R26 Which fuel to use with a RS Tuning remap?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Yorkshire_LY, May 6, 2018.

1. Is there a certain grade of fuel to use with the RS Tuning R26 remap? Does it make a big difference and is it bad to use cheap fuel like Morrisons?

rTEM likes this.
  2. V power, i am sure rs tunning even recommends it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mikey4410 likes this.
  3. v power or BP ultimate
    wouldn't even use supermarket rubbish in my daily hack

4. I have always used tesco ultimate..it was rated the highest octane of them all in tests.
    Used it since it came out years ago,and recorded about as high a rating, as a standard engine could hope for.
    After a stage 1 on RS Tuning s rollers..260hp/285lb/ft.

5. Should be using a 97ron fuel, I use Esso, find it good

6. My standard R26 ran crap on Momentum so only use V Power now, runs perfect :smile:

7. been reading threads on various forums about comparisons between`premium` fuels.
    momentum and v power are both 99 ron.
    Vpower a more advanced fuel.where momentum gets its 99 rating from cheaper additives.
    opinions are split between who prefers what..seems to vary from car to car.

All i can say is my own car has run faultless on it for many years.
    Basically if your car can stomach it..all the high octane fuels, seem to give similar performance results.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

V power or Momentum.

9. If you run a performance car you should really be using a decent fuel these cars will be recommended to use over 98 ron anyway as standard from factory. Just put v power or Momentum in.

Wouldn't go into to much of the in and outs maybe just use whats closer to you. V power is closer to me so i use that plus i like the association with motorsport Shell has like f1 Ferrari and stuff not that it probably means it better though lol. costco now even do 99 ron now lol,

As for remapping you will make more power with a better fuel. I was up at Rstuning a few years ago and some lads wife filled his car with asda 95 the day before and made 10bhp less.

Unless you have no access to better fuel getting it mapped on 99 all day long would be better.

10. Driving the car was fine but when idleing, it wasn’t happy at all. I replaced the injectors with brand new ones 12 months previous and was popping etc like IMd refitted the 9 year old ones. Once I had done around 100 miles on V Power it ran smoother than it ever has. Every car and every garage is different and every storage tank and tanker trailer is different too. Too many varying factors to put it down to one reason for it not running right on one fuel and running perfect on another :smile:

11. yep..exactly this..pay your money..make your choice!

12. Shell super unleaded makes about 6bhp difference and if it’s horrible cheap supermarket fuel the map won’t be anywhere near as good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Really? wow,didnt know there was bhp differences - ive been running it on Morrisons for the last year.

14. than what?

15. All I know is did a load of work and had the car mapped on supermarket fuel it doesn’t burn as well. Took them ages to sort I eventually went back after running super unleaded and it made 6bhp difference and the map wasn’t as lumpy! Which is a technical term!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikeyjp likes this.
  16. Well it goes OK now :smile:

Jon Birkett likes this.
  17. Ok ive put V Power in today....£50 for 3 quarters of a tank - works about £8 more for a full tank than cheap stuff - hope its worth it hehe!

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Even if you don't notice the extra performance, the additional cost should be offset with increased MPG

Canky likes this.
  19. Big Uno

Big Uno RSM Trader

Another point is if the car has already been mapped on a certain fuel at the time it would be wise to run that fuel, or above.

I have always used v-power personally but have friends who also swear by momentum and ultimate, they are down to preference really.

Higher octane fuels generally produce a more consistant ignition, and can potentially allow for a finer tune of advance. Not that any road going map should be that far pushed of course.
    My last Focus RS was mapped on vpower, with the CP420 kit, the one time only it ran on general 95 fuel was when shell was closed and I needed fuel ASAP, it ran like complete crap and the difference was noticable.