Will this SMF/clutch suit my R26?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by John R26, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Have been offered the following items at a very reduced price from a fellow Ren owner....

OE CLUTCH PACK, oe slave cylinder, flywheel bolts OE , K-tec SMF

Any problems with the above into my R26 ? My research says no but thought i would check here :}

2. I've got smf and r26r clutch, no problem at all!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Cheers for that....however it is not an R26r being offered.

4. As long as the clutch is suitable for a SMF should be ok. Standard R26 clutch will be for a DMF. I'm sure if you put the specifics on here someone will be able to tell. Got my SMF and R26R clutch supplied and fitted by Engine Dynamics for about £1050.

5. "Standard R26 clutch will be for a DMF."

I am sure it can be used on a SMF as well....can someone confirm before i leap please.

6. I didn't think the standard one is interchangeable with SMF or DMF. You'll need the R26R clutch (or the 1.9 dci one) instead of the R26 clutch for the SMF.

7. It mentions it on the Engine Dymanics website.

8. The way i read the ED site is that it does match.....no mention of a R26R clutch ...or am i dyslexic LOL

9. Depends if the R26 clutch is sprung for rotational play. The DMF does that on the standard clutch as far as I know, therefore if neither are sprung for rotational play it will chew the clutch up. I learnt that the hard way on a 250 using the ED SMF.

10. I changed mine on my rs 225 to an Engine Dynamics lightweight smf (7.5 kg) and married it up to an RTS dual compound clutch plate from Kev at KAM racing. It handles 315 ft/lbs admirably.Short Shifter, Clutch plate, housing ,flywheel, bolts and slave came to £1000. But wow, what a difference. Only drawback is error lights on dash, but these can be dialled out by a tuner/mapper.
    Flywheel spins up faster and grips like a limpet. 0-62 Is now 5.6 seconds with a Celtic Tuning map and some good rubber.