275 Which panel filter?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Cribert, May 25, 2016.

1. so I'd like to stick an aftermarket filter in my 275. What's the general consensus? I realise I won't get more power but would like a bit more noise. Ktr do a panel filter as do bmc and itg. What are folk going for on here?

2. I purchased a Ramair panel filter yesterday, it's still to arrive so can report back then :smile:.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I went for a k&n

Sounds lovely, nice and whistley

Normally I'm an ITG man, but from what I can see they don't make one for the mk3?

4. I've got a k&n in my 250, can hear it inside with the foam taken out if radio off

5. Ramair here. Removed the foam and it sounds good.

6. Cheers guys. I'll look into them. £50 for a panel filter is silly money so don't want to get one where I won't hear a difference

7. I purchased my Ramair from their eBay shop. Offered them £23 and they accepted it with free postage. Bargain compared to the ktec and itg equivalent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Nice one! I'll look at that definitely. Cheers man

9. £50 isn't silly money for a panel filter that's designed to be used and washed/cleaned for many many years :wink: (K&N)

If its purely noise you want then a cone would be better for that.

10. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Your not going to get noise with a panel filter

11. No panel filter will make any more noise than the next, so long as its in a standard airbox :wink:

12. Disagree.

I removed the foam and put a ramair filter in and the noise did increase.

13. Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting it to sound unbelievable but maybe a bit better would be good. Removed the foam and noticed a small improvement in noise. IKs are too expensive

14. I have a BMC yes you do get a suck noise, never as good as an induction kit, but half the price and 10 times easier to fit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. Similar here, get a bit more noise on power but more you can hear the BOV venting when you come off the throttle. Doesn't sounds too pikey I think.... Kinda got used to it though too.