Your next car

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by JockySteer, Jan 22, 2015.

1. There will come a day when I move away from Renaultsport... long way off for now.

But it's always interesting to know if you were to change up, what would it be to? Personally, 987 Cayman/Boxster S (pref Black edition) is top of my list!

2. Mine will be a 911 turbo

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

With the Megane being stripped and caged later this year it is here to stay, I had planned on something like a E46 M3 or Cayman S but now it looks like I'm just going to end up with some large and Diesel for towing. Maybe a 5 series touring or some sort of 4x4. Exciting LOL

Probably end up getting a 172 when the Megane is off the road for some cheap fun mind you.

4. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Weekend car... NSX/Beetle RSI

I'll be changing my day to day car in the next month, I gotta be honest I really like the Mini Countryman... *Hides*, If not one of them then a Estate 5 Series or Jag.

I dont see me getting rid of my meg though.

5. I've just sold a mini countryman coopers SD 12 plate for £11,900 white black roof, was a cracking car

6. I really want an E90 M3 next. Although there are a few turbo cars that are coming out soon that might tempt me such as the FRS mk3 and new civic type r.

7. Have you seen the new civic? FUGLY ain't the word.

8. I have but I'm kind of hoping the one they release is more like the concept than the mule that was spotted this week

9. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Possibly going to look at a 265 Trophy.

I change my mind like I change my pants, pulled out of a deal to buy an Impreza 330S before Christmas, as it would've been too thirsty for my commute.

10. 265 trophy for me next.

11. I mean they're good, but you chaps with mk2's are you sure the 275 is worth it? Not sure that's a move I'd make personally, not sure they're THAT different.

Though I've never driven a mk2 so....

But for me nothing....if I can help or avoid the temptation. Just keeping the Meg for the foreseeable future and saving money to try and move somewhere a bit 'nicer' in the next 3-5 years.
    Really tempted by the new Mustang but it'd have to be the V8 and that just seems like it'd kill you on fuel.

12. E90 m3.. Or ideally a GTR... I'm obsessed with them... But they're expensive to run :worried:

13. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

GTRs are silly money now. I've been a few modified ones as of late at Bruntingthorpe and Blyton and i still can't get my head around how clinical and fast they are.

14. One of my neighbours has a GTR 870 BHP it's mental

15. I have a 2011 m3 competition & it's not much dearer than the meg to run. I get 21mpg round town & 27mpg on a run. The insurance is about the same. If you get one with a service pack then there is no servicing costs (mine has it until 2016). It's certainly cheaper to maintain than a gtr.
    Lee

16. I think a Audi rs3 will be my next car. Sensible and comfortable for everyday use, but capable of 450-500bhp with some minor tweets :smile:

17. Already have them, abarth 500 and my discovery.

18. elise s

19. I'd love a GT-R, but am in no position to pay for running costs and maintenance the equivalent of a 100k supercar. All well and good buying a GT-R for 35k, but I could only run it for 6 months max

20. But those 6 months would be worth it

21. Mine was going to be new civic type R but after the awful recent pics released i am looking at going german. Golf R or maybe a A or C class . Not sure how I would feel driving a Merc tho. I'd imagine it getting keyed a lot!

22. I'd like to say the V6 Exige. But after living with the Elise for 6 months and having to de-ice the inside of the windscreen along with the permanent knee pain caused by getting out it'll either be an Alfa 4C or Cayman

23. Lee a mate of mine said the exact same thing.. M3s are actually reasonable when it comes to maintenance and stuff... But the GTR... I will get there one day lol

24. I've ended up in a 350z as a middle ground to a 370z that I initially wanted. It's my first non-Renaultsport after 4 in a row.

I've never owned a proper coupe before or anything RWD for that matter so It's different enough to feel special and enjoyable. With no kids on the horizon and the nod from my wife It was now or never (well or much later on) to own a proper 2 seater coupe.

25. I wont' sell R, so it'll be upgrading Elise to an Exige S1 and changing the missus' car for a 335D, or just a TTRS and keep her current car.

26. Well my Inferno 225 is here to stay, 9 years and almost no miles means I couldn't part with it. Same with the Twingo Gordini really.

My 225 Trophy is my day to day car and I love it and certainly haven't got bored of the power (RS Tuning remapped). But of course you look at what the next options could be.

I love the look of a grey 250/265s but having had four RenaultSports over the years is it time to go for something a little different?

I need a degree of practicality but fuel economy isn't too much an issue so was considering the M cars. I love the E39 M5, menacing looking and a 5.0ltr V8 is very appealing but concerned about their age and servicing costs!

The E46 M3 is also a consideration but of that era I prefer the E60 M5 so there'll be decisions to be made haha