225 What's your stage 1 power?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Azagedon, Nov 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Just flew through the MOT and booked her in for a remap and decat as a treat. :wink:
    I've got ktr 3" exhaust & induction.

What figures are you guys getting?

2. 265hp/285lb/ft..done at RS Tuning..car standard.
    If you get these type of figures then you wont be disappointed.

3. I was told it will make more than 260 so I'll be dead chuffed with anything above. Few weeks wait!

4. whos doing it?

If its KTEC,watch the torque figure..try to keep it below 300lb/ft.
    thats pushing the standard engine to the limit and i know that ktecs maps have a lot of torque.

5. Tis at ktec yes, only down the road from me. I doubt it will be that high with the std turbo and std fmic?
    I'll keep that in mind cheers.

6. ^^ my old car made 315ft/lbs at stage 1

7. It will make that..Ktec`s remaps have a very high torque figure,while very nice for overtaking..the standard rods/bolts are known to be the weakspot
    with torque being the most likely cause of failures..

You would be very unlucky,but it has happened.

Several people have asked for their torque figures to be lowered when having a ktec remap

8. Has anyone actually bent any rods or is it Chinese whispers from previous places? :blush:

9. If nobody had bent their con rods you wouldn't see it mentioned so much.

Happened to a few people.

10. Ok just wanted to confirm, i'll mention it when I drop her off for mapping.

11. I have a picture somewhere of a con rod bent almost in half.
    The rods in the megane are the same as in the clio..with half the torque..so you are asking a awfull lot with over 300lb/ft.

12. Mine made 270bhp & 301lbft in the end with crackle map too flames :smiley:!

13. Dan

Dan

So, not knowing much about remap's or chips..

can you request a BHP and torque figure when getting these done?

Say - 255 BHP and 275 lbft?

14. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

270bhp and 300 ftlb at RS tuning

15. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

I bent one!

16. Yeah kind of Dan, mine is 260 and 270 lbs

17. But why then are tuners producing 340 lbft if the concensus seems to be to keep below 300 lbft ?

18. Yes but rs tuning are producing 300+ bhp and 340 lbft. See previous link...

19. Who with ?

20. Like he said K-tec

21. Dan

Dan

So there is no way of requesting what you want?

22. Yes you can Dan , when I went for my rolling road map I told him what I wanted and that's what I got 260 bhp and 270 lbs, he adjusted the map to meet the numbers I wanted

23. Ok. Sorry missed it

24. Dan@519

Dan@519 RSM Trader

This is the stage 1 results on the 225 I used to test a list of mods. Ran at SRR before I had my own rollers

IMG_185345407736199_zpsccnlyp3o.jpg

This is a stage 3 R26r I had in for mapping a little while ago. IMG_185685133230585_zpsnuq1ptfq.jpg

25. Stage 3 ? , hybrid turbo then

26. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Mines ran 320 ftlb for two years no issues on stg 2. Although not sure the clutch will be happy when I hybrid.

27. Dan@519

Dan@519 RSM Trader

Yes hybrid turbo, larger injectors.

28. Rst limits to 300lb now due to the engine failures. None have gone since.
    ktecs rollers over read torque, been proven over and over (their own std clio 4 rs had 30lb over std)
    the example of over 300lb from rst was a 250 engine, different kettle of fish as stronger internals

29. Dan@519

Dan@519 RSM Trader

All superflow dynos read high torque. Its just the way they are.

30. Ok Ta for that. Anyone any idea / evidence of wot max torque should be on 250 ?

31. You says it ran that for 2 years , but how many miles has you done in it in the last 2 years, I don't think it moves does it lol

32. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

What's it to you Steve what the car does? I've picked up on you throwing digs out about me/the car a few times recently now. Need to turn it in.

"A year learning track work don't make you an Alonso".

33. I'm thinking about a remap with ktec but I was wondering if someone could make mind up for me :wink:. Is it worth getting the ktec induction kit done at the same time? I have seen some videos and it sounds awesome but has anyone on here had any experience with it and if so what are your views?

34. I am only joking naith, it's such a shame when you've gone through what you have building it, all the sweat and blood and it's such a shame that your not using it enough, we would love to meet and see you on some track days this year, we would have a right laugh mate,

35. The induction is loud! Depends if you're an old man or not lol.

36. Im not an old fart and love the sounds the turbo and dump valve make already. Will the dump valve be louder aswell? You mentioned about a crackle map do you have any videos of this? I have seen it on the clios but didn't realise I could have it on a meg.

37. Mine made Stage 1 - 255bhp 270lbft
    Stage 2 -281bhp 300lbft

done 36 000miles on standard clutch and flywheel , it was running 270bhp and 320lbft at one time and the torque did seem a bit much for traction, 280 bhp 300blft seems pretty perfect and not alot of wheels spin , very smooth delivery