Yellow RS250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by -Jamie-, Jul 23, 2013.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Gonna get some sort of brackets for the reservoirs eventually

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

So car had its belts etc done today, slightly earlier than they should of been but wanted to rule out the water pump or anything else that could contribute to the coolant temperature issues it's had since it came back from cage.

Had another new stat and coolant temp sensor as well but unfortunately no change. On the upside I know it has nothing to do with water pump etc failing.

New radiator is next on the list, will have to wait til afyer my trip to EFI and Donington though

3. what sort of temps are you seeing then?
    Isnt the standard radiator a floored design where both in and out are on the same side? Meaning could technically bypass the rad.

4. Jamie, these are the pics I was looking for, finally got my arse in gear and sorted out the scoops and ducting you recommended. I have them here with me and will try to get it all fitted before Thruxton this month. does the front bumper have to come off to fit it? how did you secure the scoops to the back of the bumper, I notice you have fitted the scoops just below the lower led lights, is that the best place? or would you choose somewhere different if doing again? can I get round the bottle or will I need to source a smaller water bottle? anything else I need to know before letting loose with a saw and hammer?

5. Interested aswell! Could use some better brake cooling on track with the estate!

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I have bonded the ducts onto the bumper so they are attached, under the DRL was the best place imo but I've seen people do them above and more to the centre

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Smaller bottle if needed though, the later mega have a smaller one and it's the same one as used in clios etc, sure I put a link or part number somewhere but I'll try dig it out

8. What diameter duct did you use?

9. I got 51 internal as that is the size on the scoop

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Let's see how this goes 24dc9931aba4430295e3e6045ec8d361.jpg

MartijnGizmo and Leigh like this.
  11. He will work his magic for sure, see you tonight.
    Ohh and give my best to Chris :laughing::laughing:

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Will do haha, base run on old map wasn't great

13. What numbers were you running, were they low as you've added bits to it since the last map

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nothings changed since it was mapped before in terms of setup.

15. That 106 though! [emoji7]

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Wasn't really sure what to expect from my session at EFI today, cars definitely not had the pace the old numbers suggested it should have.

Over 4 hours of tuning by Chris and more dyno pulls than I can remember finally settled on these. Torque was kept sensible to prolong clutch etc but we did get it upto 390lbsft before winding it back in.

Can't recommend Chris enough either, such a nice genuine guy that's very attentive and keeps you updated on what he's doing, not to mention how picky and fussy he is. Don't think I would ever go anywhere else from now on.

Made 324/364 before and 364/362 after and that's on a dyno that's pretty pessimistic.

Top end has seen huge gains, 40bhp and torque holds on longer before dropping. Cars faster by a considerable amount, drives so much nicer, comes on boost a hell of a lot better and just goes right. Turbos pretty much maxxed out now.

Properly happy!

Donington tomorrow to properly test it out. c4946ed32db4496fa71fd51fb9f82765.jpg 5cd5742526187055f45c15eca3f4231c.jpg

Genty, MartijnGizmo, Leigh and 6 others like this.
  17. Those before and after graphs says it all, must feel great to drive. Chris really knows his stuff

18. That's some considerable improvement. A lot smoother start to finish. Cheaper than other rs tuners and a better job

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I dont want to sound like a fanboy or anything lol, But Chris is one of the nicest and genuine guys ive came across in the car scene. I now know why he is held in such high regard.

Can't recommend him enough!

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

So, Donington hasn't went to plan. Suspect the slave cylinder has died resulting in no clutch 41a035ab96813f0a53f6a8c7bb8cafe5.jpg

21. Sorry to hear you've had issues Jamie. Would love to go in this car, should imagine it goes well!

22. Thats not good mate, if it was not for bad luck recently you'd have no luck at all. Hopefully you can get a fix quick soon enough.

23. that is a bugger, that happened to me and I ended up doing a trackday in 3rd, a real pain especially as you have travelled so far and the car is ready for a good testing...
    Its not Ian passing on his bad luck to you is it? ;-)

24. I really hope not. had a good day in mine though, even though it got hit last night when we went for the curry, thought its still going on but now with this car :sob::sob:

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Managed 15 laps if that including the sighting ones.

No clutch and brakes have a horrendous judder and pull. Managed to get out after lunch for a few laps on the road wheels as I wanted some photos lol. Car has enough go about it to manage the whole of donny in 4th, other than having to lift off halfway down each straight instead of bouncing off limiter.

New clutch and slave on order, ill grab some new discs as e and hopefully be all good. Simple fixes just a pain in terms of the slave

frankie robertson likes this.
  26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Proof it did get out briefly [emoji23] 4296bb87cefff9f0b7d5a716c1eda9d8.jpg eb2856bdeb087029f8039d4d69f6d6a4.jpg

27. yer motor seems to be fucked a lot ay the time jamie :worried: ?

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just this year [emoji23][emoji23]

125k though

29. So with the short stint you had out in it, how did it feel. Could you notice a difference after the map

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's like coming from a stock Megane, night and day difference. Didn't really get to stretch its legs properly. But even in 4th from low down it just goes. Feels like 3rd

DOOOOK likes this.
  31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

6 years to the day that I collected the Megane, it's changed somewhat. Don't think I'll ever get rid now.

Anyone else owned theirs for a decent amount of time? e0277b50ffa7f9f048955b02b18ba8b3.jpg fb31abf4fd4ca375e8eda4b282f4cbc5.jpg 60264ef3741d3879216e9d711ee5fb59.jpg

32. Only 8 months for me so far but planning to keep it a lot longer, don't know whether I'll get 6 years like you but who knows!

33. Still looking good though mate, I thought the same about my inferno, hope this 265 serves me better

-Jamie- likes this.
  34. Local incompetent Renault dealer when we finally spoke wanted 59 quid and offered 10% discount when pushed. So ordered genuine item off eBay for 35 quid plus 5 postage. I will take pics of the job when I do it and post on here as I know a few others thinking of doing the same thing.

Jamie one question what did you use to bond the funnel thing to the front bumper?

35. I have had my white 250 FF cup w leather recaros for over 5yrs. Rs tuning decat, Rs tuning map (305), H&R lowering springs. Weekend car only but every time I drive it, it gives me a buzz more than any other car I have had. Next closest was my lightly modded 106 Gti. I think my Megane is definitely a keeper. Mega machines.

36. Jamie did you have this at Knockhill at the CSOC track night at the start of May ?
    I had my 197 up for that one after breaking my Impreza that I use in Class A of SLS. The Clio was so slow I sold it a week later, that was its one and only time on track since I bought it lol.
    I assume you know that if you compete in the car you will have to enclose the remote canisters for the dampers they cannot be left just strapped to the cage, new ruling dictates they have to be fully enclosed.

37. What width are you running ?
    If you are going to do SLS you need to consider the fact that in the final you need to get heat into the tyres. In the Impreza I used a 245 R888 but had a set of 225 soft compound R888's for the final although narrower I found the compound and faster heating capability worked very well for the final.

38. had mine for 6 1/2 years bought new, just done 100,000 km and still going strong.

Attached Files:

Cazper likes this.
  39. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah im aware RE the canisters needing to be enclosed, I'll move them to the wheel well in that case. Never managed any of the CSOC nights as I had issues with delays for cage building then a couple other issues, same reasonings I never managed any SLS this year.

In two minds what to do next season now tbf, the plan was to do the full season and chase races but I honestly don't think I'd enjoy SLS as much as I do actual track days, and competition will limit my away TDs, KH is a great circuit don't get me wrong, but I've done days there for like 9 years now and it doesn't have the same attraction that it used to. Especially as the Meganes are more suited to fast circuits and corners, which Knocky doesn't really have

40. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Sold the OZ and have bought another set of 17x9's.

Away getting machined and refurb'd this week, Just sticking some 235 PS4's on them as they will be a lot nicer for the road instead of the 255 fronts. Should be on the car next week.

Also have a set of black Xenons to go on the car, The one option i wish i had waited for when i bought the thing

Raptor6767 likes this.