Yellow RS250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by -Jamie-, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Great thread. Awesome feature on Jamie fyd's channel.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Cheers Paul, review was so so. Shite location to properly show it off haha

3. Was you not to impressed with the review?.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I watched half of it and that was it LOL, I think it would of been a lot better done in a different location, Instead of a piece of Dualler with roadworks

5. Only half.lol. Was nice to see somebody off here featured. Have you had any issues with the DEPO black insert headlights you installed?

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nope no issues at all, 3 years on and they still work fine

7. Don't suppose you have a link to them, I know it's been years since you brought them.lol.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I don't I'm afraid, I got them off eBay though when they were like 120 a pair IIRC

9. Do you not fancy a 700hp build. seen it on gt performance. Think chorba motorsport had built it. Makes a hybrid 360 seem tiny

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No, For two reasons.

One, I don't have 15k or so to drop on and engine build and turbo/fuel setup, secondly, I like drivability.

Most likely be going for an EFR 6758 next winter, Got a couple things in the pipeline for it. 4-450 is the goal on a stock lump

11. Shame to hide that turbo away, that sort of power will be eating supercars on your track days.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If i knew what i did now about hybrid, I would of went straight to the larger frame turbo tbh, Instead of wasting money trying to use a small, outdated turbo like the TD04 is

trickmansa likes this.
  13. 400-450 would be awesome to see

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

To be fair, They don't need that much power to be quick, but when you own one for so long you get a bit bored/used to the power you have, Just a shame it isn't as easy as turning the boost up on the current turbo

15. I think there pretty quick standard. I can understand you getting used to it, I have to say yours sounded impressive. 400-450 would be some serious power, wouldn't it have to be forged?. Can imagine it would be quite expensive.

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Going to run it on a stock lump as I believe they are a lot stronger than people think providing you have it mapped properly and are sensible with torque and boost pressure, time will tell but I'd rather run a stock lump at slightly lower figures than a forged engine for various reasons.

MilosB likes this.
  17. Stock engine, 1c8e2d3af739b9836482722dc681e6dd.jpg c56201ffb4f557b37b99f6ac06ccbfb5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I know this, Artuur will be the one tuning it for me most likely, along with whatever kit he builds to allow EFR on stock manifold.

StephRS likes this.
  19. I'm surprised 450hp was possible on a stock engine. I can't see long longevity on standard internals. Where's the extra power coming from over a hybrid which is what, around 360hp. 90hp from a better turbo.

20. Exactly, from a better turbo...

21. @tutuur

Where did you find the ev14 875ccm injectors?

22. They’re available online. Although to be honest they seem to perform less than i had hoped. Might give the siemens a try in the future

23. I have 875 deka injectors.No problem with them but wanted to know how this ev14 injectors work as on paper they should have finer spray and by that better atomization.

24. That’s what i thought aswell. Plus they have the correct style with the extended tip. But to be honest, availability is poor, at idle it does cough a bit but other then that they do their job just fine

25. sph

sph

Jamie, what size are the brake ducts and hose you used ? I can't find any slim ducts like that, can you share a link or supplier ?

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I cant remember off the top of my head, They are not massive though and i may looking and trying to get a larger duct/hose.

IIRC it was 52mm Ducting and the actual ducts were 190mm long but i trimmed them to fit a bit better so i dont think the overall length of them matters too much, as long as the hose fits it.

27. sph

sph

Cool thanks, I could only find wider ones but will keep looking. Is there room for a bigger duct ? I haven't pulled my bumper off to measure yet but it looks pretty tight

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not unless you moved the washer bottle completely, Even with the smaller one it is very tight for space to get the ducting through

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The 190x45mm ones look very similar to what i bought, If you have a 250 you will also need to relocate the DRL ballast as it gets in the way

30. sph

sph

bobsan, thanks good link there. I have just started looking locally (Aus) but can't find any so good to know they are there.
    Jamie, thanks for the info re the ballast, will have a good look when i get it all apart but you've given me a good start

31. i was going to ask about the ducts you used so thanks for the link, that will be my next job i think....get more air on the brakes as they do tend to get a bit hot

32. where did you move your water bottle to? do you think there is room for a smaller one in there to allow for the ducting?

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I just got the smaller one off the later Meganes as the stock 250 is too big and theres literally no space to fit ducting. I may eventually relocate it completely or get an even smaller one

34. well if you do relocate it then put the info on here or the part number of a suitable small bottle as i suspect the ducting mod is something a few people will be looking to do...myself included

35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

289103155R for the bottle with pump that is on the later Meganes and is smaller. The one i have only has one pump outlet for windscreen washers so you lose rear and headlight washers, No biggie really but worth noting. You could probably get a different pump or swap the old one out if you wanted to keep the others i guess

36. i have a headlight and rear wiper delete....however i do have water that is squirted onto the intercooler so need to see what bottle is supplying that haha....thanks for the info will look into that as one of my next projects

37. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah thats about it, I think i have a photo somewhere showing the differences

38. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

This has been away since the start of the month for some Cage fab work. Full custom bolt in to my spec, Fully MSA approved. just the rear section being done at this moment, Front to follow later in the year but the rear is having double X bars, Harness bars plus lateral braces, fairly comprehensive. Plus the stock seat rails have been removed and ive had proper bars welded in so i can bolt the seat direct to the floor and run it as low as physically possible

Expected back after Easter just in time for a session at Knockhill in preparations for Super Lap Scotland this season.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    MartijnGizmo and massivewangers like this.