275 Non Renault TPMS

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Skornogr4phy, Oct 31, 2017.

1. I recently bought these sensors for my 275: https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/vdo/7615712

As far as I can see, they appear to be OEM ones. The car won't detect them however, even after trying to reset the tyre pressures using the stalk. Anybody have any ideas on why they might not be working?

2. Have tried going for a drive, normal sort there selves out after a fee metrers of driving.

3. Oh and i believe standard are continental sensors.

4. I've driven a couple hundred miles on them and no dice.

5. As above, they should sort themselves out, if i can find my spares ill take a pic, so you can see if they are the same. What was wrong with TPMS you had? or what happened to them

6. 5KT3JyU.jpg

7. ,
    Afraid you're in for a bit of a nightmare matey, basically a device called an "exciter" is needed plus diagnostics to get the sensors to talk to the ecu, generally only Renault main dealers have this device, your NON- Renault sensors will never work until you've done the above. As you've discovered, driving any distance, pressing stalk buttons etc have no effect, the real answer is only buy pukka Renault sensors and fitted by a Renault dealer, I've been thro' a similar nightmare, see my thread "TPMS WAREHOUSE OF LANCASHIRE" 2nd October posted on this forum.

8. They need coding to each wheel first.

9. You only need to buy genuin renault ones, once fitted, they get picked up by the system. I bought one for my spare, had no issues with it when i got a local tyre garage fit it.

10. It seems like the ones I bought are exactly the same product code as the eBay ones you just posted. Maybe I'll try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting and see if that makes any difference to them being discovered.

11. What frequency are your original sensors? The ones you've bought are 434mhz, but some are listed as 433mhz

12. They're for new wheels so I didn't take any sensors out. It's possible I bought the wrong frequency ones but it does say that they work for the car.

13. From a quick look online it looks likely Megane uses the 433mhz frequency, not 434mhz.
    The same supplier you got them from also say that 240mm discs fit the rear of my R26, whereas they take 300mm discs. Unfortunately generally these sites state to make sure that the part is they recommend is suitable as they won't be liable if not.

14. Oh well. I'll use them up until the tyres need changing. Waste of £90 :rage:

15. What do people do when they fit aftermarket wheels? Do the Renault TPMS valves fit them, or do people just not bother? Does it put a warning light on the dash? If so, that would do my head in.

16. I've no sensors on my spare track wheels and it just comes up with the message that the sensors are absent in the cluster display.

17. Yeah, wouldn't mind for track wheels, but on the road I think it would annoy me if it didn't work lol

18. Yes, you get the TPMS red warning light on ALL the time and the "tyre sensors not found " message on the display every time you switch on, the message can be knocked off via the stalk buttons for that drive but reappears every time you start up, annoying it sure is !!

19. I think it depends on the spec / age as to what warning you get. I have a 265 and removed the stock TPMS sensors within days to fit some better ones, and I get a warning in startup that sensors have not been detected and you obviously don’t get the readings, but otherwise no warning light.

Seemingly, recoding the UCH to tell it TPMS is disabled or not fitted requires a specific config file fr9m Renault and I’m not aware of anyone who has been able to do this. It is definitely not just a case of disabling TPMS via a setting in Clip as it was on the Megane 2.

20. I guess the TPMS valves won't fit aftermarket wheels?

21. why? :tongueout:

22. Wasn't sure if the TPMS valves used a different fitment into the rim. Never looked at one I must say.

It drive me mad if there was a warning message on all the time lol

23. Provided the rims use an 11mm valve hole and the angle of the area behind the valve hole is relatively flat to allow the sensor to sit on the rim, the original valves and sensors will fit.