Yellow Megane RS 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Mr Spoon, May 20, 2021.

1. This is the beginning of my 2010 Cup 250 journey.

Purchased for £8400 with a 3/4 tank of fuel, 4 new tyres and new pads and discs all round. The timing belt was changed 76,929 miles, along with the water pump, tensioners, dephaser and cam shaft seals by cook motorsport. The car has 4 immaculate 18inch wheels.

The car inside and out is immaculate with the exception of a cracked front splitter (already booked to replace) and one small chip on the roof part of the boot lid about 5p in size (again booked for repair.) The right rear calliper has some paint flaking which I'll fix.

Heres the car on the first day of ownership: (white one is a 1.5 DCI)
    92Cl1PJ.jpg

I noticed the car was pulling to the left (after removing 5psi of pressure from the front left) so I took it to Hi-Q and for £30 the tracking was sorted. Now tracks true and is a pleasure to drive.

Plans for the car, I really want a BOV. I'm still a big kid, so O've booked in with Forge for Monday.

Other than that, I'll be keeping the car relatively standard, maybe a remap, exhaust and induction for noise, but I'm still on the pot.

Rensport225 likes this.
  2. I’ve got a forge Bov love it [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Spoon likes this.
  3. Nice car, and welcome on the forum

Mr Spoon likes this.
  4. Booked in at Renault for a replacement splitter. £130 fitted.

5. Here are some more photos of when I bought the car:

TQGqXtd.jpg f8jrTLm.jpg i5fZUC7.jpg Bfe7uey.jpg sQXOUwv.jpg bcsRThK.jpg l0Jol22.jpg JA0p2RD.jpg sRFhCbZ.jpg YYs4796.jpg OLr4gVh.jpg

6. Wears its miles well.

Welcome.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  7. Welcome! Nice toy have you there, looks great. Is curious it have standard seats, I thought all Cup´s have Recaro seats. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it a lot!

8. it came that way. shows what a bit of research would have done if thats correct.

9. Not all cup’s have Recaro’s had to be optioned I believe.

10. Yes I did some google searching and they were an optional extra. Thing is, a car with recaro seats would have been a few grand extra from what I could tell.

11. Well, must be according to which country. I can sure you in Spain all the Cup´s packed came with Recaro´s, red calipers, LSD, firmer and lower suspension, harder anti roll bar and RS monitor. I have no clear why some of them was in leather and some other no.
    Anyway, that yellow looks like a good unity!:wink:

12. I have some of that. I've for a LSD, and decent suspension by the feel of it. No RS monitor or recaros.
    It has a cup badge

manugtt likes this.
  13. So here's the link to the BOV thread: clicky

Lopes3d likes this.
  14. Silicon hose ordered for the air intake, bright yellow. Standby for photos when it arrives and I fit it.

15. So today I gave the car its first wash. I used a couple of products and its come up really well. I also popped the bonnet and noticed my turbo-air box hose was off (possibly forge motorsport yesterday, but i'd not expect them to make such a novice error) so I lost my 6mm socket in the under tray, but got it back on ok. Practice for the silicon hose coming this week.

GQO0jxB.jpg wyUh3oF.jpg CzeU3wj.jpg wZzmpCf.jpg ItYHSvi.jpg

manugtt and Lopes3d like this.
  16. Great! Just some information that I found. The leather Recaro´s in Spain cames with a pack called Luxury. The pack was a full equipe, basicallyl like a Trophy Ph1, only that last was 265hp, not 250. Those Renault are a caos about editions!!:tonguewink:

Mr Spoon likes this.
  17. Looks like a bargain for the price - nice purchase mate

Mr Spoon likes this.
  18. So this is todays update:
    New goodies
    TjhzhZR.jpg

This was the easy part, unclipping the air box hose at the air box end
    wJoUssA.jpg

Next unclip this part (no idea what it does). The plug in the hose is a bugger to pull out.
    WdMZm7S.jpg

Yikes the turbo jubilee clip!
    aybL2yk.jpg

Not much space!
    3EP4w2k.jpg

Good view of the turbo!
    m80vivT.jpg

All done!
    6tAfatH.jpg

Now all I need to do is replace the turbo to intercooler hose (black rubber one to the left of the yellow oil filler cap, connected to the metal intercooler pipe) followed by a few more hoses for good measure.

Oh and the most important thing.... sound!

I decided to cable tie my go pro to the top of the radiator facing the blow off valve.

Guillermo and manugtt like this.
  19. How much was that hose ?

20. £55 and its a pig to fit. You have to take your time and really focus on the position of the jubilee clamps. You want to make sure it is a snug fit and that you have the clamp nuts facing in a practical way.

21. Where was it from I want to change mine ? Have you got a link

22. Yes, good old fashioned eBay.

23. So the next few updates. FMIC upgrade, braided brake lines and a cat back exhaust from Forge Motorsport booked. The exhaust is on back order, so possibly July.
    Bad news, Renault called, the splitter is on back order, also possibly July.

Lopes3d likes this.
  24. Really cracking on with this build! We’re struggling to keep an eye on the thread:sweatsmile:

Mr Spoon likes this.
  25. You could have bought a Kit with 2 silicon hoses, like in the Gt Performance kit or Ikon Motorsport, the kit will always be cheaper than sold individually.
    Your car is very cool, I love their yellow!
    Update the post with the news :wink::wink:

Mr Spoon likes this.
  26. Yes, that was right... this "kit" was the same in Portugal, there were practically not many extras to put in the car. I think it would just be the GPS and the front parking sensors and not much else...

manugtt and Mr Spoon like this.
  27. Cooksport have quoted for springs, ARB's and a replacement engine mount. I'm trying to not do everything at once because I want to enjoy each stage of the car. I'm tempted to put coilovers rather than just springs, but in my experience, stock dampers, springs and arbs are all thats needed for track or road.

The Megane on the rear boot will be coming off too.

Lopes3d likes this.
  28. I got mine with all 3 from CLM racing, the intercooler pipe on mine at 34k looked pretty perished so glad I changed mine. Be worth having a look on yours

29. When Forge change the intercooler the bottom hose will be changed. I'm sourcing a top hose to replace as soon as I can. Theres a few custom places, I just need to take it off to measure the diameter and length,

30. Yes I think so, particularly with the most recent work done on the car too. Even with the alarm issue, its a very good motor

31. Are they going to go with another stock pipe? This was the kit I got haven’t yet changed my top one as you’ve mentioned.
    https://www.clm-racing.com/moteur/durites/pack-3-durites-turbo-megane-3-rs
    Shame I can’t get there website in English looks like they do some nice parts

32. I think that any pneumatic or similar material store will have the silicone hose and with the right dimensions for the car, you may have to cut a bit because they are maybe too long. I just talked about the kit, because it already had the two pieces and the color was the same, but it doesn't matter much either, because the missing one will be hidden under the engine cover

33. :blush::blush: I'll get it replaced, as well as all the other hoses in the car too, before any HP is increased for sure.

34. Ok so fixed the front lip using the drifters favourite item....
    rThNiTA.jpg
    [​IMG]
    And debaged the back....
    [​IMG]
    PLwQC5Z.jpg

Now off to get the RS monitor added. Video posted later.

Poppaboost likes this.
  35. Mr Spoon, you have a “normal” Megane coupe as well? How is it as a car and how does it compare to the RS? What engine has it got in it?

36. Yes we do. We have a 1.5 dci Megane, it's a 2011 plate. Does 65+mpg. It's got more toys than the RS, keyless entry, Tom Tom and I've updated the maps with a 2020 version.
    It's reliable and and easy to drive.

37. Ok so booked in with cooksport in June for:

Springs
    New cup dampers
    ARB's
    Engine mount
    Clutch damper delete and new cable
    Braided brake hoses

Talk about it eating cash (all of this is non essential :wink: (maybe the clutch cable)

But after this, it would have had in past 1k miles:
    timing chain and associated parts
    New discs and pads all round
    4 new eagle f1 tyres
    full service
    panel filter
    blow off valve
    new silicon hoses
    new splitter (if it arrives)
    all the parts listed above
    RS monitor

Still got to get a secondary key sorted (how do these people lose bloody keys)
    Exhaust
    bigger inter cooler
    remap

All in, I with what the last chao spent prior to me buying the car, £8400 paid, for just short of £12k I should have a very capable daily driver :wink:

Lopes3d likes this.
  38. So that's the Scorpion cat back ordered for a few weeks time, courtesy of Forge Motorsports good efforts. Got an absolute deal too which is excellent.

39. Ok so a little update.

Car spent many hours at Cooksport today. I had Mrs and Master Spoon with me so I haven't been able to test the new parts, but will tomorrow.

Only two braided brake lines could be fitted, the rears were at risk of shearing the bleed nipples and the OS rear brake pipe was just spinning at the union. Brake pressure and stopping are fine, but now it's in my head, it will likely be two calipers and new lines.

Geometry setup using weighted wires and rulers. Pleasure to watch.

Lopes3d and Rensport225 like this.