White Megane R26 Daily / Track project

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by justsomechap, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Hi All,

Not long owned my R26 and I absolutely love it!

I bought it as a replacement for my E92 320d as I wanted something abit more fun with the intention of doing a few track days but also being able to use the car for work every day, I definitely made the right choice!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I bought the car it already had a few bits done to it:
    Scorpion 3" stainless steel cat back exhaust system
    H&R Lowering springs
    Forge dump valve
    Modified air box with ITG filter
    R26r spoiler
    Bonnet raisers
    Remap to 270bhp???

The car is such good fun to drive, I have never driven a FWD car that grips so well!

I had bought the car with the intention on not really messing with as it was quite well set up already.... however with my first track day at Cadwell looming and also booking to go back to Nurburgring in June next year the bug has taken over!

First up the rear seat came out, I very rarely have people in the back and if we do need to, that's where the partners car comes in!
    [​IMG]

Next up was the rear strut brace. As I still use the car every day for work I didn't really want to strip out every bit of trim and carpet so managed to find a way keeping this in while fitting the brace.[​IMG]

Sunday morning then involved a 2 hour drive down to Doncaster to pick these up form LTMR26, cant recommend him enough, he had them ready and waiting for me to collect even after just finishing a night shift!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are a massive improvement for me, as im not the biggest person the oringal recaro's just didn't seem to support me enough, surprisingly not too uncomfortable either!

The final thing for the weekend was to have my new wheels put on, Fifteen52 Tarmac's! These are probably my favorite wheel available and I am so happy managed to pick up a used set in immaculate condition! I've still got my 20mm spacers on the rear at the moment as I am waiting for some standard length bolts, but they still look amazing!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Excuse the cat......he's not right in the head!

And for now this is where I'm at. I still have a few other bits that need sorting like the exhaust hangers as to knocks on the bumper and also get it on a rolling road as the previous owner advised it was remapped to 270bhp but i'm a little dubious about this, we shall see!

My first track day is only a few weeks away now, hopefully all will go well and I will get to see what the car can really do!

The recaro's will be going up for sale but I'm not really sure what they are worth if anyone can shed any light?

Thanks

SiMonster likes this.
  2. Looks good do you plan on doing anything else to the car?

Good call on the seats, that was the first thing I did after doing one track day you move about too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks!
    I'm not sure at the moment, I think im going to see how to feels after Cadwell.
    Brakes and tyres will probably by due by then, and depending on the outcome of the rolling road perhaps a decat and remap?

4. I had my first track day in the R26 yesterday at Cadwell and it was fantastic!

The car was such a joy to drive, despite the rain it just seemed to grip and go!

My only issue seemed to be that the rear end was very fidgety and seemed to squirm around a lot under braking, not really sure why at the moment?

5. IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

XSP_0095_2.jpg

XSP_0119.jpg

XSP_0254.jpg

XSP_0467.jpg

Feirny likes this.