Which exhaust?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by SilveR26, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Hi

Anyone that has seen my introduction post will see that I am in the process of having the engine the rebuilt due to the alternator bolt sheering off and taking out the cambelt.
    As a result I figure now would be the right time to also change the exhaust on my R26 and am looking for recommendations. I'm leaning towards the 3" cat back from K Tec racing at the minute but also interested in the Milltek cat back 2.75". I don't want anything that will drone on long journeys and be annoying but would like something a bit throatier than the original.

Thanks in advance.

2. I have the miltek on mine.. Honestly I would prefer it to be a bit louder... But my car has gone from day to day... To a bit of an asbo weekend car lol

I've heard the cgr exhaust in person... And honestly that would be my choice, it's expensive but looks and sounds incredible!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks for your response. CGR are only about 30mins from me and would be keen to support local business but with the other expense ive got with the car at the moment I'm not sure I can justify spending the best part of £800 on the exhaust. They do look pretty special though.
    Mine is a daily so keen to avoid anything that could become annoying on a daily basis.

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

imprezaworks likes this.
  5. I have the CGR Titanium exhaust on mine.If you went 3" with the 3" decat,it would be to loud for day to day road use.
    So a 2.75 system should be the way forward if you want a bit more sound.
    Even cat back...the CGR is borderline...Not a problem for me,as my car is a garage queen.
    The pure motorsport system,is probably the best made without getting into the big bucks.And Ian is a top bloke..so you could do far worse than buying ians system from him.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    imprezaworks and ianplymouth like this.
  6. Got the Miltec cat back on mine. Fits great and good quality. Thought it was still a little quiet but my family know I'm home before I get there so it can't be that quiet. I have come from a kit cars, vx220 and land rovers so my idea of noisy might be different to others. Don't really get any pops and bangs. Induction kit and properfekt recirc valve help with additional noise though. :smile:

7. Mine had a straight through miltek, pretty loud tbh! It was already on the car so I cant comment on the difference to the standard exhaust.

The downpipe cracked so I've swapped that for a 3" from rs tuning, will be interesting to hear if the slighty wider downpipe has changed the exhaust note.

8. ianplymouth

Mine had a decat pipe as well, it just scrapped through the noise limit at Thruxton and that's 90db, was running 320hp

9. My CGR system is designed to also just get under the 90DB limit.

10. What air filter do you guys use?

When I first bought the car it had a huge mesh cone that wasn't even fixed to the intake, I swapped it for a foam filter with a solid connector and it dramatically reduced the noise!

11. Thanks Ian, does this have the mid and rear silencer? Would you be able to send me any pics of the system?

12. ianplymouth

Its a non resonated system, no centre box but does have a rear box.
    I will get some pics sorted for you tonight

13. Great, thanks.

14. Pipercross filter, ktec 3" turbo back [emoji3] 872a459ede8c02478be8b98d262ab707.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

15. i have the KTEC kit in mine.It defiantly gives the car more push at the top end.