What's it worth? Intercooler and Induction Kit

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Scott, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Evening chaps, apologies if this is the wrong section. I was just wondering what a standard R26 intercooler might be worth?

I also have a new ITG induction kit but I don't think I'll fit it as I already have a KTEC filter with the airbox mod, what do you think would be a fair price for that?

Cheers

2. If it was me I'd be fitting the itg induction kit and selling the filter.

3. Induction kits haven't proven any power gain. Intercoolers increase gains, but make them a bit more laggy. Depends what you're after? A bhp figure? Driveability? Noise?

4. The car has made 260hp already, personally I don't see any benefit on fitting the itg kit if it's already made that figure. That and the itg kit is a faff to fit iirc...

5. The itg kits have proven power.

6. Goon

Goon Banned

Ill give you a 10a 4 that intercooler once I've sold my ktec 1

7. Have you got any links or pics of dyno runs to prove this? If I were looking at another 5-10bhp then I'd consider keeping and fitting it.

8. It's was on meganesport.net chap, they've proven to make quite good gains to be honest.

Il try and dig out for you mate.

9. I'd like to see some before and after runs! Some of the early ones lost power.

10. Thanks! I can only seem to find info on it for the 250/265 rather than the 225/230.

11. It was jaychop mate, find his thread.

12. The issue however is ultimately the car was mapped to a good 260 hp. As far as I'm aware much more than this starts to approach the maximum duty of the injectors anyway, so personally I see little point in fitting the kit.

More than happy for someone to correct me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here though!!