In need of a 250 Cup

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Muzza, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Hi all,

Just sold my E46 M3 Convertible. On the hunt for a 250 Cup with lightweight recaro's as everyone else on the planet seems to be, so i'll be hanging about on here.

I'm in no rush, as long as i have a car by April next year i'll be happy enough.

Thanks
    Ian

2. you can't have mine, i love it !

3. B'stard, i want it for a packet of cheesy wotsits too

4. Keep an eye out on the Facebook groups as they’re often for sale on there, and the recaros aren’t light they weigh a ton haha.

5. you forgot the golden rule..if you're in megane club,you never talk about megane club :smile:

6. I sold my E46 M3 convertible and bought a 250 cup. I have zero regrets.

There's plenty come up on eBay and pistonheads. I ended up not going for recaros as after trying them they're a bit big and uncomfy for me. I found the standard seats hold me better. But I did get one with the RS monitor.

Good luck with the search!

7. I'm somewhat confused about the Recaro's. there seem to be two kinds, great big leather covered things or the ones i like are like the Recaro Sportster CS's.

What's the crack here?

8. They're both CS's just either cloth or leather

But because it's a mass produced car they've gone for a size that will fit all and they're too big for me, don't offer enough support. So I decided to not bother and get some proper seats further down the line

9. These are the seats.

Seems like it may not be a cup but one with the cup chassis fitted.

Confusing all this
    20180924_181803.jpg

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

10. Yeah that's just leather trim standard seats. Looks like electric heated which is very nice!

They did cup's which are kinda basic with the LSD and better suspension, then the full fat cars with cup pack so still LSD and suspension but you get all the heated leather and fancy bits of the full fat cars.

I bought a cup cos it's a track and weekend toy - but I think buying a full fat with cup pack is by far the better choice.

11. Where are you based? A real good spec one has just come up for sale on the cliosport.net forum. Has almost every option and a few extras.

12. Advert on here to @Beau
    Thanks.

Beau likes this.
  13. If I didn't have mine already I would buy it definately!!

FatRS likes this.
  14. Beau likes this.
  15. Ah seen that one but it's got the panoramic roof and this will be turned into a track car eventually

16. Ring Renault , give them the reg which will tell you if it has the cup chassis.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

17. Thanks, i'll do that this morning

18. Dodgy b'stard.

Just phones up Renault, it has a standard chassis not the cup one.

I absolutely hate this, i have looked to view two used cars this week, this and a Clio Trophy and they have both been dodgy. The Clio had been well documented as being in a massive crash on the owners forum.

19. :worried: I'd buy from a private owner or someone on here
    I hate garages

Found mine in Hull which is like 20 minutes away, test drove it, came home and ran all the checks on it, then went back and put a deposit down, then 3rd time collected it.

Must have spent 2 hours there on the first visit, the guy was really nice and honest. Just gave me a comfortable feeling and I've learnt after 20 years to always go with my gut

Genty likes this.
  20. I'm having a bit of difficulty with my buyer, he still wants the car but needs to fly down from Scotland and can't make it until the end of October but he doesn't want to put a deposit down.....hence me going for a cheaky p/ex. I now know why he was giving me a good price.

21. If you’re using it for track to the degree you won’t consider s pan roof, you really need to buy a pure cup model. No additional trimmings to add weight.

22. I have a track car however i'm just a bit concerned that at some point in the future i will say sod it and throw coilovers, cage, light wheels, sticky tyres etc on it and bin my current track car. If i had the roof i wouldn't be able to do this. Just a bit of future planning, bit like buying a house that you can stick an extension on in the future.

FatRS likes this.
  23. Someone must have painted the front calipers on it red then. It's hard to see on the four rubbish pictures in the advert. Can't see the rear calipers. What is details of your M3?

24. Beau likes this.
  25. Very nice! Surprised it has not sold at that price and mileage. Got a soft spot for the E46 M3! I had a low mileage, mint 06 plated one a few years ago.

26. It's driving me up the wall. I have never had so many ijits contact me about a car in my life. Old M3's must attract them.

I reckon it's the wrong time of year, the offer i've accepted is a fair bit lower than that to.

I figure that i could keep it until next summer/spring and sell it easily but in that time anything could happen and then i'd be stuck with a heafty bill. The car is in tip top condition but with these m3's who knows what round the corner.

Beau likes this.
  27. It took me 3 months to sell my M3
    They aren't worth anything these days, and there's so many for sale it's a nightmare
    Also the running costs once mine went over 90k were INSANE and it puts a lot of people off

28. PM'd!

29. Replied :-)