275 which piggy back/plug and play.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Downunder, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Hey Guys.

I have a2014 RS275 and I am looking at getting an off the shelf piggy back/plug & play for it.

I know.... best to have it custom done but where I live....... it is not going to happen.

I have been looking at Superchips Bluefinn, Racechip, TMC Motorsport and a few others but I cannot decide which to go for.

If you have a piggy back system fitted to your RS275 can you please post which and thoughts.

Cheers

Mark.

2. I previously fitted a Bluefin to my 250 and wasn't overly impressed with the feel of it, it just felt too boosty. I took the car to Engine Dynamics to have a cam-belt service and check-over and asked them to stick it on the dynos while it was there - they were not complimentary about the map at all and advised to remove it ASAP as amongst other things it was running extremely lean.

So my 2p would be not to fit the Bluefin, I cant comment on t'others.

3. Your 2p is worth a pound...... thank you for taking the time.

4. Wouldnt touch none of them with a bargepole. Get the rs tuner, either direct from fastchip or paul at rs tuning uses them for his remote mapping, abit more pricer than what youve mentioned, but you get what you pay for.

jjones82 likes this.
  5. Thanks, you are welcome. Conversely I've used Superchips/Bluefin many times though on other cars and have been really happy.

As Ryan above has said, you pay for what you get, and what you really want is a bespoke map....

I personally would hold off until you can work the logistics to take the car somewhere reputable.

6. As ryan said above. If you do want a remote map (nowt wrong with it if its good) id personally go with fastchip and use their rstuner.
    Henk has allways been well regarded for his maps. Some people complained about his customer service (ive never had a problem, allways found him spot on) But it appears to have massively improved recently.

They have a ticket system on their website for questions etc nowadays and ive allways had a response within 24hrs.

Henk (fastchip) offers a stage 1 and stage 2 plug and play map. Or you can pay extra for a custom map.

If you do decide to go the custom route with henk I would recommend the pro version of the rstuner as you can connect a wideband for the afr logging. Which means henk can reduce the safety margins of the map (I.e. more power), although its not essential.

Comes with a handy performance analyser festure too. Where u find a flat straight bit of road floor it from 2k rpm to the redline in 3rd gear and it works out your torque/ hp etc.

Paul at rstuning offers the same box and service bit it is more expensive.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

7. The bluefin stage 2 map came with my 250 had to get it remapped again.

It was hitting a boost cut at high rpm causing limp mode. Also has random misfiring issues.

All sorted with another remap.