which tyres should i buy

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by JJZ, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JJZ

JJZ

hi guys how’s everyone doing mot is due in 2 weeks can anybody recommend a good all year round tyre for wet and dry no track time just road use thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. PS4, or PS4S (might struggle to get 18" sizes), or Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

JJZ likes this.
  3. JJZ

JJZ

cheers john iv read PS2 or PS3 are a good all year round tyre thanks for reply. [emoji1303]

4. I used to run PS2 15yrs ago on my 172 Cup. Great tyres then. Bit old hat now. PS4 will be best in cold/wet.

5. JJZ

JJZ

what make are these PS4

6. Michelin

JJZ likes this.
  7. JJZ

JJZ

quit hard to get these in 225/40/18 iv been looking on black circles web site can anybody recommend a couple of websites for me thanks.

8. JJZ likes this.
  9. In 225 the best road tyre you can get imo is the Goodyear supersports. £79 each at Camskill. Or go for the Michelin PS4 if you want something slightly less "sporty" but slightly more comfortable and harder wearing than the supersports. £82 each for those.

JJZ likes this.
  10. JJZ

JJZ

thanks guys for all the recommendations [emoji1303]

11. +1 on the Goodyear F1 Supersports. The Goodyear F1 Assymetrics are excellent as well

12. +2. Goodyear F1 supersports for me too.

13. What I'm running too. Good tyres but do wear faster than PS4 I had previously.

JJZ likes this.
  14. JJZ

JJZ

so i was going to go with these ones guys eagle f1 are these the ones you mean fb4943cf328b6b9e7fd19e94726ea309.jpg

15. JJZ

JJZ

what’s the difference between these two tyres super sport 927db4263fd897add4c84cc8e3a75e84.png
    a193b61ae0a025a939992722a50951eb.png

16. Search on here - there was a review somewhere. The RS is a more serious race tyre and the R is better for the road, as I understand it. The Assymetric 5 should be quality as well and Looks like they were doing a multi buy deal on Blackcircles

JJZ likes this.
  17. I just checked - I had the normal Supersports fitted, not the R or the RS version - they both more track focussed. Have a look on Goodyear’s website. Tells you more about them

JJZ likes this.
  18. JJZ

JJZ

i was going to go with the asymmetric 5 eagle f1 super sport i’ll give black circles a ring tmrw and discuss it with them thanks again billy [emoji120]

19. stick with f1 supersport as also gives outstanding wet control, the goodyear ays 5 was their 'learning tyre' in attempt to catch up with Michelin's PS4 and then PS4S which they've easily done with supersport

JJZ and Paddy80 like this.
  20. JJZ

JJZ

just been reading all the reviews on black circles website on all the tyres mentioned above but it’s very mixed reviews there is a lot of hype for the PS4 so i’m torn between the PS4,or the eagle f1 not much difference in price either so i’ll ring black circles tmrw and discuss it with them and thanks for all positive feedback [emoji120]

21. two ways look at this...speak to tyre seller whose knowledge and priority is in selling tyres and near zero knowledge on their abilities or....take advice from folk who've done all the research over many years, use these tyres and many others all time...it's kind of what forums are for really

JJZ likes this.
  22. If it's performance you want go for the Supersport which are direct competition for the PS4S but at a much better price. If you want a bit more longevity and tyre that still operates very well in the winter go for the PS4. Either way I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Would only call blackcircles to discuss price, you'll get much better advice on here. Goodluck.

BillyA, Vulcan3 and JJZ like this.
  23. JJZ

JJZ

yes i agree folk on here defo know what they are talking about they have tried these tyres out and know which is best black circles don’t really care they just want to sell you any tyre i have thanks guys. [emoji120]

24. 100% you have to try the Asymmetric 5's, they are so good in the wet, handled the 388hp of my 265 in the wet so well and dry grip is excellent.

JJZ likes this.
  25. outstanding comment..100% correct.To be fair,all of the mentioned tyres will be perfectly acceptable.

ianplymouth and JJZ like this.
  26. JJZ

JJZ

ok guys will go for the tyres mentioned above cheers [emoji120]

27. Just a bit of a heads up on the 5's, i did Oulton Park on the 5th December, it was cold and dry to start with, so was running my 595's, as the day progressed it got damp and wetter, so the asymmetric 5's went on.

On looking at my video's for the day, i was 9 seconds slower on the 5's in the wet.

JJZ likes this.
  28. JJZ

JJZ

hi ian well that proves that the 5s are not good in the wet and on track i’m just looking for a road tyre that’s gonna last a couple of years good tread in wet and dry an all year round tyre

29. .....Ah...the order is tall here

JJZ likes this.
  30. JJZ

JJZ

i know another discussion on tyres bobsan [emoji2357] we’ll be here for weeks now its like a mine field choosing tyres so many options lol [emoji2369][emoji23]

31. Sure is and good place get idea of what you need v’s what’s available but best all is the leg works been done so most stuff is tried, tested and proven already

JJZ likes this.
  32. JJZ

JJZ

so decided to go with the eagle f1 super sport in the end but wasn’t sure which to choose between theses two. a512c9f2edd365b58d24c94f52100b09.jpg

33. Have no idea - one says Audi so I would avoid that one? Might be a special rim fitment for Audi or something, I have no idea.

34. MO Mercedes
    AO Audi
    N3 Porsche
    MFS flange protection
    XL extra load
    SI euro noise compliant
    ....go with XL

also why not go size larger 235 40 18 more choice plus look way better

JJZ and BillyA like this.
  35. The Audi AO one has been manufactured to Audi's own specification for their cars. Only buy if you have an Audi!

JJZ likes this.
  36. 235`s are not stretched over the wheel like a 225 is.Makes a standard arch gap look even bigger.
    I swear the car rides better on 235`s as well..but many will disagree..
    must be a reason why Renault had 235`s on the R26.

JJZ likes this.
  37. JJZ

JJZ

can you have 235-40-18 in the front and 225-40-18 on the back will this mess with the ride and tracking by any chance.

38. JJZ

JJZ

does anybody know where camskill deliver there tyres is it to your post code or the nearest tyre shop in your area and does it cost money then to get them fitted or is this included in the price when you purchases them on there website.

39. probally not,as you are only talking 10mm..but certtainly not what you want.

JJZ likes this.
  40. What do you mean by that statement, i they were so good in the wet on track, the only cars that went passed me were on full race wets and they weren't getting away that much.
    on the road they are stonking, going to be putting them on the R26 when i need them.