Yellow 250 cup Glasgow

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by jamesbeaumont, Mar 7, 2015.

1. So after months of searching I have finally found the right car for me. I'm flying down to London first thing to collect it and will post pics as soon as I can.
    It has all the sped I wanted bar the records however I have sourced a pair which I will be picking up this week. So the car is -

Yellow 250 cup
    Rs monitor
    18s
    Drls

Pics to follow - oh and it doesn't have yellow belts! So I will be hunting high and low for some!

2. One of the only pics I have...

[​IMG]

3. Recaros* damn Tapatalk

4. Nice

5. Lovely looking car. I live in huntingdon so if you fancy a meet on the a1 on your way back up north give me a shout. There is a maccys at Brampton hut services.

6. Thanks Mike. Hope it's as clean in person as it looks there!

7. Thanks Nath. I'd love to catch you on the way back however I'm taking the gf out in York so won't have the chance. Hope to meet you at some point though.

8. Likewise. Enjoy your drive back north. Hope you and the Mrs enjoy York.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nice one James. Thats another James/Jamie on here with a Yellow Cup LOL, 3 of us now!

Will need to meet up at some point mate!

10. Thanks Jamie - yeah I saw that! Need to meet soon.

11. So after a long drive back from London yesterday (also think I got flashed by a camera in a 50 doing 69 (thought it was a 70!) the Megane is now in Scotland. First off I'm really impressed with how comfortable it is, just ate up the miles and got almost 400 miles to a tank. I got the RS monitor working and like how big a difference the throttle maps make.

The car is in brilliant condition but is in real need of a clean. Not sure if I'll get a chance to do that before the weekend but it's going to come up really nice. It handles as I would expect an RS to and goes well, I'll definitely be getting a map though. I do think it is very quiet however, could definitely do with more induction and exhaust noise. I'll hopefully get a few pictures tonight before it gets dark but I have a list building of what I plan to do to it -

Remap
    Black diamonds
    Remove "Megane' from the boot
    Alloy Refurb
    New wipers
    New brakes all round
    Fit Recaros
    Source yellow belts
    Fit uprated bulbs
    Some form of exhaust mod - probably a mid box or sport cat depending on what gives the best general increase in noise
    Panel filter
    New boot mat
    Black wheel bolts
    Fit my plate
    DRL mod
    Black headlight mod

Going to be fun!

12. Happy Days!, enjoy the new motor - hopefully no ticket comes in the post.......

13. pretty sure -Jamie- has some Youtube vids of the midbox chop on his 250 mate....

14. Yeah he does, Ive seen them and it sounds great. Just hard to tell the increases in the cabin as thats what Im looking for (without drone of course). I had the back box chopped on my R26 and I didn't think there was a huge difference so hoping for more with a mid box chop as the 250 seems quieter even than the R26

15. I have the k-tec catback which does increase the sound in the cabin. Makes it sound purposeful and really sporty (especially with the rear seats down). Pops and bangs for fun in sport mode as well. You can't really go wrong with any of the cat/sport backs out there.. supersprint, scorpion, japspeed, milltek etc etc

16. I'd love a catback but not in a position to get one just yet - straight through mid section and smaller rear box would achieve a similar result wouldn't it?

17. I believe so - Jamie is your man to answer that though. There isn't that much you can do to the actual exhaust note of these cars, more the decibels.

18. So I believe - I'll need to catch him and see how his sounds with a decat too.

19. 2 days in and I still haven't had the time or weather to clean it yet, that will have to wait until the weekend but I did get a quick go on the engine bay and callipers this evening. Hopefully off to pick up the Recaros this week.

97b5bf9873166cf56e6ca8e3fbbdbf94.jpg 36c60f1a6133aa0ae3198f60457cc268.jpg 5c093948d64dcefd20f6c1397542304a.jpg 328a60912161f61cab6a4e7e14304e0f.jpg

20. Can't believe how dirty it is under the bonnet, I've got a rubber seal on mine that runs right along the front, stops all the dirt getting in. Looks like it's missing on yours.

21. It was bad! Came up nice though but may need another going over. Was the seal on the bonnet? Not sure if maybe the facelift is different?

22. No it's on the plastic bit that the bonnet shuts on to, bit that has the recess for the badge. I've got a pre facelift 265 so it looks like yours much sexier

23. Oh thats interesting - would you mind posting a pic of you get a chance?

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Im sure i have as rubber seal on the bonnet on mine, Ill need to have a look next time I'm out

25. Aye I'll do it tonight when I'm home if I remember. On the crotch rocket today

26. Cheers Mike - doesn't look like the ideal weather for 2 wheels!

27. I went for the midbox chop, pops and bangs alot more which sounds great! I'll be going for a smaller back box and decat/sports cat soon. The car looks great, nice job mate

28. Sun was out this morning........looks like I'm getting wet after work though

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine doesn't have any seal either, I must of imagined it LOL
    c01d48345a40e10ffc9518ba623a51aa.jpg

30. Haha well that's one thing off the list! To be honest the previous owner just used it to bike round the M25. Doubt he ever cleaned even considered cleaning the engine, especially given it does look like the exhaust trim has ever been done...
    The car will be going swimming in VP citrus this weekend that's for sure.

31. So today's job was the first proper clean. The car had a serious covering of tar so ate a couple of clay bars but has come up really nice.
    9c1a67acfb16eca902d2b8dd930b598c.jpg 9ad47938a54ac26cf114502ab11c426a.jpg 72fa7596690e613b27dfbc6f1782110c.jpg 80cf0a803f10561114e661b35640986f.jpg 5a7dd014f0b5bc0d30ecc3eed802526b.jpg

32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Looks great when it's cleaned up. My paintwork is terrible though. Arches are ruined as is the front end thanks to all the trackdays and aggressive brake pad compounds LOL

33. Looks good! PS you're not meant to eat the clay bars. They're for the paint

34. You're using it as it should be used so I'm sure it's worth it!

35. Haha! Thanks Mike!

36. What did you use to get the tar off James? Or did you clay it?

37. I had to use a clay bar, nothing else was shifting it but came off easily with that.

38. This little gem arrived today.

e4c2c7bbd1eb04845ec8d1d79b1f4c2c.jpg

39. .

40. That's nice, where from? Is it curved or just flat?