R26 YET ANOTHER CLUTCH QUESTION !!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by John R26, Feb 7, 2021.

1. I can purchase from a friend who has a Valeo 845048 kit for a good price... it is DMF to SMF and includes clutch plate, clutch and flywheel.... its for a Meg 1.9 DCI.
    I dont want to get stuck with something that doesnt fit my R26...thus my question is..... is the only item i require to make this fit my car is a SMF? Or is the above kit a straight fit to my car....confused ? [ i know i need the slave too ]

Cheers for any tips

2. I believe the 1.9dci clutch kit is the same as the r26r one.

3. Thx for that however i was aware of that 1.9dci= r26r setup but need to know if the Valeo kit named above can be used on my r26 and why it can/can't be.

4. Have you checked on Valeo website to see part number to OEM number then you can double check with Catcar.info

5. I will give that a try but with all the trickery going on with part numbers i simply dont trust them......R26r part numbers are different from the DCI yet the same part and so on. Simply better to ask someone on here that has experience with the Valeo kit. Cheers for the tip.

6. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

An R26r clutch doesn’t fit with an R26 flywheel and vice versa. If the kit comes as a clutch and flywheel it should be fine.

I have an R26r clutch and R26r SMF flywheel on my R26.

7. Thanks Tim.......great help !! cheers

TimR26 likes this.
  8. A very big and absolute NO!!

the trigger angle on the flywheel is way off for the petrol engine. Hope you haven’t bought and/or fitted it yet