Wheel alignment on RS265 Cup

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by PTY265, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting the wheel alignment checked since the dealer down here is so new with renaultsport cars that I rather be safe than sorry.

I've looked over here for what the recommended values would be for normal road use but havent found any posts with this, I assume that in the UK the alignment places have that info preset in their machines' database, however down here in Panama, megane rs is not on any database as you can imagine. So if anyone knows this info, much appreciated!

Cheers

2. Anyone? Cmon dont be shy guys

3. Sorry, wouldn't know that sort of thing. Normally take it into the dealer to get done on a special machine.

4. Thanks for the reply, will have to check with the dealer. Here in Panama alignments are not usually done by the dealers.

5. I'm also trying to find alignment values , any joy?

6. Hi man! I don´t remember now(age up, memory down), but I´ve got they in my garage. If you don´t hurry tomorrow take a picture of they and unload here.

7. for road use only thing to adjust is front toe
    F:
    Toe -0.05' each side (0.10' total toe OUT)
    Camber roughly 1.5º per side (not adj)

R:
    Toe: roughly 9' to 15' per side (18' to 30' total toe IN) (not adj)
    Camber roughly .5º (not adj)

8. Much appreciated. So if the only thing I can adjust is front toe, then there's no point taking to 4 wheel alignment? Sorry I'm not very technical, I just read a lot and it sparks my interest.

9. It may be the only thing that can be adjusted, but you will find out if there is something that out of place, i had my tracking done down here on a Hunter wheel aligning machine cost £30, if they adjust.

10. Yer it best if get vehicle as Ian suggest on Hunter or similar just see what’s going on especially the rear toe and camber as they can be bit of lottery both sides being same out the factory

11. If do want get most out you 265 then throw handfuls of money at some aftermarket adjustable coilovers that’ll give front camber and ride height adjustment and for rear fit camber and toe shims to hubs.

12. This is really useful guys, thanks.

13. If that help...
    20200710_111030.jpg

14. It's does thanks. I've contacted a hunter 4 wheel alignment place near me (bromsgrove) and they want £92 to check and make minor adjustments. Does that sound right to you?

15. Well, 92GBP are around 100€. Don´t wanna be that man but, in my opinion is a bit expensive. But maybe those are the normal prices in England. For example, in my garage we use to charge 55€ adjusting cambers and toes on front and back sides.

16. forget that, only thing adjustable if front toe so should be looking at around £42 tops

17. Cheers guys.

18. So if front toe is only thing adjustable then 4 wheel alignment is pointless?

19. Well the device is technically a 4 wheels alignment tool as are all alignment machines it’s just for this vehicle without aftermarket fittings only front toe is adjustable

manugtt and Novaboyracer like this.
  20. Personally I’d get car on a hunter and adjust front toe but get print-out as reference as to rest setting as from factory these can be bit irregular on rear beam, that way can decide if need coilovers and rear camber plates

manugtt and Novaboyracer like this.
  21. Cheers for the advice.

22. Totally agree with bobsan

23. I had mine checked, as they didn't adjust anything they didn't charge me, when the adjusted the tracking on my 225 it was £40, £90 :dizzy: tell then to do one :laughing::laughing::laughing:

24. It will let you know if the rest is as it should be or close to it, if its way out it could have been in an accident or its been slid into a curb

25. Anyone in the west midlands who can recommended a 4 wheel alignment place as general consensus is £92 is a bit steep.