Hii I'm new

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Luke N, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Hi I'm new, currently got a Megane 225 5 door in red, bought 2 years ago but really wish and hope to buy an r26 in white very soon, has anyone been in both cars and noticed any considerable difference

20180330_181311.jpg my car Screenshot_2018-03-05-21-52-42.png I'd like an r26 white with the r26 decals

Mikey4410 likes this.
  2. Hey hey!!!!!

3. yep..drove loads of 225s,and own a R26.
    The R26 was a definite evolution of the 225 and all the other models before it.
    The 225 doesnt have the handling polish of the R26,as well as the diff allowing you to fire it in and out
    of corners.
    If all is well with a R26`s handling..its a dream to drive at pace.

4. Thanks for that, I've been looking at others cars, the usual focus St Leon cupra vxr etc but I can't get this niggle out of my head saying get an r26, plus they look amazing, has anyone had any experience changing the abs sensor wire?

5. I've had 3 meganes:

225 cup
    225 five door
    R26

now i'm on a 250.

The step up to R26 is worth it with the diff. i felt a noticeable difference much more grip coming out of corners. Only you will know what you prefer out what you have listed.

i just love how the meganes drive i owned a scooby for a while at 320hp and couldnt wait to get back in a megane just prefer them.

6. Thanks for the reply, so with you owning 250 how does that compare the the map? Would you recommend getting a mk3 over a mk3?

7. not had my 250 a month yet, but so far i like the way it feels instantly more sporty feels like you sit lower down and is how a hot hatch should be. its hard to compare at the moment because all my meganes had different levels of tune and the 250 is completely standard but it feels really planted similar to the R26. Feels more modern and comfy.
    I cant wait to start tuning it a bit more i feel it needs more power but i'm really happy with it.

9. Probably not no. I mean you could fit them in I’ve got 2 kids but would be real hassle to keep putting the seat back and it’s not the biggest at the back. I liked the 5 door 225 I had for practically reasons with the kids but also I did a lot to that one cosmetically and mechanically the wife’s misses that car lol

10. I wasn’t bored of my R26 just wanted a 250 for a while and decided prices were at what I wanted to pay so made the jump.

If I had choice now I would still go 250 because it’s newer and mod wise you can take them further within reason.

The R26 is nice jump from the 225 but the 250 would feel like a different place to be compared to the 225 you already have.

250 cup packed ones retain all the good characteristics of the R26 handling wise if you know what I mean.

I use the wife’s scenic for ferrying the kids the 250 is my car to have fun with haha

11. Yeah my Mrs has a Citroen which she uses during the week and then we use mine for the weekend, this is going to be my main problem loosing the back doors, especially trying to explain to her that it's the rite thing to do

Can I ask about your 5 door 225 and what you had done to it, also do you have any pics? I'm looking for inspiration

Is it your self that's selling the white r26?

12. Also sorry I'm full of question, it's nice to chat with someone about cars in general, have you ever fitted wheel spacers to a megane? I've got some hub centric ones on the way at 20mm but I've also got some 10mm ones for the front which aren't hub centric and wondered how difficult they are to fit, cheers

Canky likes this.
  13. Sold the white R26 last month. (Advert on here) but can’t seem to edit it to say sold.

I did a project thread when I had my 225 5 door.

Have a look here mate some pics don’t work because of the photobucket issue but last page is how it looked when I sold it with the spec for some ideas

http://rsmegane.com/threads/megane-225-5-door-project.5437/page-3

14. I haven’t no I would probably have same questions as you though as not so clued up on spacers tbh haha so hopefully someone else can help or maybe try posting in the other section somone may be able to help there mate.

15. That's soooo weird, me been a bit of a geek I have a folder on my tablet with pictures of 3 and 5 door Meganes and it seems that I have pictures of your old car already, honestly it looked perfect for a 5 door lol, great job, how much of a difference did the remap make in the driving?

16. Haha quality probably from old google images or something.

Remap was 100% worth it. I just felt it was a great car once I had done suspension tyres brakes etc. Just needed a little bit more go. So the remap made it drive so much better gave it that bit more power it needed without going crazy on power figures.

Paul at rs tuning was impressed with the engine when he mapped it at the time he said it’s strong power for just “stage 1” basically still had cat on it and standard injectors.

17. I can't wait for more power, if I do stay with the 225 I'm gonna be getting a mid and back box chop next and then a remap most likely, bring on the fun

Canky likes this.