Yellow RS250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by -Jamie-, Jul 23, 2013.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not a huge amount really, GT4 splitter, rear lip, decats and a map and some solid bushings when the time comes

Oh and some 18x10 wheels

trickmansa likes this.
  2. Manual I take it? (I’m not that clued up on BMW’s) Nice, got to be pick of the bunch I guess. Wouldn’t of thought there are to many manual gearbox ones of those around? Even better to enjoy that engine with I would imagine.

3. Manual I take it? (I’m not that clued up on BMW’s) Nice, got to be pick of the bunch I guess. Wouldn’t of thought there are to many manual gearbox ones of those around? Even better to enjoy that engine with I would imagine.

4. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

The only Beamer I'd ever want to own, very nice cars the E92 M3's

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah, was set in DCT but this was local and a great price for the spec and the maintence that's been done.

PahLok likes this.
  6. So you will be leaving us soon then, or you thinking of a couple of months you will be back in a Megane again :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

7. E92 quite heavy by beamer standards, E46 and awesome E36 much lighter, let the stripping begin...

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Heavy but still put the laptimes in, won't be stripped, it's a nice road car that can do track work.

Can't see me back in a Megane for a while Ian, not long in from my first proper drive on the roads around Knockhill. Its so good. Hides its weight really well
    6ca073e9644219be2feba238f59a89b1.jpg 5fb32e7a50fed5c67d0e3891d0e10746.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  9. Well if it ever makes it to a track day next year, we will see :laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It'll be out at Knockhill in the near future and going by the times being put in by them it's gonna be as quick, if not quicker than the Megane

11. Now this would sound very, very nice!

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

"Only" about 1.5-2s off the sort of times I was lapping in the Megane, More seat time and some setup tweaks will get it down there but it's not too far off considering its still full road trim and the Megane was for all intents and purposes full track spec running posh dampers etc.

trickmansa likes this.
  13. high single figures for track mpg?
    at least you will be able to collect a lot of tesco clubcard points at the garage!!

14. Sorry Jamie
    not impressed, think you made a big mistake, not had a M2 pass me yet, over taken a few on track and mines not mapped yet :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    You will be back in a Megane again soon :sunglasses:

15. looks like the weight is the telling factor
    .similar bhp,but the m2 really got away on straights.
    As a all round package..not sure if you could buy anything as desirable as a M2C.

16. I was at Silverstone late last year, there was an M2, M3 M4 and an M5 there, i struggked to pass the M5, but eventually he let me past, looking in the rear view he was snaking all over trying to keep up :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's still a road car with full interior with 300kgs at least on a Megane [emoji23]

Driver plays a big part, show me some Meganes that run low 7 min ring laps or Spa in the high 2.30s

Also remember I didn't buy it to be the fastest thing on a circuit, if I wanted that I'd of gotten a Caterham or similar, M3 is far more enjoyable and rewarding to drive than the Megane ever was though. Point and shoot with the Megane, makes even the most average driver look like a hero

18. I'll take that :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

-Jamie- likes this.
  19. Great thread, just had a good read through. One question if I may please - I read somewhere early on that a driveshaft spacer was a must. What purpose does this fulfil please?

Incidentally, I am coming from a track bias E92 M3 to an already track ready megane RS250 so I have gone the other way :smile:

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They don't actually need one if you run them at a sensible height with camber as that pushes the shaft back in.

Aha, what spec was your E92?

21. Ok that's good to know thanks.

I still have the M3 for now but will be moving it on. KW clubsports, AP BBK with RSL29s front, PFZ rear, ARC-8 18" with DZ03G 265/295 and ESS 625 SC. It's also a manual.

22. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Fair enough, why the change to the Megane? Was it you that bought Lees yellow one?

Splitting any bits of the E92 BTW? [emoji1787]

23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not changed much since I got it, CF GT4 splitter, got a rear lip to put on and my new set of 18x10 are due this week. Probably do a Coolerworx or cae shifter afyer New year then some fresh bushes and arms all round and just enjoy using it d7a0465ae937e27f7105d6a522848500.jpg 8f9bea8b85dc9d555e9d1e01730b59b7.jpg a3553e1a91d9196f76442a5637702497.jpg

JJZ and Spyros like this.
  24. Just had a bad year mate, a few failed ring trips and a few failed engines so I have lost the heart for it and don't want to keep putting money into it. Hoping I can enjoy the Megane on track for year and give my wallet a little rest lol.

Not Lee's one no. It looks pretty decent to me although I don't know Megane's well. Just reading your thread gives me some assurances they have done some of the right mods though.

Lol. Charger is sold, so are wheels and tyres. Now trying to sell car with KW and BBK on but no engine. If I have to break I have already made some promises :grinning:

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Fair enough man, sounds very simialr to why I ended up buying the E92 tbf, granted the issues I had wern't quite on the same level of cost.

Haha yeah parts for them definitely don't hang about long, think I recognise your name from Cutters?

26. Yes mate, I am on cutters. Your car looks great, love the GT4 splitter. Maybe Mumbray undertray and brake ducts to compliment? (and so it begins!) :tearsofjoy:

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Aye it needs the undertray for sure but I'll be getting ducts from Litchfield as they are half the price for the same thing [emoji1787]

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Megane is going to be fully road worthy with a fresh mot come this weekend at last. Still for sale :wink:

b954ab9c3ce50a574c818fbd9bb80373.jpg

58db575d31ac920850df3c940f85b1c9.jpg 16de4cf94bc06a9071a1e3bd94d842a6.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    PahLok likes this.
  29. shit you ok Jamie

looks like been hit by own mota mate

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Gonna miss this for sure 3587fcba341e46b4a29e150231d1b713.jpg 911a30cc14d2bfea0f6fcf6f00981620.jpg 39c776a9ab2353efc64acb38bafc08c7.jpg 2c0b0e57f7afbf9d1af1c9b4f82eba48.jpg 75ce088dec275e14d52bfe2b2eb03e8f.jpg 76c50fe6835932a5d5c96a45c5b3e581.jpg a0a4af26cc43ff42a90fc346454a8f90.jpg

RobbieR likes this.
  31. I read all the thread. That car seems an armed weapon for track. It´s a sorrow that you decide to sell, overall when you dedicated so much time on it.
    Anyway, I´ll keep an eye on your new project.

32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Bon Voyage [emoji24] 692be4d913ffe66d16d090864beeec57.jpg

33. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

How long before you're back in one?

34. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Never more than likely [emoji23]

If I ever got another Megane it would be a MK4 for a decent daily but ill not chuck money at another Megane again

35. Just over a year, the fuel consumption on the BM is going to be what he has spent on parts for the Megane :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

36. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

E92 isn't a longterm car by any means, but it'll probably be replaced by a newer M car with boost over anything fwd

37. looked at these m3. my mate had one . needed rod bearings and arp bolts at 55k and then the afm,s went 1800 the pair and 3 mpg on track put me off. even 17 on a run wasnt much better

38. was at the ring spectating at hatzenbach when i fully prepped on came past and gave me his rods..lol

39. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Bearings is hugely blow out of proportion on the Internet tbf, there's a load of US guys running 150k miles plus on originals, It's all down to maintenence and care really, they also don't have AFMs, so not sure what your pal spent 1800 on?

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  40. it was throttle actuators apparently