225 What's your stage 1 power?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Azagedon, Nov 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dan@519

Dan@519 RSM Trader

Its doable on anything. Primarily the ignition map is adjusted in closed throttle areas, you can the either stop fuel cut off during deceleration (how older cars are or were mostly) so a little waste fuel enters the exhaust and is ignited by the manifold being hot. Or you can tap the throttle at certain points in the rev range, and this squirts a little fuel in which is ignited in the same way

2. Ok that excites me a little! Childish I know. Will I get pops and flames even though I havnt got a decat? I get a few pops now with just the back box chop.

3. [video=youtube_share;y0rToyNmjZM]http://youtu.be/y0rToyNmjZM[/video]

4. Massive overkill that!

ill do a vid of the 265 in sport mode at some point, pops and bangs on overun, love it!

5. It was a trifle loud.

6. All the videos I have seen have a decat. Anyone know what it would sound like with the standard cat?

7. I had a mid box chop - sounded like this. No decat

[video=youtube_share;hQ8XQ2ebyeY]http://youtu.be/hQ8XQ2ebyeY[/video]

8. Thanks guys. Now I need to decide whether to use ktec after reading lots of reviews. They also told me that the prices are going up in February so provisionally booked me in for next weekend.

9. Don't.use ktec Goto Rst

10. Really? They are miles away. Anyone else in south west?

11. Had mine done at RS tuning and it made 251 bhp

12. Daz

Daz

What mods did you need for 280bhp?

13. Nope...

RS Tuning or Tour de Force...both faultless reps..

Ktec..ahem.

This has been covered dozens of times..pay your money,take your choice.

14. I have to use Fastchip for my remap, but have heard pretty good things about them. I would love to go to RST but it would cost at least £1000 for me as there would be around 450 miles of driving plus ferry charge and accommodation lol

15. Where are Fastchip?

I was thinking of ordering the RS Tuner and do it remotely, not sure how 'custom' this is though?

16. Netherlands.

Fastchip.nl - Henk

17. Dan@519

Dan@519 RSM Trader

are you kidding?

18. ^ lol heard some issues lately but when I had my stage 1 done a year odd ago Matt was great. Pissed my mate about though

19. Netherlands. They do a generic map but you can get a 'custom' map done for around £250 extra. For the unit and stage 1 map it only comes to £270, a lot cheaper than RST

20. I thought it was only 100 extra euro's for a "custom" fastchip map?
    Edit :- just had a look 250 euro's for stage 2 i/c decat etc, or 350 for stage 3 custom mapping

21. Dan@519

Dan@519 RSM Trader

currently rebuilding a race engine because he's mapped it so rich it bore washed. it was richer than 9:1, I can't tell you how much richer as thats off the scale for my wideband

22. As I said had mind done at ktec... Stage 1, panel filter, ktr sports cat and 3" exhaust....map been done well over 12 months... Great improvement... Never missed a beat...good service. 294 bhp and 347 lbft

23. I read about a lot of issues with TDF over on cliosport, fleecing customers for work that was never done or to a ridiculously bad standard etc

24. Oh dear..another one down the pan,for years this lot used RS tuning maps.
    Rs tuning it is then

25. Hi daz

ITG/Ktec style induction kit,forge intercooler/actuator/diverter valve,3 inch cat back exhaust,stage 2 rs tuning remap, 630cc siemens injectors