265 engine forging

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by ianplymouth, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Did you get it fitted today then Ian?

2. Double post :flushed:

3. Part of the problem with the other actuator was i had to bend the rod around the turbo housings so it sprang when the boost built up, so trying to work out how to get a straight as possible pull was quite difficult.

So i bent the arm a little to get around the housing, although it was better it wasn't right, so a bracket to fit on the turbo arm was fabricated, sorry i didn't get a pic of it prior to fitting but this is of it fitted

50105730222_8687608ded_k.jpg IMG_20200711_173244 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

LoK28o likes this.
  4. Once it was tensioned to the the recommend setting, i attached a pump to the actuator to see what pressure it was releasing at, well according to my gauge it was nearly 40 psi, Chris said that he had set the boost cut out to 29psi :openmouth::openmouth:
    i went out for a drive and it did the overboost cut out a couple of times.

So i removed the actuator stripped it and removed the 5psi spring.

took it back out with the lower spring rating and now all good, its set at 21psi now instead of the 26

final fit
    50105730592_c606960db3_k.jpg IMG_20200711_174229 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

LoK28o, manugtt and Poppaboost like this.
  5. Yes all done and working great

Also finally fixed the oil leak

6. Nice work.

7. One more time, bravo!:wink:

LoK28o likes this.
  8. bbbbboooooSSSSTTTTTTTTT.....ARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

9. Its a bit quicker now :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Poppaboost likes this.
  10. When’s it going back for the map tweak then Ian?

11. Not sure yet, will also need to speak to Chris, i might be going to Anglesey at some point, so will try and tie the two together, so might have to wait a bit :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm at Donington on Monday so will see how it performs :sunglasses::sunglasses:

12. Can I be your essential helper on Monday and come over then :wink:

13. Yes i suppose you can, bring your lid and driving licence, you never know :laughing::laughing:

14. Not allowed passengers though I don’t think from what I saw of it.

15. Okay, but just in case :laughing::laughing:

Who said about a passenger :fearscream: bring some wipes :flushed:

16. Good to see youve hopefuly sorted it ian. Be interesting to see what figures you manage to get next time you take it to Chris!!

17. Which bolts did you use to secure the downpipe, mine tend to come loose after a trackday :-/ ?

18. Mine is now on a "V" band so not an issue, sorry, i have not had a problem with the down pipe, most have a problem with the turbo bolts coming loose

TsArno likes this.
  19. Hi Ian, any updates? What EFR is that btw?

20. Any updates :laughing::laughing:
    Sold the car at the beginning of 2021, i bought a R26 that is now forged, just fitted a hybrid turbo and off to EFI on Tuesday.
    Was mapped at 310hp, hoping for a reasonable jump in power.

As for the turbo on the 265 is was a EFR 6758 twin scroll, great turbo
    Started to boost at about 1800rpm full boost by 2400rpm :sunglasses::sunglasses:

BlueNGT and JJZ like this.