Xenon look headlights

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Canky, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Ive had a search and still dont understand what i require.

I basically have 225 phase 2 without factory xenons.

Much like my upgraded led interior bulbs i want my headlights to be like this.

I used to have hid kit on my old clio wih ballast but really dont want to go down this route as arent the best.

My mate has said i can get some xenon gas filled bulbs (not sure if im making sense?) to fit instead.

Do i just need h7 bulbs? Anyone got a link i just want to buy then if i can if there the right ones

2. Nice have yours got the blue tinge?

3. Is there any difference with the phase 1 and 2 headlights?

4. Yeah they got a slight blue look to them.
    Not sure if there is any difference between ph1 and ph2.

5. Those are not road legal ......the number of twats who drive at you blinding you with them though is increasing massively

6. Yes there is a difference between PH1 and PH2 headlights, firstly the shape of them. PH1 lights will not fit a PH2 front end (properly, anyway) and vice versa.
    Additionally, PH2 lights (halogen & xenon) all seem to be a projector type lense, whereas the PH1 halogen variant are not.

With regards to the wiring of the halogen type units I am unsure, they might be the same, but there are vast differences in the wiring of the the xenon type between the Phases.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  7. The xenon that's in my 250 are miles brighter than those so does that make the standard xenon non road legal!!?
    Those in the link give more of a ice blue look rather than the crappy Amber look and aren't that much brighter just look better

8. I've heard it's a big pain to wire ph2 xenon to a ph1 where as the hid kit is much easier basically plug and play, and cost a whole lot less.

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Hids can go into a ph2 easily as they just for the H7 pattern and then sit in the projector.

It's murder to sort it on a ph1. I used to have a hid kit but it's so cheap and pikey looking back. I bought the projectors, bulbs, ballasts and then had to fork out 150 on just the loom to retrofit it all to my ph1. And I have a bulb out atm too.

Bugger!

10. Would the hid kit not be a plug and play on a ph1 as they have the h7 fitment??

11. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Yeh but there's no projector that's what I was trying to get at. Unless you have the actual projecter setup to which no HID kit fits. So the. You have to go the whole hog otherwise it looks proper half arsed.

If that makes sense?

12. Yep, which is why I was going to ask:

Why you would want to?

It is a straight swap if you can source the parts, but they're hard/expensive to get hold of. Pretty much plug and play.

13. If they're fitted as oem then they're not going to be illegal are they? I was just pointing out that the ones in the link are deffo illegal. If you look in the advert they say 'for off road use' euphemistic at best

14. Does anyone know the rating for the headlight fuses in the engine bay

15. 10A if I remember correctly.

16. Daz

Daz

On a ph1 it's genuine units or nothing imo.

17. Yeah on ph1 go xenon or go home. If you have a projector style unit like on ph2 you can run HID's without looking an idiot and blinding everyone

18. Old thread revival.....

Do ph2 xenons plug and play to a ph2 without xenons? It’s a 2008 cup

19. Anyone?

20. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

yeah they use the same plugs

Stelongy likes this.
  21. Ace cheers for the reply :smile: