Which Hot Hatch's Do You See On The Roads The Most?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by danmc_82, Aug 29, 2021.

1. I'm always on the lookout for another R26 which gets me noticing lots of other hot hatches.

Which ones are common as muck for you?

My top 3 are...

Seat Leon FR
    Corsa SXI/SRI
    BMW 1 Series

The Seat especially are everywhere.

2. I owned a Leon ST FR for 5 years. Did 130k miles in it. Never let me down.

3. Golf R’s and fiesta ST’s, near me.

4. loads of german stuff,and fords ST`s for modern hot hatches.
    What i havnt seen until today is any facelifted model Civic Type R FK8`s.
    Its bigger than my mates M2!..hot hatch the size of a saloon car.

5. Modern day Type R's remind me of Hot Wheels Cars lol.

6. I sold my RS250 and purchased a 69 plate FK8, it was a lovely car but felt so big inside and out. The paint chipped so easily and I cracked the screen twice. I upgraded the intake and gear shift bushes which improved the car further, I also run it on 19 inch wheels. After a year and 10,000 miles I made the decision to sell it and purchase another Megane. KW suspension Uk couldn’t believe that i’d swapped a Fk8 for a Megane, I told them that I didn’t believe that there was a great deal of difference between a FK8 and a we’ll sorted Megane, maybe a racing driver would find one :smile:
    There was a limited yellow FK8 at snetterton on Tuesday nights track day.
    The Megane just feels good.

7. Sorry
    Golf r
    Focus and Fiesta ST’s old and new.
    Focus RS
    A few mk2 Megane’s and a couple mk3’s
    I30n performance
    Cupra r’s
    Audi s3
    I do live in Essex.

8. S3's & 135i/140i seem to be the most popular choice around here.

Cupra r's are becoming more popular, the golf R craze seems to have faded.

9. ha ha..yeah from when i was a kid.The width of these cars now..Its half as wide as my R26 again!...if i drove that round our country lanes,i would be knocking bits off!

danmc_82 likes this.
  10. they get such high praise in the press.but as you say,its anything but a hot hatch..saloon car size these days.

11. There's one of those about 30m away from me right now. So that's 2 of the 20 in the UK.

I wouldn't pay 50k for a civic mind.

12. bit like RS Fords..people pay way over the top.

Ian Hughes likes this.
  13. Yes I think they do. I appreciate the car is a limited edition, but when my neighbour first moved in a few weeks ago, he opened up with, it's only one of 20 you know and also dropped the 50k civic into chat at least three times.

Researching them, I'd prefer to buy a normal fk8 and spend a few thousand putting a trick diff in it, stickier tyres and if required improved suspension. You will keep the air con too

14. Fiesta and focus STs but then I am from Essex [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15. Seems like all Renault Sport owners live in Essex, no wonder I never see any in Derby :smile:

16. Firstly after 2 and a bit months of megane ownership I've not seen another one lol, rare as.

Living in Warwickshire, home of one of the Ford plants we get ALOT of ford's. ST's everywhere, owning both fiesta and focus they are great cars just not as serious as the megane. Very comfortable, good power and handling with good tech and specs. The megane is raw and on track is amazing.

Apart from this we also get quite a few high powered jags being that Gaydon is around the corner and also for some reasons loads of M2's, 4 on the estate.

However handsdown the best car on the estate is a Yaris GR... its just cool.

17. Special addition has very little over the standard FK8.Unique yellow colour,minimal weight reduction,forged alloys,PS Cup 2`s and slightly revised geo.Everything else is the same,including the diff.Honda was probally going to take back the Ring lap record with it,but covid scuppered that idea.As you say,just a few choice tweeks,and youu will have the same spec as the limited addition for many thousands less.I bet they all sold out though.If you can get past the looks,the FK8 is a thoroughly engineered machine.But you will pay handsomely even for the standard version...Hot hatches are getting expensive these days..

18. yeah,seen my first yaris GR last week in the metalic red colour.Toyota hit the jackpot with that car, reviving the rally stage special single handedly..Bet no one thought it would be such a sales hit..

Ian Hughes likes this.
  19. Fiesta ST’s, Golf R’s and AMG Mercs are probably the top 3 around here. I see a Orange MK4 Megane RS at the same time each morning in Grange Over Sands (if i’m lucky enough to get that run at work) they look massive and awesome. Rarely see any Renault Sports unfortunately and I’m a wagon driver

20. Loads of mk7 fiesta st with there stage 100 pop and bang map, fair few Yaris GR’s cropping up and a load of mk2 focus st. Coming up to 2 years ownership and have only seen a couple Megane’s around here.

21. I've seen a couple as per my spotted post, but apart from that, no others

22. Thats Yaris GR looks like a great car. Wonder what sort of power it'll offer after a remap.

23. it basically has the engine in it that Toyota was going to take rallying,and has been bulit using some exotica.But being a small cc,its never going to run huge power,and stay reliable.

danmc_82 likes this.
  24. The yaris is a glorified impreza. Wheelbase is almost identical, as is the size and weight.

danmc_82 likes this.
  25. The Yaris looks superb, sounds incredible and its one of the biggest talking points..... the reviews are fantastic and yaris vs .... on you tube show that its a well sorted car.

Also i think its a money earner, an instant classic type thing. I mean come on, its a Yaris that eats other cars in its class for breakfast :smiley:

26. its full of middle to old aged bald men (like me) who want to tell the youngens how great their yaris is.

Lopes3d, Kyle_R26 and D7DPJ like this.
  27. Same as rs Megane’s then :tearsofjoy:

Mr Spoon likes this.
  28. Im bald but not middle aged yet :tearsofjoy:

Mr Spoon likes this.