Yellow RS250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by -Jamie-, Jul 23, 2013.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Must of been BMW prices then cause you can get them done for 600 quid with lifetime warranty [emoji23]

If you do your research and got to the right places part costs rewlly ain't that stupid. The stupid part is people happy to go along and pay the stupid M tax that some people think they can slap on parts and services for them but you can pretty much always get it done for a lot less.

As for fuel consumption, My Megane was easy sub 10mpg on track, M3 has twice the capacity and cylinders so break it down that way and its not so bad. Will do 25 on a run as well [emoji2369]

Yeah, they ain't the fastest things in the world but if I wanted outright speed I'd of bought something else. As an all round package that's got some serious enjoyment to drive then they are hard to beat

rockabilly likes this.
  2. good pionts mate. my mate cant even change spark plugs so hes always going to pay big money.

-Jamie- likes this.
  3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying for jobs etc but when you can get the exact same part/job done for a fraction of the cost without M tax why wouldn't you

rockabilly likes this.
  4. quick one jamie while your on. my 10 plate has the old style rs monitor. can i just change the dash screen for the later or not? i know you did something similar

manugtt likes this.
  5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I had the same one as well, think StageX can change and upgrade it to the later versions

6. so just buy a new screen and contact them

is stage x a company sorry

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah they do retrofits of the monitors etc, not sure what's involved in the newer ones

. They were in FB, not sure if they have a website

8. yes rang them bout 800 in vat full install. not bad id say considering whats involved. would probably see if i could sell my old stuff too

9. Maybe a M2 competition will be within reach in a few years.my mate has one with10k of options thrown in including the uprated 6 pot brakes.its so fast.i was out in the Megan's the other day.he was coming the other way.he had time to stop,turn round,and still managed to catch me over a few miles.best modern M car for a all round package

-Jamie- likes this.
  10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah they have some serious pace out the factory

Remap gets them up to mad numbers very easily as well, Perfect size also but crazy that they are about the same size as the E46 was

11. balanced as well..my mates was the fastest car of the day at the last track day he went to..He drives like a loon though...he had big chunks missing from his PS Cups from the sidewalls.It definatly needs the M sport brake upgrade.Standard brakes are typical BMW M car weak.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah they are a good leap from previous generations though, decent pads and fluid and they are still very capable

13. bovington said he could fade the brakes after 1 hot lap of anglesey.The brakes on my mates are epic...
    He was very lucky to get the car at the end of the sales month,and they wanted to shift it..so it had all the goodies for standard price.Like you say though..could be as simple as good fluid and pads...works for the megane!

-Jamie- likes this.
  14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The upgrade BBK seems very hit or miss as well on them, know a lot of guys suffering from serious pad knockback on them on the road and track
    track, sure Harris may of mentioned it in a video as well

andrewjeffs likes this.
  15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Had itchy lockdown boredom feet and almost got rid of this for a big power Megane, then I watched some videos back and remembered I had more fun in one wet Trackday in the E92 than I probably had ever in the Megane [emoji28]

Swapped the GTS wing for a larger GT4 one, have some decats to fit and I'll have a tune. Should see 30-40hp with that.

Also have a Carbon Plenum on order, Due in a few weeks time. No performance gains just intake noise similar to that of the CSL airboxes.

Have a list of bits to be done Inc what will essentially be the small Schirmer Kinematics kit. 8e2917d2280490dbca5305a8bd258d9d.jpg a55f745681da9fba52cb29825a2928fb.jpg c27ed9b42f672688c07acb7aa757b36b.jpg 2ecf05620e8a199a84b2a7725b42cedd.jpg 4a75f4366316130bf357b3d9948e9a99.jpg d04faaff40db0d73d388d3756f8959f0.jpg 47afd54a36d75963fac14cec30330260.jpg

adamr, Lopes3d, bobsan and 3 others like this.
  16. I know you might hate me for this but I have a feeling that in the near future you will miss the megane again and you will want to get rid of the BMW. :smile: .. its like with Alfa Romeo’s. Once you taste them, its never goes away , despite all the negative stuff, although the bimmer looks stunning. I’m not a massive fan of the wing, but it still looks very very aggressive. I was looking into E 90 M3 sedan6-speed manual...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. he'll be back in a Megane, might be another year or two but it will happen :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mish View likes this.
  18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Doubt it now, While looking at the big power one I was also looking at M2, Cayman S and a few other things [emoji23]

Maybe if I have to go to a one car do all, But I doubt I'd have another fwd hatch as a toy [emoji23]

I'm sure once I do a few more bits once work is open again I won't even look at a Megane ever again lol

E92 was a realistic dream car for ages, 997 GT3s have escaped me now with their values these days and the M3 feels proper special, something the Megane never had

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  19. M2's are nice, but in a way too modern, too common, too mainstream, and a bit too expensive.
    Cayman S .... Not my cup of tea really...
    997 - im seeing some adverts in Germany for around 60k, which is a loot... but the GT3 is also a lot of a car
    would you consider a Giulia QV...ferrari v6, bi-turbo, rwd, manual gears.... like an modern combo between RS6/e39M5,C63amg..... here on mainland ... between 40-60k

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'd have a Giula over an F80 M3, if they were a bit more reliable [emoji1787]

Far better looking car but the F8x is a seriously quick car and there's a lot more aftermarket support for them

Mish View likes this.
  21. at your age only one way go....
    yaris.jpg

22. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Few mates have these on order, Coming from S3 Exiges etc. Look forward to seeing how they get on with them on track.

Mish View and bobsan like this.
  23. Oh mother! Exige, the girlfriend that I´ll never have...:weary::weary::weary:

24. I will honestly imagine that an Exige will demolish the cute small yaris, ... but the price difference will demolish my wallet as well, so the yaris will be def. a future classic in 15 years .....

manugtt likes this.
  25. still think a Civic type R will be faster for similar money..

26. What’s the reason for going from Exige etc to Yaris?

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's not all about speed though is it? I wouldn't be buying a tintop if I wanted outright pace lol

@Stock265cup it's a fun car [emoji2373] he test drove one and ordered one there and then.

So many get too hung up on what's faster lol, I'd rather be in something slower, like an E92 but be having way more fun driving it [emoji23]

Mish View likes this.
  28. Nice, hopefully more cars like the Yaris come out.

Mish View likes this.
  29. Might well happen now they know theres still a market for the old school homologation specials.I doubt if even Toyota imagined how well the Yaris would be received

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Impulse bought a Carbon plenum, OE intake is pretty noisy anyway but this sounds mad

Went for Satin finish as I much prefer it

80b5e8b07b58b86febb82cbb787b49ff.jpg 9c9860d51ff8c1ca2faa49eccb01d0bd.jpg 5e8a6d004a8d2ce25b17b3ae5bfd9944.jpg 65c380b3e4f8217cda791384f27b7b61.jpg 8b908744223361032b127f75ef6345cb.jpg

trickmansa, Muxa and Rensport225 like this.
  31. Sounds bit sluggish mate you sure firing on all 3 cylinders

Rensport225 likes this.
  32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just two mate

Rensport225 likes this.
  33. I always loved the genius placement of the oil filter housing .. much much better than the Megane :smiley::smiley: .. Car look stunning btw...