Which winner racing cooler?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Krissg, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Hi all. I'm gonna take a punt on winner racing intercooler but there are several different ones at similar but not the same price. When looking at the seller there is:
    Winner racing tuning
    Winner racing auto
    Winner racing spares

Can anyone send me a link to one they have bought please? Thanks

2. I got mine straight from winner_racing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-PERF...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19ce4b8cbe is the link to the one i got. TBH though i'd just go for the cheapest..... may be worth checking about import tax's, the guy i got it from assured me that they pay the import tax and it comes via Holland, so i paid a little more i think than the cheaper ones on ebay but had an email from "dave" saying that there would be no import charges - so if i did get stung i was going to claim it back via paypal

3. Thanks for that. Well I did some investigative work and sent all the companies a message and saw who replied as "Dave" haha
    I have messaged him about the import duties and said they can't guarantee there will be no charges as he can't send them the same way anymore but I'm gonna have a punt and just hope I get lucky I guess.
    How do you rate the product?
    Cheers

4. No worries fella

For the price mate you can't go wrong IMO, i did some datalogging ages ago when i bought it and it performed exactly as it said on the tin!

Almost 30% (i worked out 29. something) better cooling than the standard intercooler, only thing is you will probably need to trim the bracket that is part of the radiator, or modify the bracket on the actual intercooler but for the price you cant go wrong!

5. The welding etc isn't the prettiest but tbh i don't really care, it works how it should and that's the important bit to me.
    I researched winner racing products before i bought it and they generally got good reviews i remember reading about an Evo (i think) that had one who did loads of data logging with it and other inter coolers running about 400-450bhp and he concluded that it was fine for the job, admittedly not quite as good as the brand names but it still did the job with no drama!

6. Im in the same boat , not sure how all this import tax stuff works lol.

7. MDP91, if your not in a rush I'm gonna order one in the next few days so should have it in a few weeks and I can let you know what the import situation is.

8. I have explained this numerous times. As director of a company that imports / exports trust me on this one .

All products ( if discovered ) are liable to ( if outside the EU )

20% VAT added one
    10% duty added one ( this varies depending on product to product, but for 90% of car stuff it is 10% )
    A handling fee. I cant tell you how much that is as it depends on the carrier.

It all depends on who your carrier is.

Most chinese companies use EMS to ship their stuff , it rarely gets intercepted. Some chinese companies ship to a reseller ( normally a family member ) inside the EU. You wont be liable for the tax if going from EU to EU

Budget to get stung , and surprise the wife if your not.

9. As I explained though he mentioned he does send it via EU (Holland) anymore for what reason I don't know but like you say. Expect the cost, bonus if you don't have to pay! :smile:

10. And I just told you why he does that.

So you dont get any import + Vat

11. Typo- he DOESNT send via holland anymore.

12. I bet thats cos he kept on getting stung by tax !

Ask for it to be shipped via EMS ( Chinese postal service ) its a little slower than say DHL but a lot less likely to be inspected and VAT correction + duty.

13. Nice one yes please mate.

14. Have I just typed for sweet FA? I have told you the situation. I have told you the law and what could , or couldn't happen.
    I have ACTUALLY done this before. Even with an intercooler. I ran a group buy on here.

15. Steady on andybond.
    You said you'd done it when it got shipped via EU. Now it doesn't it's a different scenario.
    Granted not all will be the same but if I get charged there's a likelyhood others will too.
    Appreciate you knowledge though. Thanks

16. I didnt say it got shipped via the EU.

I imported many.
    Some I got sent by DHL for speed.
    Some I used by EMS

ALL were shipped from China.

17. Ok cool cheers. Il ask the question but it's a bit of pot luck like u say depending on courier.

18. Cooler arrived this morning! Just 10 days from making payment! There was £23 duty to pay but I can live with that! :smile:
    Try get it fitted tomorrow!

19. Boom, got any pics? ?

20. Yes il pop some up tommorow pal. Looks decent enough to me! :smile:

21. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

23. those welds do look shoddy!

24. Shoddy in what respect? I'm no welder so just curious!

25. matt e

compare yours to a forge intercooler welds, you get what you pay for though

forgea3intercooler4.jpg

Whats the dimensions of the core of you intercooler?

26. To be fair the welds aren't the prettiest but does that really matter? As long as there up for the job!
    I'd rather save 300+ quid over having pretty welding

27. From what i can remember i think my winner racing inter cooler was advertised as :-

• Core Size: W244mm×H635mm×T60mm
    • Overall Size:W302mm×H795mm×T110mm
    Although from what i remember when i measured it it was a few mm bigger

28. ^^^^
    What he said.
    Is really just aesthetics. I don't expect the same quality but for a third of the price I can't moan! :smile:

29. There have been pages of arguments over it before, you pay for quality AND performance. It wont perform as well as say the forge, so yes, you get exactly what you pay for.

if you are just driving it around ln the road the chinese spec will probably be ok

30. No arguments here matty! Haha
    But when you say "probably ok" it's proven considerably better than OEM so it will do for me.

31. Paul from rs tuning told me it's only the welds that let it down. Core is all good. And a bargain for what it is.

32. Always been happy with my Chinese cooler

33. They are much heavier than the forge unit too, I fitted one of these a while back on an R26, the welds are bad but it's decent for the price, when I bought a forge one for my old R26 about 4 years ago they were much cheaper than they are now!

34. Seriously though, weight? It's maybe a few kg heavier but in a road car? How much fuel you have in is going to make more difference.
    But it's all back to the point of you get what you pay for. Simple.

35. I think there are a few variants of the cooler. Some are bar and plate , some tube and fin.

36. matt e

received the one i posted yesterday, not to sure how much larger it is than the standard one though

15363619910_fbc8b4bf11_c.jpg Intercooler by mattageaton, on Flickr

15549260625_08f0e39df0_c.jpg Welds by mattageaton, on Flickr

outlet was a bit dented, should be able to fix that though

15546579231_9c9ba14e5a_c.jpg Outlet bent by mattageaton, on Flickr

Does anybody know the standard intercooler dimensions?

37. I still disagree with that, there has never been any back to back independent testing of all the intercoolers, the only testing that springs to mind is from k-tec who catagorically said the forge was shit tbh! With temperatures still climbing at the red line on there test.

Data is the only thing that will prove it, i'm a scientist by trade so opinions without facts don't hold much water with me!

There's a fair few people with Chinese intercoolers who track it with no issues, loads of the french on the french forums run the re branded Chinese intercooler and Haomaru from mexico on here has had no issues and it gets damn hot in Mexico!

Even Paul at RStuning has said that the core is good and its a bargain!

38. Im not saying they wont work, just saying you pay for quality and superior performance

i had a pace 60mm intercooler, never ran higher than 2deg above ambient when driving hard on the road. At a 30deg ambient track day at snett last summer i think it peaked at 6deg above ambient

if the chinese cooler did that id eat my hat. So as i have said, it may be better than the standard unit but not on par with the proper coolers, plus its not exactly hard to be better than the std unit, that thing spikes 20odd under 1 gear of wot!