Yellow Megane RS 250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Charlie Howard, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Got used to plugging it in, would be much better with having to though. Having Spotify and being to reply to messages by voice is handy though.

2. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

I know the very latest Google phones can do it wirelessly, would be nice to find a USB adapter that does it wirelessly

3. Charlie Howard

Radio has been terrible since I had the car, I think the antenna cable is broken somewhere as the signal is no different with it unplugged.
    Got this sharkfin colour matched and installed, has a GPS antenna for my new R-Link system too.
    6krVLRj.jpg
    RG2ZGH3.jpg

4. Nice little touch. Looks better than the normal aerial. I wonder who at Renault listened to the radio system and said’ yep that sounds good’

T&biskits likes this.
  5. Charlie Howard

Sound quality is eh, good enough for most people. I've changed the speakers and added tweeters and that's good enough for me. But I've never been able to get a good signal as I assume the cable is broken somewhere in the roof lining

6. Tex

Tex

Are these easy to fit? i.e. straight swap no modifications required?

7. Charlie Howard

Needs a custom loom which they supply, you've got to remove the centre console to install the controls and feed the new looms through from the headunit to that.

8. Tex

Tex

Sorry I meant the windscreen washers!

9. Charlie Howard

Ah sorry, yeah just pop them off and slot these in, 5 mins

10. Charlie Howard

I don't think I ever posted this, moved my battery to the boot so I could fit a catch can where the battery goes. Also fit a quick cut off which makes it nice and easy to disconnect the battery.

6UL05CR.jpg
    C88YOzW.jpg
    wkOEL4m.jpg

11. Charlie Howard

Did a few more things over the weekend, fit a Wagner intercooler
    0wOIUdZ.jpg

Test fit a custom door card on the passenger side to see if it I like the look, think I do. Matches the other interior bits I've have done. I wasn't sure when I saw the photos but looks great in person.
    l33PYDq.jpg
    Cu2C0Dg.jpg

Also wrapped the trim above the glovebox in Alcantara, I see a lot of people do carbon fibre but I feel like a lot of them go over the top with it, looks purple in the photo for some reason but it's black in person. May also do the centre console to match but not sure yet.
    GIecm27.jpg

Poppaboost likes this.
  12. Door cards look quite good, who did them for you

13. Charlie Howard

KolourKoncept, find them on Instagram and Facebook. They mostly just do seatbelts and gaiters but he's been great at giving all my stuff a go, it's all really well done too

14. Charlie Howard

Better photo of it
    u9MQVO2.jpg

15. nice, were'd you move the two front horn's to ?

16. Charlie Howard

They're still at the front they were just removed while we installed the intercooler

17. ah got it, they are so un-necessarily heavy thinking of delete and fit lightweight something else

18. Charlie Howard

Got my other door done to match, really grew on me and I think it looks really good.
    Also got my lights redone as the paint started to bubble, a bit of miscommunication so he painted a ring of yellow but I actually like it

I'm looking to get my seats retrimmed next with yellow stitching, black leather and a touch of alcantara, possibly my dash covered in leather too so it looks a little different from the pov Megane

pXHXrzu.jpg
    vbjrjpi.jpg
    Jaje8e4.jpg

Lopes3d likes this.
  19. Hiya mate,

Cars looks mint
    Just wondering where you got those carbon trim bits from? & also, the shark fin Ariel, where was that from? & easy to fit?

20. Charlie Howard

Cheers mate! Carbon bits I got done by Matthew Hayward, he's on most of the Facebook groups, skins them in real carbon.
    Shark fin I got from Amazon, pretty easy to fit but I did have to dremmel down a little metal tab on the bottom

21. ah perfect, I think I’ve spoken to him about some bits already! & okay mate, it’s something I plan to do soon!

22. Charlie Howard

Making myself some custom rear lights, won't be a quick project as I want to get them right but they'll be painted black and the LED strips will be for the running/position lights. Will have a bright LED bar for the brake lights in the default place
    gOIlgHB.jpg
    lOz0tTR.jpg

23. Who did your headlights mate?

24. Charlie Howard

Modified Lights UK, looks like he's no longer in business though. Going to be sending to Sinister Lighting for some changes though

25. Charlie Howard

Did a few more interior bits in gloss back, screen surround, radio, climate control, window switches, and powder coated the handles
    2AaLyZl.jpg
    nnCQsu0.jpg

Also got this to go in next week on my week off
    6vvqn4G.jpg

DOOOOK likes this.
  26. Charlie Howard

Got a new catch can installed as my old one didn't work. Also much tidier so I can now remove the battery box and sort a ECU mount.
    SdHTF1r.jpg

DOOOOK likes this.
  27. Is that the kit from Mike jacobs on Facebook?

28. Charlie Howard

That's it yeah

29. How does it fit? Worthwhile buying?

30. Charlie Howard

Fits well, too soon to tell if it works but the internals look a lot better than the old one

31. Charlie Howard

Did a few more interior bits, custom sun visors to match my other bits and also the gloss black centre console from the later models.

ARUXdvx.jpg
    cZPv5jd.jpg

tof73 likes this.
  32. At least 5bhp extra...:tearsofjoy:

33. Charlie Howard

Oh easily, each

tof73 likes this.
  34. That polystyrene thingy in the spare wheel well does it have a part number please by any chance? As I'm after one for my cup. Thanks

35. Is it this you're looking for? I can try and get the partcode tomorrow, or you can just have this one for free?

PXL_20210313_171526529.jpg

36. Charlie Howard

37. Charlie Howard

Good news and bad news.
    Got some new bits installed, GT performance sports cat finally in. Makes the car sound so much better, especially on WOT. Also got the Vibra Technics lower mount in which has made a huge difference to how it feels, a lot tighter.
    bLdcTjt.jpg

Maxton spoiler lip on
    yfN9iwN.jpg

Got a gloss black centre console and moved the RS button to the middle, where it should have been from factory
    aH5CovZ.jpg

Finally got this that I bought last year on IndieGoGo, Wireless AA, let's you use Android Auto wirelessly so no plugging my phone in every time I get in. Hidden it under the cup holder
    6e2Pr19.jpg
    W6EFitH.jpg

Bad news someone hit my car while at work on Saturday, I didn't see it happen but he tried to drive off and some people stopped him luckily. My bodyshop has quoted around £400 for repairs which he's going to cover, can't be bothered messing around with insurance.
    WanzKDQ.jpg
    HzJnKOD.jpg
    ySex7Ds.jpg

38. Totally agree about RS button! For move it, you must to add extra wires for that button and for the cruise control one too?
    About the hit...some people are shit...:triumph::triumph::triumph:

39. Charlie Howard

Yeah just extended both cables to swap the buttons over, easy.

And yeah I don't know how you miss a bright yellow parked car. Annoys me that the dick tried to drive off, glad someone stopped him. He claimed he didn't know it happened and there's no damage on his car but the guy that stopped him sent me some photos and he's completely mashed his rear bumper and all down the side of his car. He got out and checked the damage then tried to drive off

40. Charlie Howard

Got it all sorted last week, if anyone needs any paintwork done in Hampshire I recommend Hunter automotive, great guy and great work! Used him before for other bits like a rock dent and some work on the 1 series and i30N. Perfect match, can't even tell it's been painted
    xZultES.jpg

Lopes3d and Mossyv6 like this.