Yellow Megane RS 250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Charlie Howard, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

A friend and I made and installed this today, as my battery is in the boot I thought would be nicer to make something that could hold the ECU, junction box and catch can. Will probably get a Mocul one soon to replace it
    AfkA03r.jpg
    IRnXzBL.jpg

Mr Spoon likes this.
  2. Hey mate
    Really love the build so far!
    Which shark fin did you get off amazon? I fancy one for my black 250.

3. Charlie Howard

I got this one but you have to trim down the metal tab or drill a hole, I just dremelled the metal tab off
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FZS9DFG/?tag=rsmeg-21

4. Charlie Howard

Rear lights are finally nearly done! Will post them installed once they're finished

QwrrHJE.jpg
    mSpR0MG.jpg
    1NlC7MB.jpg
    asv87Mp.jpg
    OFmQMYD.jpg

Rensport225 likes this.
  5. Charlie Howard

Got new discs and pads to go on, going to rebuild the calipers at the same time. Which colour should I go for? Thinking yellow, purple or blue.
    6a0jAY1.png
    GS6RH1q.png
    vHGidXy.png

6. Definitely yellow to match the paint. Others look out of place imo

Sveina likes this.
  7. Yellow is best of those colours.

But I am a fan of the OEM red. Not sure how much the strip/rebuild & powder coat costs you. But if you go Red OEM front Calipers are only £350 for a pair.

8. Charlie Howard

Never been a fan of red, I feel like every car uses red. Just wanted something a bit different

Muxa likes this.
  9. Seeing your other Yellow interior trim details & yellow belts. Probably Yellow.

One thing to factor is how noticeable the brake dust will be on yellow ones.

10. I’m also a fan of the OEM red, I got some for £360 of Kam racing which won’t be far of a refurb.

11. Charlie Howard

Didn't think about that. Just means I'll have to clean it more lol. I think yellow is the colour

12. Another for yellow here [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Charlie Howard

I think yellow it is then

14. Any colour is good. It's the standing out that makes the difference

Charlie Howard likes this.
  15. Charlie Howard

My wheel re-done as the centre strip went all brown, went for leather as I can't be bothered with cleaning the Alcantara every 5 minutes.
    Also got Carbon Skins to do something different on the bottom, still not sure if I like it or not. What do you think?
    rvpKrde.jpg

Rensport225, Poppaboost and Mr Spoon like this.
  16. Charlie Howard

It ties in with the stitching well I think, just want others opinions

Si271 likes this.
  17. Charlie Howard

My interior is finished, looks great I think!
    bGV0wfO.jpg
    hiwanSj.jpg

18. Charlie Howard

Did a couple of things over the weekend, new discs, pads, and calipers!
    k9oSZES.jpg
    PvGwgEH.jpg

19. Charlie Howard

Also went to Hyundai and picked up one of their metal gear stick skirts and fit it, feels nicer than the plastic Renault one
    PHs3YEB.jpg
    4cNUNaJ.jpg

Poppaboost likes this.
  20. Gear stick looks a lot smarter.

Charlie Howard likes this.
  21. Charlie Howard

Put yellow seatbelts in the rear to match the front
    IxrSaHR.jpg

22. Charlie Howard

Also wanted to add a rear camera as that's the only thing missing now, made a cable from one end of the car to the other, just need to put it in the bumper now. All coded it and got it working! Realised mine doesn't show the parking sensors on the screen as the phase 1's use an old parking sensor module so I made an adapter to install the phase 2 and 3 module.
    zzl6ypg.jpg

Got it installed
    yIRK5DP.jpg
    fEz0qt4.jpg
    And it all works!

BillyA likes this.
  23. Nice parking on these seat:sob:

Charlie Howard and Poppaboost like this.
  24. Charlie Howard

Is that not where it goes?

BillyA and manugtt like this.
  25. Whats happened with the rear light?

26. Charlie Howard

Huge pain, they arrived all smashed and the seller refused to help, had to go through PayPal and my bank to get the money back, took over 2 months :neutral:
    Got a new set coming from a guy in France later this week or next. They're not quite as modified but look more professional, I'll post some pictures once they arrive.
    Still got the internals from the other ones though so might try and do something with them at some point

27. its always a pain when this happens...paypal to the rescue it seems

28. Charlie Howard

Annoyingly PayPal were useless, for some reason they thought I modified the item, maybe the seller told them I did. After a month I gave up and just did a chargeback through my bank. At one point I was on the phone to PayPal daily for about 30 minutes explaining the situation and then the next day the case would just get closed again

29. the seem to be great unless something us unusual

30. Charlie Howard

Got my lights in, really pleased with them. Not too crazy, I think it's something Renault would have done had they facelifted the back on these.
    P0DYhjb.jpg
    V0W7gcW.jpg
    lnVAn7L.jpg
    CUdhNkJ.jpg
    9aJnaif.jpg

James B and chappers2000 like this.
  31. Rear lights are impressive!

Just been having a good read through of this thread. You’ve clearly invested a lot of time in these mods, fair play!

I thought I was pretty much done with mods, but now I’m loving the idea of moving the RS button, fitting 265 clocks to get digital Speedo and I also love the idea of the RS monitor upgrade you got from Stage X …

32. Charlie Howard

Cheers mate! Depends how long you intent to keep it I think, I never intent to sell. The way I see it is every car I want to own is already out as newer cars are not to my taste and not a fan of electric

33. Charlie Howard

34. Charlie Howard

Some big changes coming soon, got some AST coilovers, white line drop links and uprated ball joints to go on

Mr Spoon likes this.
  35. Charlie Howard

Je9jCvC.jpg
    aGtf1WD.jpg

36. Charlie Howard

Where are you going to get yours fitted?

37. No idea yet as there’s not really anywhere near me, I don’t want the strut towers cut either.

38. Charlie Howard

I want my towers cut so it can be adjusted easily. I'm taking my to Cooksport, I was worried about cutting the towers too but they've been running there one for years on track with no issues. Can always get some rings welded in like Matt West did but it's not needed apparently.