Your avarage mpg

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by dinn, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Can't fault mine, went to North wales for the last bank holiday weekend, did 446.8 miles to a full tank, car fully loaded sat at 70 with cruise on. Around town it will do 23.

2. Overall 27

3. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

My GT does 32-34mpg around town and I've seen 41mpg with cruise on a proper drive.

4. Just scrolled through there and mines is 24.3 and thats just daily commuting, think the last time I reset it on the motorway it was in the 40's with cruise at 70

5. 2nlwktg.jpg

I was doing my best.

6. I average around 25 in my 225 (however my boot is always full and back seats also have camping gear on them, due to lack of storage space).

When it's not overloaded I generally see around 40, with cruise on, at 70mph. However I once did Cheltenham to Wigan (140 ish miles) with cruise at 56mph and saw 50mpg. At 56 in 6th gear it is at its most efficient, plus the turbo is still pretty much asleep haha.

7. 25mpg commuting to work, had it up to 32.6mpg on a 60-70mph motorway journey

8. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

42.6 at the minute, normally driven quite carefully though. Don't get my foot down too often, rises to mid 40s on a motorway run.

9. about the same as Gavin around town and 46mpg when I use the motorways,. The Last long run to wales was 54mpg

10. I had similar figures on my Laguna mk3 2.0 dCi 150. Nice engine that 2.0 dCi from Renault-Nissan.

11. Cal

Cal

I average around 24mpg knocking round outer London on mostly short journeys, can't complain at that really.

A motorway cruise at 78 will return 33mpg if I can actually stick to that for a sensible period of time. Again I can't complain about that.

(From tank to tank calculations - not the trip).

12. Usually on the way to work (24 miles mainly on backroads) I will average 32-34mpg and that includes the odd overtake. On motorways, it'll average around 26-29mpg, so overall the economy is pretty decent.

13. Rapper

Rapper Banned

Different cars have different average mpg,its also depends upon the condition of the car,specs of the cars,age of the car and also on its service,if your car i brand new so it average in very well and meet your requirement of mpg but if its engine is not in a well condition so its mpg also decrease.

14. On a 500 mile trip to Manchester and back I had it up to 38.2mpg on the way up, the return journey it dropped to 34.2mpg

15. Cal

Cal

Isn't that the wrong way round?

Unless you cruise at really silly speeds.

16. This was on my way back from Whitby, less than 1/4 of a tank and 148 miles.

a2umanur.jpg

17. Is it 175?

18. 225 running around 270 bhp chap, the car is proper efficient.

19. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Driving like a pussy :wink: hehe

They do well on a run if your sensible with your right foot...

My r26 @ 300bhp averaged 41mpg on a 350 mile journey, mostly cruise control, 70-80mph.

20. But are you on 660 injectors. If so the mileage on the display will be slightly out.

Just out of interest my m3 averages 20mpg around town & 27mpg on a motorway. That's not bad for a v8.....
    lee

21. I can't help the odd burst every so often unfortunately. Definitely not silly speeds though

22. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

On a recent 680 mile round trip (Derbyshire - Cornwall - Derbyshire) I averaged 41.0mpg cruising between 70-80mph all the way.That was worked out 'on paper' not with the dash read out.

Megane r26, 300hp. So even the tuned cars are still good if driven sensible :smile:

23. 24mpg on road 9mpg on track

24. You drive like a bitch, your getting old...

25. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

LOL! - old, boring, poor home owner now #livingthedream :wink:

26. Since mine was done, my MPG has been unaffected too :smile:

27. Average about 8L/100KM = ~ 29MPG.

75KM round trip motorway driving 5 days a week to/from work.

Noticed a bit less now tho since moving to silicon hoses under the hood!

Got the 225 after a heavy bike accident the year before so don't really have that heavy foot much.