265 Which remapper to choose

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Frimley111R, Oct 16, 2015.

1. I have seen a loot about going to RS Tuning for a remap but they are a long way away from me (I am in Surrey). There's not much posted about other tuners on here but I know K-TEC and Superchips and a few others do this too. Despite the favouritism to RS Tuning (who seem to indeed be good) is there actually anything wrong with or any reason to avoid any of the other tuners who are nearer? Apart from the tow I have mentioned are there any others i should consider? All prices seem to be about the same too.

Also, how does it work on a 265 with the 'Sport' button giving 15bhp more? Is it something like 290bhp or 305bph with the button pressed?

2. I travelled from Edinburgh to use rs tuning and I'd do it again.

3. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I wouldn't let Ktec map a road atlas.

4. I had RS tuning map the 250. People slag all of them off, RS , Ktec & numerous others. Its horses for courses thou, no doubt someone will come along & moan about the issue they had with RS, but, i had no problems with them. They highlighted an issue as to why i could`nt acheive the power that i should have got with the mods i had done, so i went with what they said, & they were right, my Airtec intercooler had a fault. Although they always seem to be snowed under & slightly chaotic, i would recommend RS tuning. My trip was a 540 mile round trip, so not exactly local.

5. ^^^^ what he says, i live down near brands hatch, its a long way to RS tuning, but they really know these Renaults. The are snowed under because us Renault people trust them, for me, its well worth the trip north, the journey home is usually fun : )

6. My mate has a mapped 265, 250 on standard hit the sport button and the other 53 bhp is released

7. :wink:

8. Go to RS Tuning it's worth it,never heard a bad word said about them tbh

9. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Go to RS Tuning, I live near you and it's well worth the drive up.

10. Lol

11. Considered the Rs tuner route?

12. Do they have problems with their mapping, I've not heard of any

13. If you venture over to cliosport you would get the answer pretty quickly mate

14. Yes. Just a few Steve.

15. Yeah plenty of KTEC horror stories on Cs, something to do with ecu adaption values etc

16. I too wanted to give another mapper a go when I was having mine done, to cut a long story short, I still ended up at rstuning and to be honest I wish I'd just done it from the off. There is a genuine reason why people rate them especially Paul - all the talk about them isn't just a band wagon. The 6 hr round trip was well worth it and I'll be doing it again when I finally get to swap my sh*t hybrid for a better one!

17. I might have to take a visit to RS Tuning !

18. Hi,
    I have used K-Tec (Andy Cutler) and currently have a car with an RS Tuning map on it. Both cars (R26's) have been driven on road and track and neither has had a problem with the maps. I sometimes wonder if the issues that are mentioned between the companies are more to do with personal preference? Call them both (they are the people with the most experience) and have a chat and go with your gut feel...

19. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

lol

20. A couple of members have had custom remaps done at Unicorn Developments in Stockport, Manchester.

They got good power and results, much cheaper than other tuners.

I think thats where i'll go as its only 20 mins from me.

21. I've heard very good things about unicorn through someone who uses a guy who maps clios very well. He's seen a unicorn map on a Megane and was impressed, a refreshing change I think his worlds were. Which from what I've been told is not a ten a penny comment.

My choices were there £300
    or buy a tuner at £230 ish

22. So the conclusion is that there is nowhere local to Surrey/Sussex which knows how to remap? :worried:

I'd love to get this done. Can't RS Tuning pack their stuff up into a van and come down here for a day? :wink:

23. I'm probably going to be using K-tec to map my 250 but i'm very interested to read these 'horror stories' on their mapping ??

Can someone point me to useful threads on this ?

24. My car made 150lbs torque more at 2500rpm with rstuning vs ktec

25. That's a lot

26. Dyno graph on my thread somewhere

27. I used to use Ktec a lot when I had my Clio, never had a problem with them, though never had them map my car.
    Will have to research further in to this as I was going to use them to map my R26.... Shame as they are very local to me