Your avarage mpg

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by dinn, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

I know RS is not car to save money on fuel, however what is your average mpg? :wink:

2. Going around a town I achieve about 23-24 mpg, on a motorway (at about 80 mph) 28-29 mpg, and traveling A/B roads about 33-34 mpg.

My best so far is 34,6 mpg going around Devon with quite calm pace.

3. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

At the mo about 31 but thats had a couple long motorway journeys. Normal town and 2 mile work journey its 27ish

4. 25ish

Still better than the 200 as that did 21 ^_^

5. 27mpg average, first drive over 25miles on a,b and some town roads I got 43.6 mpg I was amazed never got near that since even sitting at 65 on the motorway for 15miles. Have seen very low teens reset before set off warmed up good blast and cool down around 30miles

6. 27 average can get mid thirtys on a roads if I'm being sensible

7. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

GT does 30-32mpg around town and around 36-38mpg on a steady run

8. About 31mpg long term average of my wife's sedate driving and me caning it at the weekend.

9. Just done a long trip from cumbria down to Stevenage and back over the long weekend! Averaged at 34.8mpg round trip of around 600 miles.
    Normally get around 30mpg.

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine sits at 15-20mpg.

Will do 40mpg on a motorway run though

11. Avg since purchase is 31.8 mpg

Avg over the last 6000 miles is 30

Avg to RST and back however was 43 :wink:

12. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

24mpg, because 300bhp.

13. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

22-27, 34 motorway :smile:

14. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

29mpg blasting round B roads
    36mpg on motorways

15. :cool:

16. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Mine must be running poor... seeing as we are the same engine spec / power! I never see 36mpg ha

17. Average 34 mpg mainly motorways at the moment though!

18. Average 37 and best average is 39.5 running stage 2. Lol I do drive like a snail.

19. I'm averaging 21-24 round town (running decat tho) and between 30-35 mpg on a run to the Coast etc. Can't complain really it's better than my fiesta st I had before

20. Loads better than my focus st as well, only got 13-18 round town and 23 on a run.

Only had the trophy 3 months now but am getting 24-27 round town with 34 on a run.

21. Mine averages around 29mpg overall.

Usually goes mid 30s on a motorway run and mid 20s round town.

I'd go so far as to say my 225 Trophy (which is re-mapped) does better MPG than my old cammed Clio 172 did round town.

22. Over the past 4/5 months I have a reading of 23.7mpg

23. I don't know what I do 'on a run' or around town as I never bother resetting the average mpg, but the dashes usually read on my cars:

Meg 225 - 33.8 mpg
    Meg 265 - 32.0 mpg
    Clio 172 - 41 mpg :wink:

24. 16ish

Clearly I'm doing this MPG thing lol.

I do get 700 miles to 51l in my Clio though.

25. I get 28mpg driving like a Grandad to work on an Urban stop start route.
    In the Mortorway at 75mph i get about 38-39mpg.

26. Clearly you are driving your 265 wrong!! Lol

27. My average is around 27-29 as a lot of my trips are quite short (to and from the gym, shops ect).

On a long run I can manage 35mpg (from Cardiff to Nottingham I did this quite easily at 70 the whole way).

Back and for to my old job I managed 34mpg in traffic if I was careful, though 30-32mpg was more realistic for the run on a normal day.

28. 26-28mpg on the work commute stop start

29. Keeping three RenaultSports maintained is it any wonder I can't afford the petrol to drive em!

30. To RS Tuning and back 33mpg, around town etc nearer 28mpg, stage 1 remap made no noticeable MPG effect, but the additional 55bhp certainly makes it more tempting to drive harder

31. Has anybody replaced or cleaned the throttle body and noticed an improvement in the economy?

I ask as I had the Brichdown lads check mine due to a none starting/no throttle issue I had. They very quickly checked it and cleaned it after which the economy went up from 30mpg to high 30's, even 40. After a week or so this gradually dropped back to 30.

I can't explain why this happened exactly but I did have a error code for weak throttle return spring, and given the 30% MPG improvement, it wouldn't take long to recoup the cost of a new throttle body. Possibly the throttle isn't closing properly and this consumes excess fuel? There does seem to be a few in here that can get 40ish MPG and then others like me who struggle to get 30 no matter how they drive.

32. I can get 40+ on a gentle run with cruise control etc - thats in lee's old car which is running 300+/330+ . Town driving sees low 20s and I imagine it hits single figures when you really try

33. I'm averaging 17.8 at the moment in the Jaguar, best I've seen is 22 after a motorway run! Averaged around 23.5 in the Meg's. Almost all of my driving is A/B roads, rarely a motorway.

34. Averaging 30 since I had new injectors fitted, before that it was 28. I could never get more than 26/27 out of my old 225 though doing exactly the same journey to work. Maybe the 5 door was heavier.

I'd be mightily surprised if anyone can manage 40 from regular driving. I managed it once, but that was resetting the trip and staying at 55-60mph on the the motorway for 100 miles. As soon as I came off the motorway it started dropping.

35. Ive average 27.6 since I got the car 4 months ago. Mainly stop start driving to work and gym .. all short journeys.

36. Best I've had here in Australia was 32.2mpg driving from Melbourne to Adelaide and most other 250 owners have never been able to achieve that in Australia.

37. PAJ

PAJ

I've got an RS250 and have tracked my fuel economy on "fuelly.com" (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/paj/megane) for approaching 10,000 miles. My overall average is 31.6mpg. But in the last month or so I've switched to only using super unleaded (from Sainsburys) - it's a little more expensive (about 5p a litre more than normal unleaded) but I've noticed a HUGE improvement in my economy. I got a whopping 37.2mpg from my last tank and 34.9mpg the tank before that. I admit that these two tanks included 2 long trips (250+ miles each) where I took it very steady (70mph on the motorways) and the roads were quiet so there was little slowing or accelerating, and I really was trying to achieve decent mpg figures. I now know that it CAN be done, but whether I can carry on driving like a nun like this remains to be seen.

38. Mine is savage.

25MPG on a recent trip of a few hundred miles. Mixture of A roads and motorway, sitting at 90.

My old Focus ST would do 30+ in a similar situation.

I'm guessing being tuned doesn't help, but crikey - much worse than I thought.

39. Mine went as high as 37mpg on a trip to Stansted via the A507.
    it dropped pretty quickly when I got the other side of Baldock where the road or more fun.

40. I did a trip back from near Bristol to Surrey so about 120 miles.

Set the cruise control to 66mph as the M4 was fairly busy and not going too quick anyway.

Managed 41.5mpg all the way.