1. You need the ones with the square ballast directly on the back of the bulb - from memory they are D1S bulbs. I'm sure someone else will confirm shortly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. You are going to replace them, even though they are not broken.....

3. Square ones are d1s

4. Does it matter if he wants to change them?

5. One of them flickers on and off.. And I noticed it off completely yesterday.. Hence the reason for changing them.

Here's hoping the ballasts aren't at fault lol

I will look for d1s'.. If that's what the mk2's use. Thanks chaps

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

More than likely ballasts if it's flickering, bulbs tend to loose their colour then just die

7. Thanks Jamie, to be honest its a combination of things with the headlights at the mo, pointing at the ground, the flickering and not that bright.

So think I might replace the bulbs anyway.. anyone know the cost of ballasts (hopefully not too expensive)

8. I would physically check what type bulbs on your car first.

9. Personally, I'd try just changing the bulbs first and see if that sorts it. I recently changed mine which I presume were original and therefore also about 10 years old. One of the bulbs was noticeably flickering at a fast rate and was a more purple shade than the other. New bulbs has sorted it out.

Standard HID bulbs only have a life of about 10 years, so it is more likely that they are just reaching that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

charlie1984 likes this.
  10. When she turns violet, she is at the very end of her life. The problem is more projectors. After a lot of time they were badly damaged. There are a couple of d2s bulbs that bounce off the crowd
    OSRAM D2S 66240 XNB Night Breaker Unlimited &
    OSRAM D2S 66240XNL NIGHT BREAKER LASER Xenarc

I did not manage to find anything better. The first one has 70% more light than the standard one. They are currently in my headlights. Their color is not as blue or white. They are close to halogen bulbs by color. Therefore, with wet asphalt and poor visibility conditions, they give much better results.

they're really good

11. NIGHT BREAKER LASER Xenarc
    these are the bulbs i want to go for... will try and get the bumper off at some point and see what the bulbs are.

thanks for the help guys.

12. Just replaced mine on my R26. Fitted D1s osram xenon night breaker laser from auto bulbs direct (ABD) for £139.99.
    Removed the wheels and arch liners rather than the front bumper and changed bulbs from underneath. Probably want some spare arch fixing clips if you do the same. Use eBay rather than renault for these though.

charlie1984 likes this.
  13. Cheers chapoers will get the d1s' ordered. Bumper needs to come off as the auto leveler isn't working either

Poor car has decided to blow its brains out lol

14. The auto level is probably down to the link missing on the auto level switch common for them to break/ go walkabouts

15. Do you know where this link is? I know it's related to the suspension as its used to determine the height of the beam no?

16. Theres a sensor on the front and one on the rear beam, both on the near side somewhere, dont know exactly where as ive never had to fix one.

charlie1984 likes this.
  17. Result ?
    Much better or ?
    if the lights are required during the day then the projectors are probably in poor condition. My headlights are 2 years old. Valeo oem .. They have at least 30% less light for the simple reason that they are not expected to work continuously. My projectors are for replacement. The old headlights when I opened it was a disaster. I would buy new headlights again, but they are no longer on sale. The price went double up. It is interesting that ph2 headlights are still at a good price

18. Before my driver side bulb failed I could not tell if the lights were on by looking at the road when travelling along a street lamp lit road. With the new bulbs I clearly see the road and pavement illuminated above the light of the street lamps. Very happy with the upgrade.

19. Try to imagine that the projectors are new. I believe that the light would be at least 70% better. The cheaper repair would be to spray paint the projectors. That's what I did with old headlights. 50% better than an existing burnt projector.