White 250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Adam2193, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Well I've had my megane near on 6months now and thought I would start a 'project' thread on it, al use the word project loosely as I haven't got a lot planned for it really but ohwell!

So I collected the car from Scotland completely standard, this is it at the dealers the day I collected

[​IMG]

Drove home from Scotland to Cumbria and I must say was a brilliant drive especially as it was quite a power step up going from a mk6 zetec s to this! Anyways got home and it was fairly late on and after a early start that was it for the day!

First things first I ordered some black badges for the front and back IMO I think it makes the front end especially look a whole lot better and more finished off!

[​IMG]

next on the agenda was an exhaust I toyed with the idea of a mid box chop as I read a few people had done it and it was a really good alternative to a new exhaust, after a couple of days of mulling it over I decided to bite the bullet and ordered this, a scorpion non res exhaust got it fitted within a couple if days and I must say it's well worth the money pops and bangs are brilliant and its not too loud when cruising!

[​IMG]

The only over thing I have done so far is replace the orange indicator bulbs with silvatec onee just toddies the lights up I think

[​IMG]

next on the agenda (hopefully tomorrow) I am going to spray my engine cover white to match the outside of the car, I know you can't see it but it's just something that bugs me every time I see it! I am also going for a re-map from rs tuning in the near future just trying to fit in the time around work! No other major plans for the car I have thought about getting the back three windows tinted but am really unsure about it and also am fancying my roof wrapped gloss black but again am unsure about it!

anyways I will try and keep this updated with any other things I do but that's it for now. Any options/ideas welcome!

2. Very tidy motor mate

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

hello Adam :wink:

4. Looks really nice! This isn't someone else from ZSOC is it? Just going off Jamie's reply haha

5. Yeah it sure is, In fact he recommended this forum to me, people on zsoc not got a good reputation over here or something haha?

6. Haha no nothing like that, I was on there too with my MK6 ST :tongueout: I won't clog your project thread up though - looking forward to more updates!

7. Ah right I see! Thanks, yeah I can't wait to get it mapped mostly then the real fun will begin haha

8. Went for a superchips map myself due to distance from Leeds and also wanted the convenience of changing it back and forth as required, probably not as much bhp as a custom but it was a trade off. Getting the cat dyno'd on Monday so will pop up so info as to stock and remapped.

9. Ah right interesting haven't really looked into the plug in and play ones but maybe an option! I am very interested in seeing the figures of it as am led to believe a proper map takes it to 300 or a little over so would be interesting to see how close a plug in one can get to that!

10. That was my plan, have it for 7 days so will test before and after and post up the results, if it's close to the RS maps bhp then i'll keep it. If not I'll have to bite the bullet for a trip to Leeds.

11. Certainly will mate if they are close I may go that way myself as I haven't really got the time in the near future to get to Leeds due to work but we will have to see!

12. Will put the results Monday pm, will be interesting to see what stock is also as they seem to vary quite wildly, I hope mines on the higher end would love to get 300bhp or v near.

13. Looks good, great choice on exhaust :smile:

14. Cheers bud I did look at others but after hearing good reviews from others I just went for the scorpion absolutely no regrets

15. Well I got my engine cover sprayed today, although it's not the best job as some contamination got into the paint so it will be getting redone soon thought I'd stick it back on for now to get an idea what it will look like! When it done properly I will be adding a renault sport sticker in black where it used to say it but this is it for now

image_zpscb7494b2.jpg

16. Looks good, going red with mine at some stage to tie in with the calipers and dump valve hose colour being fitted this week when Forge ship the valve kit

17. That will look really good mate don't forget to get some pics up to show

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Is that second graph with a map?

19. 13.8% increase over stock. I'm happy with it overall for £359.99 but was a little shocked at why it was running under stock bhp. Been serviced etc and we'll looked after so I guess the other variable such as temp outside, driving to the garage etc. Still gives me a ball park and at least I know that the bhp is running a little down on others results so not over stressing the engine to much. No fuel to air ratio measured due to meganes bend in the rear section so he couldn't put the sensor in far enough! Gives you guys an idea of expected gains and you can weigh up to superchip or RS tune, if I was closer to Leeds I'd probably pop in but suoerchips for me is certainly more convenient and I can put back to stock when I sell it if the new owber prefers.

20. Yes Jamie a superchip map

21. It's strange your is running below standard bhp am intreeged to see what mine is putting out standard now, think am looking either this or next month getting mine done decided just to go to rs tuning and that ways it means it get rr too just need to see when they can fit me in!

22. Red lines pre map, blue post. The higher lines are torque and the pull and urgency with the map for me is probably the most noticeable improvement, plus you don't have to be on the throttle so much to get the same acceleration. Averaging over 400 miles 31mpg driving steady ish so not bad on MPG either as previously is was 30mpg. Would of loved 300bhp but for the money I'm happy .

23. 7.5 hr round trip for me unfortunately, if I was closer I'd be going there for sure. Gives you all an idea of gains to be expected so peeps can at least make an informed decision as I couldn't find a suoerchips before and after except there own online.

24. Well not many updates going on as late, just emailed the guy at rstuning and hopefully get it booked in on the 16th of May!

also this happened which was a bit of a kick in the teeth, cop car flying round a corner and it kicked a pretty big stone up which hit the top half of the drivers door, not massive but noticeable and I just couldn't leave it. Anyways it's being fixed right now, got quoted £80 which I didn't think was bad as he's having to paint the whole top half of the door hopefully have it back later today!

[​IMG]

25. Car booked in for a remap at rs tuning on Friday, can't wait to see what the end put out will be, hopefully 300+ like they say is possible!

26. Should be good either way :smile:

27. Well had a trip here yesterday
    [​IMG]

must say Paul is a top top bloke, very helpful and knows his stuff!

[​IMG]

Was very happy with the results, was surprised/impressed with the stock output which was 263 which I was not expecting anyways here's the graph of the results! It made 302 first run but he said it would drop slightly cos of the heat or something!

[​IMG]

the car has completely changed, it wasn't a slouch to start with but no it's a whole different level, picks up way quicker and just keeps on pulling and pulling! I'm loving it haha

28. Well the maps been done a few weeks now and I must say am still loving having it done, car hasn't missed a beat since it being done either, through other peoples feed back I knew I would be getting a brilliant map and have no need to worry but in the first couple of weeks I was a little hesitant just incase! Never the less I would highly recommend anyone to do it and get it done at rs tuning!

29. Also just ordered so gloss black vinyl wrap so I can finally wrap the crappy grey 'splitter' part at the bottom as it's something that always annoys me!

30. [​IMG]

Well this arrived today so that sorted out the boot problem which was getting worse and a lot more annoying, think am going to seal around the edges to stop any more water getting in and causing the same problem in the future!

31. So I've decided that I wanna wrap the plastics around the wing mirrors gloss black to match the front and the door pillars, only managed to have time to wrap these bits each side. As it is my first ever attempt at wrapping it's not perfect but it good enough, should hopefully be able to get the rest done soon!

[​IMG]

32. Took the car out for a blast today and took some pics (only iPhone) I did take loads more but cba uploading them all so heres just a couple

IMG_2475_zpst4etbgqt.jpg

[​IMG]