Yellow RS250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by -Jamie-, Jul 23, 2013.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nah 9js fit in the rear no issues.

Id like to try source another set of Superleggeras, even if they are staggered again but means I could have a full set of 9s and a full set of 8s

2. Good logic on being able to drive the car first. I have done/am doing the same mods as your first lot, albeit 3 years later haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Paul21, Muxa, Jonny157 and 5 others like this.
  4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Clean c25e84446a44c20c0ab51a2f84433985.jpg
    08e8fdd019920be7feb354ae0e4ad399.jpg
    05f9cc668b093fb74ea57083d9639cc2.jpg
    a796716c2fff5cdab30af75a736b89e2.jpg

massivewangers likes this.
  5. Love the new wheels Jamie.

-Jamie- likes this.
  6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

odinson likes this.
  7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

17a8c07175d13b69cde47d8aacdc27ab.jpg

Track wheels, juat need to decide what tyres to run now

Nigelo likes this.
  8. Are those 1.3s?

I've always found TD wheels heavy but strong, on my Cayman race car we'd bend an Oz wheel every weekend.

If they are dedicated track wheels why not run R888Rs?

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

1.2s, lighter than the 1.3s but only an 8j, will do for now though.

DZ03s are my normal go to tyre but I fancy trying either some AR1s or the new MRF tyres when they show up in 18s

10. Looks excellent Jamie, didn't realise you'd done so much work on it!

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Aye it's changed quite a bit now LOL

Sometimes wish I had got rid for something M with similar mods a year or two back when it was still closer to stock

12. Hi Jamie. What height/neg camber is the car set at? Do you run a spacer on your driveshaft? Cheers

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Low and currently - 2.5 degrees. I've ran a spacer on my shaft for ages. I'd say it's maybe a bit too low

14. What like an M3 you mean? I drive mine to work everyday and whilst I'd love an E90 M they drink fuel. The Megane is good as it's a beast but actually rather economical as a practical car!

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yup, E46 with the right mods isn't that expensive and will be quicker or go full blown M3 and E92 which is massively quicker providing you can pedal

16. This sound a bit snobby but I've gone off e46's a bit, as now they're affordable all the pikey chavs have started driving them. One thing that's awesome about the Meg RS's is they're very unique and you hardly see them on the road. When I do I'm always impressed with how much presence they have. Even though I'm in one I forget how fat they look coming towards you!

17. I have nankang AR-1 and love them.

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I spoke to a guy that ran them on a clip and didn't rate them that well for trackdays but said they would work well for sprints as they are "on " from cold and don't need much heat to work but they don't last that well and go off.

Still undecided, they are cheap but I don't want something that isnt upto the job

19. I usually book an hour tracktime on a very demanding track (circuit zolder, Belgium) so I don't have any experience with a full trackday. I will be at Spa the whole day this monday so i'll found out [emoji4] they need some heat to work though.. It seems like they don't wear at All. They have done 6 hours on Zolder so far and plenty of thread left. The stock pilot sport 2 didn't last 2 hours [emoji4]

20. Demon tweeks have a offer on, on 2016 stock. £95+vat

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The 2017 ones are a different compound but aye that's around the going rate for the.

22. Well others in the same size were more £140+vat.

23. Jamie, I was reading on another thread that you run an Injen CAI and recirc blank, is that right? Do you have any pics? After less than two weeks with the Meg, I've decided it sounds pansy :tearsofjoy:

Mid box delete is on the cards, but wondering about something to get a bit more noise on the intake side. Do you have any good vids that demonstrate the noise of yours? I've wondered about the recirc blank, but don't want to do it if it's going to cause turbo problems or warning lights etc. I saw a vid of one with a cone filter and you could hear the recirc valve a lot, which I didn't like, as it essentially sounded like an atmospheric dump valve. Not into that at all, but a bit of chatter is more than acceptable.

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah i do, Erm not sure if i have any pics of the engine bay, You cant really see much anyway as the Injen kit puts the cone down into the arch, Ill be getting rid of it this year to go custom intake when i relocate battery to cabin as well anyway.

Ive got one video that shows the chatter, Some of my other youtube videos might help as well but its hard to hear anything other than exhaust with no interior tbf

Lewis and massivewangers like this.
  25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Think that video will be with stock boost as well, Its a fair bit louder now with Hybrid and more boost but i really couldn't tell you how loud it is as i cant really hear much else in the cabin these days LOL.

Ill need to get a decent outside video at some point

26. Thanks Jamie. Interesting. Mine is obviously all stock so I guess it will be quieter than yours is now. I think the first step is the mid box delete.

Have you heard of any negatives to running the recirculation blank on the Meg? It seems to cause a bit of controversy about the pluses and minuses on other forums!

27. Sounds pretty naughty jamie, plenty of bangs there! I'd like to maybe get a decat on mine at some point. Where to draw the line. I ordered a CAE today! [emoji51]

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nope, Ive ran a blanking plate on my stock turbo and that done 75k and had no play in it at all and now for over 20k on the Hybrid

Haha, Nice Lewis, I still maintain they are a waste of money though LOL

29. Don't say that lol! Have you got one?[emoji848] if it enhances the driving experience and makes it more fun then that's all I'm after. Tyres and brakes are all I'm gonna do.

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've had mine for about a year now, looks shiny but it honestly doesn't make any difference to shift speed really, ifanything I could shift quicker with the oem one LOL. Aye it feels better but that's about it.

Money can be spent on far more effective mods tbh but on the upside you won't loose much money on them seeing ad the cost of them has went up quite a bit with the pound being so weak.

31. Thanks for the info Jamie, something I might well look into. A bit more noise would be nice!

32. Well yea it's the feel I'm after. Standard shifter feels a bit gash and it's low AF to reach too. As long as it makes the car more fun to drive that's good with me. Will do the other more meaningful mods soon, brakes etc.

I love my Ohlins but it perturbs me how high the car sits on them. Don't want it uber low just not on air bags lol! Did look at nitrons but they're very expensive.

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Keep and eye out on Jamie FYDs YouTube channel for a video in the coming weeks [emoji87]

P13H34D and Jimbob 2705 like this.
  34. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Went to KH, car went well other than some fairly serious brake problems.

Need to tweak the setup a bit more but for what's essentially an out the box setup it's bloody superb! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

StephRS and Nigelo like this.
  35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Paul21, R3LMV and StephRS like this.
  36. Nice pics!

37. What springs rates are you running on the AST’s? Received mine last week and will be fitting in the next few weeks.

38. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

450 all round but shall be going for 600 up front and seeing how that goes