250 TPMS sensors

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Ben Jones, May 18, 2017.

1. Had a faulty sensor so bought one from Ebay (This link). Had it fitted today and driven 20 miles and still getting no read out from it. Am I right in understanding that all you need to do is drive a short distance and it will work?

The actual unit they sent looks nothing like the photo in the advert and has different part numbers to my original, it actually looks more like this.

I rang the company after I received it and questioned would it definitely work as it looked different and had a different part number. They said there are several part numbers to replace that can replace one part number (my original part number is 407003743R). So took their word for it and got it fitted but seems like I'm now out of pocket for fitting the TPMS sensor, refitting a rubber valve and return postage.

Am I missing something at all?

At the same time I had the other 3 vavles replaced as they'd corroded slightly, so used these replacement kits, which worked a treat. However 5 mins after leaving the tyre place one of the working TPMS readouts decided to stop and started reporting a missing sensor. Any idea what would cause the sensor to do this, possibly misfitted??

2. It needs to be programmed using CLIP I believe... a Renault job or someone with CLIP on the cheap...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

3. Not sure if it's different for newer Meganes though... i have a 225 and it's a pain if one breaks.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

4. I had to replace one of mine when my valve snapped and all the air came out of my tyre.

I bought one from Renault, and got it fitted elsewhere. Once I started driving it started working.

No coding or anything needed.

5. How much was it from Renault?

6. I bought 4 new ones from ebay for £90 for my 250 track wheels, was told they needed coding, but they don`t. After a short drive they pick them up.

7. Thats the wrong valve thats why.

8. Which one? The 2nd link was merely to show what the unit looked like (blue), not saying that's the exact thing they sent and I didn't take a pic of it so not sure not it's in the tyre. On one positive note the tpms sensor that was playing up has come back to life so I'll just have to lump the cost of removing and refitting and have ordered a new one

9. It should look like the first, I bought mine direct from renault, and it worked within a few yards of driving.

10. I had a sensor go 'sensor absent' on the left side of mine. The dealer spent ages trying to work it out, even ordered a new one, eventually they worked out there is a calibration button on each TPMS apparently? Hope that helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Update**

Bought another TPMS sensor and this one sprang to life after 2 mins of driving. Nothing else needed so not sure about the guys on here who've mentioned software and buttons.

If anyone else needs them I was quoted £37 from Renault but managed to get them for £28 from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171820877952

New sensor dosen't seem to list the old part number on it but certainly works, here is old (rather melted...no idea why) and new.

Attached Files:

12. They sensors on the MK3 Megs definitely don't need CLIP to get them working, they're also not specific to each corner of the car. So you can swap wheels around without worrying