Yet another "check injectors" thread!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by adamsparker85, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

When driving home last night I noticed some odd behaviour for the Megane, each time I whipped the clutch up to change gear the revs climbed slightly (sat at about 3k each time)

Shortly after that I got the check injectors light come up on the dash.

Now I know the best thing to is get it plugged in to find out which codes its throwing out, but the symptoms are ever so slightly different from those that I have read with this error.

So now when I start it up, it idles very high. 3-3500rpm and the message still appears.

It didn't seem like limp mode engaged on my drive home, but I haven't driven it since so can't be sure.

Any ideas? Or is it just best to get it to the garage?

2. I'd be looking for an air leak personally

3. Is your throttle limited or your speed limited to about 50mph?

If you floor the throttle, does it only rev to 3-4k?

4. Air leak for sure, can anyone tell me what this is under the cable tie? 6d3f4ca0dea93ea8d159a45353dc6f01.jpg

5. Fuel vapour recirculation pipe.

£50 from Renault!

6. Yup thats the problem mate, I had the exact same thing happen to me when I tried to take my duml valve off I snapped it clean off, think I paid £44 from my local Renault dealership

7. Nice one, thanks for your help fellas. Will let you know when alls sorted. So glad it wasn't a costly problem!

8. mine had this too when fitting the dump valve. I hated paying £48 for a flimsy piece of plastic but it felt so much better when changed