What's everybody plans for mods in the new year??

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Dom c, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Mine is decat and intercooler to start off

2. Stu

Stu

I would like more powwweerr!!

So, planning to do intercooler, injectors, exhaust and remap.

3. Intercooler and injectors then im ready for stage 2 :smiley:

4. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

New driveshafts to go on along with TREs and TRs over the next few weeks, then SMF and map. Intercooler and backbox chop after that.

5. Getting ASTs fitted

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Waiting on my coilovers to arrive then get the hybrid/injectors and FMIC fitted

7. none.. I'm selling up

8. What sort of price is a hybrid with all the bits ya need fitted ??

9. Full suspension refresh

decat turbo back exhaust, bigger injectors, fmic, 250 turbo, remap

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Hybrid was around 1.2k as i bought a new unit and didn't get mine rebuilt, Injects £250 plus fitting then mapping. Around 2k all in i would say. Plus Fmic, Decat etc which i already have

11. Mines mostly boring stuff and finishing off jobs next year to get it ready to do loads of track days :smile:

Things like brake fluid change, g.box oil, bed in my spare set of brakes for track. Finish off the suspension as I did 85% of it this year, all that's left is Steering rack bush, tracking, 2 new rear shocks.

Purchase wise, Quickshift, stainless brake hoses and rest of the exhaust needs ordering.
    And probably more tyres! lol

May consider some 630cc injectors and a remap towards end of 2015, will see how the year goes and whether I feel like I need it

12. What spec will you be looking at after that Jamie?

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It will be:

Hybrid
    630cc Injectors
    Decat
    FMIC
    Injen CAI
    Lightweight SMF

350+bhp and 360+lbs ft should do it, May get a Meth setup as well to help keep temps as low as possible.

Thats the engine/power spec, Then the other chassis stuff like coilovers, Uprated mounts, Brakes etc.

14. What sort of bhp would you be looking at ? Would a 265 run more bhp then a 250 with the same mods ??

15. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Uprated clutch for me.

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Lol, No. They are the same car.

See my post, 350+bhp/lbsft.

17. right ok

18. Not necessarily when I got my 250 mapped the bloke was telling me he had a 265 in the week early and it struggled to make 290 without any noticeable inhibits where as mine made near 300 but mine was running 263bhp stock, so it's not a garuntee

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

250/265 makes no difference to what power they will put out after a map, it varies on every car, Some have stronger engines that others. My 250 ran just over 265 stock.

They are identical bar cosmetic stuff and the "extra" power on the sport button.

20. Exhaust and Filter fitted in Jan in Edinburgh, then a trip to RST for a stage 1 map; then some r888s for the summers driving :wink:

21. fit my intercooler and short shifter, hopefully then remap at some stage, and fit colour coded r26r spoiler

22. Am planning on getting my seat bases down to Steve1 to be lowered

23. Some loose ends for me really just to tidy her up a bit, and sort out the annoying driveshafts, then off to my mates garage for a full respray and hopefully new exterior plastics :smiley:

24. R26.R clutch. Then enjoy.

25. Airtec intercooler and a remap

26. Exhaust midbox-chop first thing for me :smile:

27. Hi Jamie, Is the above fitted to a standard engine? Is it strong enough?

28. I hope its not on a standard engine. It will be rodbendtastic otherwise !

I run 325ibft on a standard engine.

29. Fit all me goodies from under the bed which are

BC coilovers
    3 inch turbo back rs240
    Smf flywheel
    R26r clutch
    Slave cylinder
    Wishbones
    New links

Then intercooler and injectors and actuator and then map time!

Then just more trackdays and enjoy the car

30. For me its wheel refurb and going to paint mirror caps/bullets and diamonds the same. Also spacers and fit the stainless exhaust!

31. On a 250 engine though Andy

32. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

A long weekend at BTM in jan just before Autosport which will include.

N/S CV boot fixed
    N/S hub replaced.
    Drop and rejig rear beam
    630cc's (might have to wait until I have turbo to do it all in one go)
    M Factory Diff
    R clutch
    SMF

That's all in jan and as the year goes on I'd love to source a MK3 RS turbo and some bigger brakes. Be at a loose end then with her, maybe an FIA spec cage!

33. For me a intercooler early Jan. Then decat and remap hopefully by April. After that not sure. Excited tho.

34. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Some form of exhaust as the standard is boring me.

Clutch with SMF at some point as mine is starting to slip.

Inter cooler maybe.

Map. Deffo need a map.

35. Turboback exhaust, intercooler, custom cai and short shifter! And a lot more!

36. I've just bought a silver r26 to which I'm going to have it re-sprayed in nimbus, drop my big engine in, put the full 26r interior in that has been on my office roof for nearly a year & fit some coilovers. Just got to wait for the car to arrive on the 30th as I have everything else. Just need some 26r headlights & wheels.
    lee.

37. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I can help if you need it :smile:

38. Had a lot done recently (decat, remap, wheel refurb, tpi bolts, interior LEDs, forge recirc, new radiator, new lambda) so just a .R spoiler, mirror caps painted black to match the wheels and a shortshift kit for next year.

39. cheers mate. The paintwork is already sorted it's just wheels n lights I need mate.
    Lee

40. First dibs on your old cage :wink: