Yellow Megane RS 250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Charlie Howard, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Just the material, the handle might come off but I didn't try that.

2. ill just try and change the whole thing, thanks for the help though!

3. Charlie Howard

I've been playing around with DDT4ALL as I like that kinda stuff, more in line with what I do every day at work, I do it a lot with my girlfriends Beamer too. I wanted to enable the 3 blink indicator that the newer 265's have but I couldn't get that working. I did change the tyre pressure readings from bar to PSI on the dash as everything I have is in PSI so it makes more sensor and I also got the speedo backlights to stay on without the headlights being on as sometimes it's too bright for headlights but I can't see the revs.

-Jamie- likes this.
  4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I think the 3 blink Indicstors are on the later ones, sure its just a case of changing the squib.

Nice to know about the dash lights, it's the one thing that Renault should of done from factory!.

Interested to see what else you get working, what's needed to use DDT4?

5. Charlie Howard

I'd be interested to see if anyone has changed squibs and gained the feature but they look the same to me!

I know you can change the parking sensor tone, adjust how long interior lights stay on.

Oh I forgot to mention I lowered the light sensor as my headlights always come on in the morning when it's perfect daylight! I also enabled something called Swiss headlight mode which I think keeps the headlights on until you open the door but we'll find out tomorrow.

I can link you the program if you want and then I bought this as Ford uses the same pinout as Renault. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modified...scan-Focus-Smax-Mondeo-Kuga-CMax/163406167083

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Cool, airbags disable possible?

7. Charlie Howard

There was an airbag handle I saw but I didn't touch it as I didn't want to mess anything up, but by the looks of yes you can as you can disable the seatbelt warning.

8. Hi Jamie
    I had mine sorted by a guy when i was at Brands so it is possible

9. Charlie Howard

You've got me curious so I've ordered a squib from a 2014 265 to see if that get' the indicator 3 tick working. Just got to work out how to remove it!

10. I’ve just had a look at this thread for the first time. Interesting to see what happened to your 225, a little while ago work mate of mine bought a 250 cup had had a remap done (unbeknown at time of purchase) he was driving down to Cornwall on an A road 60-70mph and it went bang with all the smoke you talked of, he’d only had the car 2weeks! Luckily he got his money back from the dealer. Car has been repaired apparently and went back up for sale recently. Any ideas on what could of possibly caused this terminal issue?

11. Thinking about it was a con rod that broke.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'm certain I seen it mentioned before, just can't remember where it was

13. Charlie Howard

Still not 100% sure what caused mine, it was either too much torque for the rods as the 225 engine were weak or a faulty oil pump.

Thanks James, I will post here as soon as I do it. I imagine it's either going to be a straight swap and it'll work or a swap and enable with DDT. Doesn't look too bad to fit, I will getting my steering wheel retrimmed too so will probably do them at the same time.

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Any further with your DDT tweaks?

15. Charlie Howard

I haven't looked at it since, might wait until I fit the new squib. Anything in particular you want me to look for?

16. Charlie Howard

I know it's filthy and needs a clean but finally, fit the new pedals footrest!
    61iYGfe.jpg

Mikeyjp likes this.
  17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just curious as to what else is possible really. What was the Swiss headlight thingy?

18. Charlie Howard

Yeah, I'll do some more experimenting when I fit the squib. It looks like pretty powerful software so I imagine you can do nearly anything!

19. Charlie Howard

Cleaned the car and they look great!
    CryqTMN.jpg
    oa02Gct.jpg

Mikeyjp likes this.
  20. Charlie Howard

Sorry Jamie I forgot to answer your question! It keeps the headlights on until you open the door.

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

As in when you unlock?

22. Charlie Howard

After you turn the engine off they stay on until you open the door and turn the ignition off. Not really that useful, maybe in Sweden it is lol

23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'm pretty certain mine do that already lol

24. Charlie Howard

Maybe it's enabled for cars in Scotland?

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

[emoji23][emoji23] Came from down south originally

Been out, headlights switched on, engine off and card out. Lights stay on til door opened

26. Charlie Howard

No idea then! That's the description it gave, maybe it's something left in from development.

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Did yours not do it before then?

Ill probably pm you to save cluttering this up, DDT sounds handy for disabling airbags etc

28. Charlie Howard

I don't think so but it's one of those trivial things so to be honest I don't really remember :tearsofjoy:

Yeah no problem

29. Charlie Howard

I did find a setting that turns the hazards on with hard braking like new cars do, I think it's a German feature. Quite a nice safety feature if you ever have to brake hard on the motorway or something.

Mikeyjp likes this.
  30. Charlie Howard

Just fitted 265 dials for the digital speedo, looks good I think! Took some coding to get everything working like heated seats but all working now! I do miss the yellow rev counter so might get a custom yellow insert made up.
    UpMy6FS.jpg

Mikeyjp likes this.
  31. Charlie Howard

Took the new dials apart and scanned the face in. Waiting for some nice custom faces to be made up!
    yYeFAvY.jpg

Mikeyjp likes this.
  32. Charlie Howard

If anyone's interested in custom faces let me know. I know @-Jamie- didn't like the grey dial on the 265 but I'm going to fix that!

33. Would be good to get this working

34. Charlie Howard

To be honest I haven't tested it since enabling it because I would have to be doing at least 60 I think it is and then brake very hard but it's on so hopefully it would work if needed.

Mikeyjp likes this.
  35. I wonder which Megs have it already turned on? maybe Country related

36. Charlie Howard

Pretty sure all new cars have done for a few years but the Germans have had it for longer so probably there.

37. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Some MK2s do it, used to remember a Mates 225 track car with them flashing away at Knockhill, I'm not a fan personally [emoji23]

38. Charlie Howard

A lovely guy by the name of Chris Bowen replaced my suspension on Sunday. New shocks, grams springs, top mounts, bump stops, wishbones, drop links, anti-rotation links. Feels a bit firmer now and more responsive. Sits lower too!
    QXSp5En.jpg
    d1LQLMk.jpg
    VrghUFY.jpg

Ryan Butler and Mikeyjp like this.
  39. Charlie Howard

Finally got the design for my dials, looks a look better than the grey IMO and still get the digital speedo!
    lppvgnc.jpg

martin1977, TsArno, tof73 and 2 others like this.