Where are all the Renault dealers?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by NotaDiesel!!!, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Years ago I had a clio trophy and had local dealer within walking distance of my house.

That closed years ago.

When I came back a coupld of years ago. Had a service only dealership 8 miles away. Called up to book service and they don't do renault any more.

So there is a gap between Brighton and Southampton without dealer?

Can't even find a dealer never mind one with familiarity of rs.... wonder if they know what ohlins are!

I know most don't use dealers. But i am still under warranty with a service plan.

I am heading north.

2. Not sure of the distance between Brighton and Southampton but here in Northern Ireland I have 4 dealers all within 12 miles of me in various directions.

Lee collins likes this.
  3. I had the same problem up until a year or so ago. Closest dealers to me in Reading were Old Basing (Basingstoke basically) and Swindon. Neither were exactly convenient! As you say, seemed to bit of a hole in dealership coverage.

Not sure what they were playing at. For many years there had been a dealership in Reading and Wokingham. Thankfully there is one in Reading again now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

4. Portsmouth Hendy unless it's closed?

5. Sorry you are right. Portsmouth.

Still got to be 50 mile gap on one of the most heavily populated areas of country.

No problems with bmw dealers. Probably 3 to 4 in same space.

When I had a subaru and skoda years ago it was the same 30 Mile's away now they are on the doorstep.

I thought renault was in bed with Nissan. Surprised there is not more tie ups.

6. Place called Rogate has one too, it's about 15 miles north of Chichester.

7. My old man lives in Hampshire so just going off memory.

8. They have a few service centres. Just north of coastal belt at other dealers. Some even sell used cars but don't do new.

9. Of course it's all very well having a local dealer but if when you arrive on Saturday morning at 8:30 to discover they haven't actually booked you in as agreed, you may as well not bother at all.

The car is out of warranty this month so I won't waste my time with those cretins again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk