Age old. R26 Vs Normal 225

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by imprezaworks, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Been looking about for a car to buy for what feels like 10 years, it's been on and off 8 months :/.

For normal road use and maybe a trackday here and there what are your thoughts

R26 circa 6k
    225 cup or similar circa 4k.

2. A 225 is fine, loved mine, if you are going to fit coilovers then i can't see any difference.
    when the 265 goes i will be in the market for a 225 or R26, 265 is a great car on the road but i think the 225/R26 is better on track.
    My personal thoughts :laughing::laughing:

3. There is a r26 I'm keen on, needs belts and a but of paint. But it's 5500 ISH.

Seen a few 225 cups obviously quite a bit less.

4. to be honest i would go for the 225 and put some mods on it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. I paid £1k for my 225 lol.

It all depends on what's important to you really. Do you care about how it looks or how it drives?

Mine is a dog, but if I spend a few grand on it it'll be pretty capable for track use which is all I care about!

6. To be honest, I just want a looked after car lol.

I did own a 225 trophy albeit it was an okay example. I should have spent more time with it but my love for the clios was still strong ha ha

7. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

R26 would be the better choice, they will hold there money better compared to a 225

Ian Hughes likes this.
  8. hsustyle

hsustyle RSM Club Member

imprezaworks likes this.
  9. Seen it mate. Be after a lower mile example at that sort of money. Not being a knob btw lol. Looks clean though.

10. hsustyle

hsustyle RSM Club Member

No that makes sense. You're done with clios now? I am at last!

11. few and far between now..mine isnt a daily,and is only used once and a while,
    but still has 50k on it...

12. Can't find a Clio mate and the ones I've been offered were ropey :worried:

13. @hsustyle

What car you rocking these days

14. Sell me yours lol

15. hsustyle

hsustyle RSM Club Member

Same here, I looked at 3 ff200 clios but all had issues. Now have a Ly r26 on 76k miles, very happy with it.

DSC_0794.JPG

16. Looks tidy mate. I'm not anywhere near on the forum as much as I used to be. Partly because I'm busy and have no car to speak of.

Maybe a decent Mégane will pop up soon. This time around I'm finding getting a replacement to the RB hard bloody work..