Hello all

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Jaco Rs, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Hello all, ive just signed up to the forum. Ive been lurking for some time and thought it was about time I came and said hello!

I currently own a R26 but have had an RS250 in the past.

Are there any members from Fife here?

Looking forward to chatting with you all

Jack

2. Hi Jack and welcome

3. Thanks Ian

4. get some pics up, we like pics on here.

Did you have another Megane or Renaultsport before the 250 and what do you think of the r26 against the 250 ????

5. I’ll take some fresh ones tomorrow and get them up, if I can figure out how!

I’ve always loved R26’s. Everything about them, the shape, the noise, the driving experience. Don’t get me wrong, the 250 was a lovely car but I just didn’t get the same driving thrill as I do in the R26. I’d like to know other people’s opinion on this?

ianplymouth likes this.
  6. Welcome Jack, good choice and +1 on the pics please.

I’m biased of course but I prefer my 26 to a mates 250 as well, though another mate has a trophy r and that’s a very different animal :tonguewink:

7. My thoughts exactly, i had a 225 that was troublesome to say the least, bought the 265 on a bit of a whim, but have spent that much on it i can't sell it.

I should have held out and bought a R26, still time though :laughing::laughing::laughing:

8. Thanks for the welcome! I actually passed a Trophy R today coming out of Dunfermline Tesco. I wander if it was someone from here! But yes, they are something else!

9. Buy a 26 then swap the engines over :smile:

10. Do you mind me asking what you have spent so much on? Do you have a thread here with pictures / spec of your 265?

11. Have you been out in one Jack?

12. Now you've done it lol!

ianplymouth likes this.
  13. Don't :cry::cry:

14. Unfortunately not! But I had a little ‘blip’ along side one and wow was the only word I could think of at the time!

15. car was totally standard when i bought it, belonged to one elderly gentleman (84) bought as an ex demo
    First was BC coilovers and geo
    Exhaust
    Bucket seats
    Half cage

Turbo
    con rods and pistons
    full rebuild etc etc etc

Not even going to tot up what i have spent :neutral::neutral:

16. My mate was lucky enough to own a v10 plus R8 at the same time as the trophy and on a B road near his house I reckon the trophy was as quick if not quicker point to point than the R8 was, genuinely scarily fast through corners.

17. I have been out in two, both on track when Renault used to do trackdays :sunglasses::sunglasses:

18. ianplymouth likes this.
  19. Thanks Jack
    It's sort of a bus mans holiday for me as i'm an engineer by trade, but i really enjoy this type of work :laughing::laughing:

20. Welcome Jaco! Enjoy the forum and...where are those pics, by the way?:tonguewink: