.

Good luck with the sale if you decide to go for it!

8. Thanks mate. I'll get a detailed advert up this weekend. I do like the Cup-S, but the one up at 19k doesn't look like it has the Akra exhaust, which was a must for me.

9. I was not saying you needed to sell to the dealers. But if you have an add up for a month at £19k then drop to £18k. Then call the dealer they are gonna think he could not sell it & are desperate. Will give him £15k.

If you ask first (with nothing shown online adverts) with strong pics & description you may get offered £17k. If that are shit you can use pics & description for Ad.

10. I agree like for like (identical spec) I would go Trophy over Cup-S & I have a Cup-S. I like the 19s design better on the Trophy and the Stripes. Although probably prefer the Black Blade more than Silver on the front. No real preference on seats. Std AC fine for me.

I think with your car Flame Red is a bit of a strange one colour wise. I love the colour & it really pops and have near identical colour on my wife's MX5 25th Anniversary. But some colours lend themselves more to sporty hot hatches. White, Red, Black.... Yellow.

11. Why you selling? What you going to replace with? Cant be much around thats intresting without adding a good chunk of ££