225 Wheel offset Megane 225

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Joonas Järvinen, Mar 2, 2020.

1. I know this topic has been asked a million times but here i go.

I was about to buy wheels with offset 40 (with 18" 225/40 tyres), seller sent me an email that they may not fit. So I searched the internet and found out that 40 probably wont fit and 45 is close and that i should get offset more than 50 ? (which are pain to find)

However what got me confused is that K-tec racing offers 18" wheels only with ET45.

So can someone confirm that ET45 will be fine ?

2. You really need 45 minimum 50 is better, or higher.

It will also depend on what make the wheels are, some have deep recesses to make it easier to get tyres on, but then they will not clear the calipers.

3. 45 offset is way of the standard 67,so expect them to effect the scrub radius as well.
    I had a second set of 45 offset wheels as well,buy always thought they made the cars handling feel odd.

4. I had 45 offset wheels on my 225 and tracked it without any issues, mind you i never drove one with standard wheels on :laughing:

5. yeah..i know what you mean..but the car behaves different on the standard offset wheels.It should do really,as the contact patch of the tyres will have changed 22mm.

6. did those wheels have camber added?

7. not to start with, had standard non cup suspension

8. In proportion to the width its not a great increase 1/2 of 1% maybe :laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. i found it would track cambers and ruts more on the 45 offset wheels.

Si271 likes this.
  10. My 265 tracks a bit, but i put that down to our shite roads, 3 degrees of front camber and maybe the tracking is out after my glancing blow of the barrier at the ring :openmouth:

11. width no..but where the tyres make contact with the road.There must be a reason why Renualt use the very high offest they do compared to almost everyone else.The car always looks under wheeled as they sit so far inside the arches.
    Also my R26 on standard height suspension looked absolutely stupid on 45 wheels..looked like a moon buggy for some reason!

12. on stock suspension

293a0715-d154-4aba-98bb-d0ba29d55b91_zpsgcnuc0jc.jpg

13. not the best angle but with BC's and td1.3 8.5 et55 18 wheels 20151009_081232_zpsgjqr5z4y.jpg

14. makes a lot of sense...it does amaze me how complaint the stock suspension set up is,on anything but the crap pest roads.
    as well as the R26`s ability to put down nearly 300lb/ft without the steering wheel tugging all over the shop.

Back in the day,my mates mk2 RS Turbo ,would literally rip the steering wheel out your hands with half that torque!

15. Thank you for your answers.
    I think I will go and try to find wheels with 50 offset, as said anything above that is very hard to come by, atleast here in finland.

16. you never told me you hit the barrier you nutter!

17. Fast forward to 11.30 if the rest bores you :laughing::laughing:

Cold semi slicks and its wet, what could go wrong :laughing::laughing:

18. lucky to get away with that one!...i had a handful of oversteer in mine 2 corners before,and my mate had his Cayman utterly sideways on the same corner,after missing a gear,and foolishly ramming it in gear,and letting out the clutch mid corner all loaded up.Mid engined cars dont like that!

19. Yes it was close, didn't get charged and was able to carry on but with Goodyear asymmetric 3's on instead :laughing::laughing:

20. are those wheels 45 offset 8j mate??
    Anyone got a pic of a r26 with 45 offset and lowered at all. Want to see if its workable

21. Sorry my last message was aimed at Andrew Jeffs, baffles me this forum, swore blind i quoted Andrew!

22. they are...i sold them on is they would make the car behave unruly on bad roads.

Reaper7 likes this.